Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Whew, some of the Adventure Missions that give you the weapon upgrades can be quite a bitch. I got Link's Lv. 3 Gauntlets yesterday and that Mission wouldn't be quite so bad if it wasn't for all those icy Poes I'm expected to kill at the beginning (or stay out of the way off).

On the other hand, Lana's Lv. 3 Spellbook mission and Ganondorf's Lv. 3 Great Sword mission were alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Spinner Link, Spellbook Lana, Ganondorf and Zant. I want to try Wizzro a little more too.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Whoever thought that Mini-Imprisoned was a good idea, and especially putting them alongside the normal Imprisoned, needs to be taken out back and shot. Thank God the top maps are more lenient on the "taking damage" aspect when it comes to ranks...

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Holy poo poo, Ganon pack sounds awesome! :allears:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Jesus, Zant's 2nd weapon battle is already an uphill battle. Why is there a loving cucco now? This is terrible and bad.

Is it bad that I didn't have any problems with that mission? Only played it once to get a feel for it, then played through it again to get the weapon.

Also, unlocked my first Rewards map. Those things give out a ton of rupees for clearing them, which helps when I'm short on cash to spend on badges and training and stuff.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

You know, given the games that Hyrule Warriors pull from for most of it's lore, I'd say it's set late in an alternate Child Timeline since the only games they've pulled characters from that is set latter than Ocarina of Time is Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess (and the other characters either come from an earlier point than that or are legacy characters).

On that note, I don't actually mind activating a Cucco Revenge Squad: I find them easier to deal with here than in any other game, though part of that is because the unnamed cuccos go down as fast as a normal soldier (and add to my kill score, and therefore my kill rank).

Also, I assume "Hasty Attacks" is mandatory on whatever ultimate weapon you make for Ganondorf when you get a weapon with that skill for him, right?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I've compared the warriors I've unlocked to find out what their relative attack power compared to each other are:

Tier E: Very Low

Fi
Tingle

Tier D: Low

Sheik
Zelda (Uses multiple weapons, but the attack power shown for her is why she's in this tier.)
Agitha
Wizzro
Young Link

Tier C: Average/Balanced

Link (Uses multiple weapons, but the attack power shown for him is why he's here.)
Lana (Like Link, she's a multiple weapon user but whose attack is shown to be average/balanced.)
Zant
Cia

Tier B: High

Impa (Uses multiple weapons, but the attack power shown places her here.)
Midna
Ghirahim
Volga
Twili Midna

Tier A: Very High

Darunia
Ganondorf

The only one I'm missing is Ruto.

For the record, if all Warriors are Lv. 99, the attack power between tiers amount to a 25 point difference, (which ultimately means a 100 point difference between Tier E and Tier A Warriors).

Useless Trivia: There is at least one fire element user in all the tiers: They are Link (Fire Rod), Impa (Naginata), Sheik (Harp, represented by the Lightning Element but actually uses all elements), Darunia, Volga, and Tingle.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Got all badges on Ganondorf. As he's also sitting at Lv. 113, he's probably my best unit right now. Onward to Wizzro and Zant.

But enough about that. I have a problem, ironically involving Ganondorf: I need to find a good map to farm his materials (for Link and Young Link). His Ganon form is currently easier to farm for 'his' materials.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I do, but I've only done the first mission on the Twilight Map.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

On one hand, the Boss Rush Mode looks really frustrating.

On the other hand, Ganon Mode actually looks fun... :allears:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Bloodly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mteI7vfsdqU

Moveset of Ganon. What I don't understand is 'boss attack'. EDIT: I'm dumb. they're his version of sub-weapons.

So you basically get just about all of his attacks to use for yourself, I see.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Bloodly posted:

An...interesting moveset has turned up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWqWPtPD7aQ

That is loving awesome! :allears:

Also, Ganon Mode will be called Ganon's Fury, according to the 1.0.6 update, and Warrior Level Cap has increased to 255.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Whelp! Ended up getting the second tier Great Fairy and Summoning Gate weapons before the first tier ones.

Also made some leeway on the Master Quest map, including getting Wizzro's Tier 2 weapon. That'll help his offense.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ChibiSoma posted:

What loving rear end in a top hat looked at the Master Quest map and all of its stupid stage gimmicks, went "This isn't annoying enough," added dozens of butterflies, then put the only god drat Harp on an Agitha stage? There are Harps at the very bottom-right and one up top, but I can't get to them because butterflies are everywhere. :mad:

Don't know about you, but I haven't touched that stage yet. I got my Harp by getting to the bottom-right maps (would be somewhere on the third row from the bottom).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Got Volga's Twilight costume today. That black armor really suits him.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Alright! I got the Lv. 3 Baton for Zelda! After the Lv. 2 Baton mission, I was expecting the worst, but it wasn't as bad as that one.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Basically, Darunia's X attack (the Goron roll) destroys captain (and warrior) weak point gauges like candy. Once you get used to doing his strong attack whenever a weak point gauge comes up (and save his C4 for hordes), only giant bosses should give you trouble unless you're underlevelled.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Got a 5-Star 8-Slots Lv. 3 weapon for Zant. I'm currently thinking of skills to put on it.

Hasty Attacks and Strong Attack+ are probably mandatory on that weapon, and I'm probably gonna keep the Darkness+ skill, but I have no idea of what else I should have.

EDIT: I also have the No Healing skill on it since I've recently come to love guarding (helped net me Ganondorf's keys on the Twilight map yesterday).

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 31, 2015

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Spiffo posted:

Strength III is one of his staples, so maybe that? I find it pretty reliable. Maybe Finishing Smash or whatever makes your Weak Point Smashes better (spitballing here).

Hm, yes. That is a good suggestion. I currently have Hasty Attacks, No Healing, Strong Attack+, and Darkness, and the totem pole will be neat for enemy captains.

I don't think I'll take Finishing Blow+ since Zant's WPS against enemy captains, well... blows... and it kind of messes up my combos and strings. Does Finishing Blow+ make Zant's WPS decent?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think for my Zant I did something like No Healing, Legendary (not necessary but I had it already), Hasty Attacks, Special Attack+ (could be other stuff just fine), Darkness+, Strong Attack, Strength 2, and Strength 6.

Hm... I don't think I'll use Legendary or Special Attack +, so maybe an ideal weapon for me would be something like this:

Hasty Attacks
Regular Attacks+
No Healing
Darkness+
Strong Attack+
Strength II
Strength III
Strength VI

Or this:

Hasty Attacks
Regular Attacks+
No Healing
Vs. Dragon (for all those Dinolfos and Aeralfos captains + I get to hit better against 2 bosses and Volga)
Darkness+
Strong Attack+
Strength III
Strength VI

Though if Finishing Blow+ makes his WPS decent, I may just take that over Regular Attacks+.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Spiffo posted:

If I understand that document someone posted earlier (where the writer did a bunch of research to find damage formula info, can someone repost it?), I believe it just adds a flat damage increase. I suggest maybe trying it on other weapons, one with the boosted WPS and one without, and decide if the difference is worth a slot before you fuse it.

Vs. Dragon is a good pick though.

edit: this document, click on the image links in their observations

Alright. I'll do that then.

Also, I just got a 5-star 8-slot Lv. 3 weapon for Ganondorf (it's an 8-bit Magical Key if you're wondering, so Keyblade Master Ganondorf will soon be a thing). I've already decided upon having Hasty Attacks (who wouldn't for him), Special Attack+ (because Ganondorf has no problems filling the Special Attack gauge and his Special attack is all kinds of awesome), No Healing (once I get it for him), Vs. Dragon (once I get it), Strong Attack+, Strength II, and Strength V. But I need help deciding what the last skill should be, out of either Strength III or Strength VI (I'm not a fan of his C4).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Alright, I need to decide skills for both Ganondorf and Wizzro right now.

I have (or will get) these skills for Ganondorf:

Strong Attack+
Strength II
Strength V
Vs. Dragon
No Healing
Hasty Attacks
Special Attack+

And I need to decide on either Strength III or Strength VI for his last slot.

I have (or will get) these skills for Wizzro:

Strength IV
Strength V
Vs. Dragon
No Healing
Regular Attack+

And need to decide on a combination of Strong Attack+, Strength III, Darkness+, or Hasty Attacks for his last three slots.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Ugh. The random weapon drops and that we can't use more than one Apothecary item is pretty bullshit. I've been trying to get No Healing for Wizzro, and have literally gotten every other 3000 KOs skill besides that one. :suicide:

EDIT: After 4-5 hours of tedious rigging, I've finally gotten No Healing for Wizzro. :toot: Getting it for Ganondorf went a lot smoother.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 6, 2015

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Spiffo posted:

Could someone post a quick summary on recommended levels in Adventure mode? What level should you expect your guys to be at in order to beat Adventure, also Master Quest? Also what level should you be to start enjoying the Twilight and Majora DLC maps? I heard Majora is a bit easier than the Twilight map.

Also where's a good place to raise levels if I need to? I am currently finished the initial Adventure map (only because of co-op) and making my way through the Master Quest one. Haven't touched the other two. So far I've mostly leaned on the first rewards mission (with midna, zelda, etc) but is there a quicker way?

Around 60-70 or so for Adventure/Master Quest, and you probably want to be in the 90 zone for the Twilight Princess one, and at around 80 or so for Majora's Mask.

You will probably be like me and possess much higher levels than those listed above because the damage you do at those levels for the high-level missions feel inadequate at times. (Thank God for the Rupee Glitch.)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

In that case, Sheik and maybe Ganondorf are also respectably fast at taking down Gohma, meaning you get more attempts in in your timeframe. I don't recall if Ganondorf needs Hasty Attacks to guarantee the gauge break from outside of the halo or not, though, but I did make a video for him as well, same channel as the other two.

He does not, which I can confirm, since he's the character I usually use to get the rupee glitch...

Unless you're talking about taking the whole gauge down in one go and not the whole boss's health down once the gauge is gone.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I was talking about taking out the entire Weak Point Gauge in one knockdown (which then leads to taking out the boss's entire healthbar in that knockdown).

Yeah. Then we need Hasty Attacks.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Hyrule Warriors for 3DS? AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! Oh, Tetra is in, that's cool.

But we all know that the real star of the show is King Daphnes and his boat-based moveset! :allears:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Rama of Ra posted:

The weapon type showed for hard skulltullas just refers to general weapon type, right? Like the first hard skulltulla I just need a hyrulian sword and not specifically a Knights sword, yah?

Yes. It only refers to a general weapon type.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ganondorf is getting some kind of Triumph Fork in Legends (will also unlock on the Wii-U version with all the characters if you pick it up)

Toon Link Trailer: Shakkka shakka shakka shakka

The fork is of the Lightning Element, isn't it? Coolio! My fav Hyrule Warrior can now use both of my favorite elements.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I wonder if this means that the Trident will include a few attacks that use the Dark Element.

(Like it will be represented as Lightning Element but will have Darkness as a secondary element like how Agitha can use Lightning even if she has a Light element weapon)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfSeYwSNNtM

I like how the king just keeps laughing in that vid

King of Hyrule for best Water Element character!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

The T posted:

Psh, as if not owning a 3DS would stop people from buying the game just to use the code.

God, I really hope EVERYTHING ports over, new stages/missions. I wonder if there will be a new Adventure map...?

Also, Skull Kid looks cool and the TP enemy summon is a nice callback.

I think we're gonna get a new Adventure Map as well as characters and weapons.

The new stories will likely stay on Legends, and the game will likely get an overhaul in missions to accomodate for being able to take control of up to 4 characters now.

EDIT:

That laughter will be in my nightmares.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 26, 2015

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I'd been extremely surprised if Linkle's moveset didn't have any references to Link's Crossbow Training.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors or bust.

:yeah:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Hm... according to Reddit, it seems that the weapon locations for the characters have been switched around for Legends. Ruto, Volga, and Tingle's Lv. 2 weapons are now found on the Wind Waker Adventure Map.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Wait, you have to unlock Tingle's Lv2 now? Didn't it just begin to drop randomly as soon as you downloaded him?

Yes, in the original. In Legends, he's not a DLC character so it's likely that he will need to unlock weapons and heart containers in the same manner as everyone else. (also likely goes for Young Link and Twili Midna.)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Having played a lot of Hyrule Warriors recently, I'm of the opinion that Darkness is the best element and Water is the shittiest. The extra damage you get from Darkness can add up to quite a bit of good extra damage while the Water's damage over time effect tend to hinder me more than helping.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Whew. I've made some progress on Hyrule Warriors. Finally A-Ranked (and beat) all the map squares on the original Adventure Mode. Now to get all those Heart Pieces. :suicide:

Also got Agitha's 8-bit weapon. Thank God I'm done with that because Cucco Chick and Mama Cucco Missions where the Cucco Chick spawns away from you (which is every time) are hell if you're trying for A Rank (not to mention I was doing it with a Lv. 76 Agitha).

I now have a plan in regards to missions where I need to use Agitha which is to never go further than C3, if you're not doing C5 that is. (Also, get as many Weak Point Smashes as you can: Her Weak Point Smash is pretty amazing!)

Also, surprisingly beat the Dark Ruler mission on the Twilight Princess map with an A Rank on first attempt. I thought I was hosed when Ganon hit me with one of his lightning attacks, but I fulfilled the requirements.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Hey hey, two promotional videos for Hyrule Warriors Legends!

It's all in japanese, and I've spoilered most of the info I've found, but there's some nice things here:

quote:

- Toon Link and Ruto are confirmed to be unlockable through Legends' Adventure Mode. It's easy to see that they have no playable role in the story campaigns due to this.
- Twili Midna can get/win Heart Pieces and Heart Containers from Adventure Mode maps now. Due to the above, we can expect the Wii U DLC characters to no longer being limited by the DLC pack they came from: They will be integrated into Legend Mode and Adventure Mode (and like the above, will likely be unlocked through one of them).
- There are Lv. 4 weapons awailable for characters now. They're basically the third tier weapon, but more powerful (500 power and 7 slots from the start anyone?).
- Level cap is 99.
- The Master Sword is getting two more hidden skills in addition to Evil's Bane.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Dizz posted:

So they're reverting level cap from 255 or whatever BACK to 99?

Yes. On the other hand, that almost certainly means some rebalancing of difficulty for some Adventure Modes such as the Twilight Princess one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

I wonder how many changes will propagate back to the Wii U version, if any do.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the transfer code is going to unlock the new characters, maaaaybe the Great Sea adventure map, and that's it.

It will probably unlock the new weapon types as well (not the Lv. 4 weapons though, I'll wager). And to be honest, this is fine by me. It makes Legends more into it's own game.

• Locked thread