Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
A++ thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

I Love You! posted:

Oh what's that Treasure Cruise is completely busted in various formats? WHAT A HUGE SURPRISE
As one of the commentators pointed out, we're one week into Khans being legal. That could mean that the format has yet to adjust to it (more people playing Tormod's Crypt over Grafdigger's Cage could hate it out of the format). It could also mean that the deck that capitalizes on it the most has yet to show up.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It's nice to see Pain Seer actually seeing some use :unsmith:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Count Bleck posted:

What deck even runs Daring Thief? I need an excuse to play it.
ROBITS! Your sneaky thief convinces an enemy dude to come play for your team in exchange for a certified pre-owned Ornithopter.

EDIT: I love the idea that Daring Thief is a used car salesman.

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 16, 2014

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Entropic posted:

It's a god drat crime that Scuttling Doom Engine doesn't have the creature subtype "crab", I mean seriously what the gently caress Wizards.
It's literally a giant crab made of crabs

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

This is great!
We've found the best quip, we can all stop now

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Boxman posted:

Slivers on camera at the SCG open against Jeskai delver. I'm so happy. :allears:
Like, slivers in a deck?

Or an actual sliver deck?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Everyone who doesn't think that Dualcaster Mage is Legacy playable is insane, that card has value written all over it.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

How is it that I've never seen this guy before.

He's just so goddamn pleased with those crystals.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm wondering if some kind of Jund midrange thing is possible. Ramp into Stormbreath, use the wrath to blow up everything other than Stormbreath.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
If Zurgo's not riding a dragon that's going to be a huge missed opportunity.

Also Fateseal is monstrously unfun. It's never coming back.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

qbert posted:

All of this is to say that Ivan is impressive as gently caress, and I hope to watch him piloting the deck again at other major events.
Watching the SCG deck tech made him seem incredibly intelligent. Dude's on the ball.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Bugsy posted:

Tinfins is so stupid, I love it.

If it is the one I'm thinking off, it was from a highlight from march and it was a very unconventional u/w tempo list.

deck list: http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5/developing-legacy/549310-mono-blue-martyr?comment=3

match: http://www.twitch.tv/scglive/b/513336808?t=1572m30s
I remember that blowing people's minds a few months back, but I thought it was just a rogue deck suited to the meta at the time.

It's always nice to see Ninja of the Deep Hours.

EDIT: Is that a loving Divert in the sideboard? That's gotta be a complete backbreaker if they don't see it coming. Which they won't.

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 3, 2014

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Ob Nixilis is a goddamn baller

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

The Lord of Hats posted:

I really like that, it's probably one of my favorite Uncharted Realms. It's interesting, even though I'd say he's pretty clearly mono-black the whole way through, he originally had at least very vaguely noble intentions--put an end to the cycle of destruction that was eating his home plane. I feel like that's a nice example of "Black can still do good things, but in its own way".
That's kind of the opposite of what I got out of it. Like, Ob told himself that he wanted to end war and be in charge of his plane, but when the chips were down what he really wanted was to be the last man standing on a dead world. And once his spark ignited, all he wanted was to do that again and again and again.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Yawgmoth posted:

If you guys want to blather on about triggering and privilege or whatever the gently caress else, there's a thread for that. Not every thread needs a treatise on how this particular topic is socially progressive/regressive/triggering/loaded with trans-fats. Play the game, enjoy the game, don't be a poo poo.
Aside from the fact that this is just a really lovely opinion for you to have, ignoring the problem is a fantastic way to make sure it never gets solved. And it's absolutely a problem.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

That's what the term initially meant, but it's kind of been co-opted by tumblr to refer to literally anything you find objectionable in any way, which is presumably the usage he's mocking.
He's also lumping in people who want girls to be able to play a card game without getting harassed with that crowd. It's completely disingenuous to equate "Hey man, maybe Magic players should be less lovely to girls" with "TRIGGER WARNING: ABELISM".

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

vOv posted:

Eh, I think you just have to grin and bear it.
Cedric is bearly containing his excitement.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

MiddleEastBeast posted:

There's a difference between adapting to a shifting metagame and needing to pack your deck the gills with hate for one particular matchup if you want to have a chance in a tournament. One is the sign of a healthy metagame, one isn't.
This, yeah. When the entire metagame has shifted towards beating a particular strategy and then that strategy still wins, it's a problem.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Apparently someone left this in their hotel room.

I Want To Go To There

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

forbidden lesbian posted:

some weird meltdown
HAVE I GOT A WEIRD MELTDOWN FOR YOU

https://twitter.com/Xander756/status/534456111110582274

BONUS ROUND: https://twitter.com/Xander756/status/534460167979814914

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I occasionally wonder what strange alternate reality some people live in where they think publicly calling someone a human being isn't a fireable offense at the vast majority of workplaces.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Ebethron posted:

free speech means never taking responsibility for what you say

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Mageta the Lion is a haymaker and a half if you can get him online in EDH.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
If we're actually going to talk about it, it's pretty drat clear from even a cursory glance that gamergate is less about ethics in anything and more about pushback against the ways that gaming has started to lean left and an attempt to silence the people that call out terrible people on being terrible, which is why someone who was fired for publicly calling someone a human being thought it was relevant to toss his hat into the ring.

Literally it's "Wah, it's no longer socially acceptable to call people faggots or use rape as a pejorative :911:"

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
From what I understand, Tibalt is extremely popular as a character despite his card being a pile of wet garbage. I'd be shocked if we didn't see him again in some fashion.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

MiddleEastBeast posted:

But did he delve while casting his Murderous Cut?
...go home.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Chamale posted:

Memory Lapse
This is the most frustrating spell to have slapped on a Scepter. You're a monster.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Manifest being in the same Standard as Scry is going to be fun

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

How does someone not know what Warden does?

Everyone I know who saw it immediately asked or realized about activating the last ability multiple times.

Oh well, Magic. :v:
It's Notion Thief all over again.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
This deck is goddamn hilarious.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm curious to know if you ever got to hard cast Muddle the Mixture. Combo enablers doubling as countermagic seems incredibly strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
After that first sweeper, most savvy players aren't going to overcommit unless they have to. This is why control decks play spot removal as well.

• Locked thread