Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ChibiSoma, I don't think you should play Hero Mode at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

On the other hand I will play as Tingle Link forever.

But yeah Tingle really should be his own character :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Does it have to be TP related? If not she should get the animal flute from Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

So it's the Summoning gate except sometimes you are stuck with Moosh instead of the kangaroo that punches whirlwinds.

I am still bitter that I got Moosh instead of the kangaroo that punches whirlwinds. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Stuck with moosh? Stuck with Moosh? I regret saving your network link today.

He is an adorable fat flying bear and all but the other dudes did cooler stuff :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Excels posted:

realtalk the majoras mask DLC dudes better be Tingle and Skull Kid. Agitha was a funny joke and everything but seriously i want to loving play as tingle and skull kid

If they don't do this I will delete my digital copy from my drive. :mad:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I think I am in the opposite camp to most of you, where if I fail I am just like, 'oh well, guess I'm not leveled enough. I will have to just play this game forever until I have everything and every weapon and badge and heart and Skulltula. Ohhhhhhh welllllll. :downs::unsmigghh:' Difficulty is good. Challenge is good. You can do it. I believe in you.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Is it confirmed that the Link Amiibo always gives a Link weapon, or have I just been incredibly unlucky for 2 weeks?

Dude will not stop giving me five star six slot magical rods. For like two weeks. I think he has given me Eponas and spinners as well but mostly the first thing. Either way he only seems to give me Link stuff yes.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Tingle should have definitely joined Link's side in the main story before Ruto or Agitha showed up and it is pretty hosed up that he didn't.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Hello thread. I want you to know that I A-ranked Zelda's tier 2 Baton mission finally this morning and it feels really nice. Thank you for reading.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there any reason to let Cia's ridiculous animations play out? It seems like a bunch of her attacks will continue to go off even if you dodge out of the animations for them. Its most noticeable with the shadow mines and dark link hordes. I've found animation canceling to help on various heroes but the animations for Cia are so absurdly long I'm wondering if maybe they do more damage or something if you allow them to go off, cause otherwise what's the point.

She is a lot like Ghirahim in that it is cool to adjust your hair or laugh very loud for a while after attacking several dozen dudes but I am just going to go ahead and dodge cancel out of it and so should you.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

enojy posted:

Pro controller with the Gamepad in its cradle directly in front of you is probably the optimal setup for this game, unless you have no quarrels with reaching the L/R bumpers on the Gamepad, in which case it alone is fine.

Actually this reminds me, is there a way to put the map on the Game Pad that I haven't noticed? That would be useful as hell.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I am pumped as gently caress for Tingle. Like, loving finally.

Not pumped for OoT Impa with her bicycle shorts and that loving FACE.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I wonder if the Toon Link Amiibo will unlock a corresponding skin for Young Link. That would be sweet.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Nintendo... Just when I was beginning to think they'd kind of figured out DLC. Sigh.

I would still say Nintendo has the best value on DLC these days. The installation thing is just weird and finicky. :shrug:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I am very glad they fixed OoT Impa's absurd mouth. Nothing can fix those bicycle shorts though. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Kin posted:

Thanks for the clarity.

It is the yellow bar under your hearts.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Excels posted:

kirby is actually powered by racism. it's Canon

This is hosed up and I thought there were moderators around here.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's only delayed in America because Americans need an extra week to brace themselves for Tingle.

I don't. I am ready for Tingle now. I have been ready for Tingle for a long time.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Popero posted:

Darunia level 3 :(

Midna level 3 is the worst thing in the goddamn world.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Arbitrary Coin posted:

I actually got the 1200 kills under 4 hearts damage on my 2nd and 3rd try, but couldn't find the stupid thing in time :shepicide:

That poo poo loving infuriated me at first and I bookmarked this for that reason.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/Hyrule_Warriors_Gold_Skulltulas

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Stop pressing d-pad up, probably. Don't do that anymore.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Hyrule Warriors is a game about getting the biggest number you can and then using that number to carve off like 4,000 moblin's faces. The closer to 500 the better.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I really wish the Chain Chomp on the Power Glove would bite things or at least move a little.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

jivjov posted:

Best avatar/post combo. Everything you say I imagine coming from the mouth of a hyper-cheerful puffball.

I will assume the same for myself. :twisted:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Gold Skulltulas are almost never directly in the center of the web, but they are somewhere in that web. You want to run around until you find a spot where the music fades away and all you can hear is the creepy little SKRTCH SKRTCH of their awful giant spider legs. You may have to grapple up to a special point or clear some tentacles with a boomerang but usually they're just in outside a keep or something.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The next pack is called the Boss Pack or something, right? I was hoping you get to play all the generic bad guy captains. Other Warriors games have done something similar, I thought?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Jibo posted:

I did a Network Link on the Termina map on a level I hadn't beat yet and the A Rank got stamped onto the level and it unlocked the adjacent square. I'm guessing that's not intended but I'll take it.

Network Links will always do this. You won't get the level reward though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

:geno:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

yamdankee posted:

Honestly I don't get the hate for Agitha. I used her for the first time the other day and she seriously wrecked these dudes. I forget the combo, but the beetle is just like Ruto's wave (maybe not quite as large of an attack zone). I thought I was going to hate playing as her but she's not that bad IMHO.

I really like Agitha. My only problem with her is that her defense badges require loving Imprisoned scales and she is getting demolished on her tier 3 mission because of this so now I have to fight the Imprisoned like 15 times and it's all her fault. :argh:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

nooooooooooooo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Yeaahhhhh, gimme that fuckin' trident :unsmigghh:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Though now that I've finished the Termina map, I'm running out of stuff to do.

:stare: Congratulations.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

lol Ganon Mode is loving infuriating. Hope you dig knocking the poo poo out of giant bosses only to be murdered in two hits by a tiny offscreen Dark Link. :waycool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Did the final DLC come out in the US yet?

Yeah, I downloaded it earlier today. Playing as Ganon is neat but you can get really hosed up by tiny dudes and it's annoying. There's actually more than one scenario in the Challenge menu now, too. The update to the Challenge stuff makes it actually a full game mode now, I don't know why they let it ship originally the way they did.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Dizz posted:

That sounds as bullshit as Namco with the whole "rights to minigames during loading screens" copyright.

They don't have that anymore.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Takoluka posted:

where the gently caress is ralph

In the trash where he and his pointy rear end hat belong.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Takoluka posted:

man, if we're gonna get garbage like darunia, the least we can get is a rep from the oracle games, because they sure as hell aren't giving us din or nayru

I maintain that Wizzro should have been Agahnim and Volga should have been Onox.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Capcom is in the process of suing K-T because apparently they patented 'console expansion packs' despite Koei having done them for years.

Yeah it sounds like some hilarious bullshit: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-26-capcom-files-lawsuit-against-koei-tecmo-for-patent-infringement

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

whereas groose. where the gently caress is groose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ralph has the spin attack but it goes out of control and has the bar that Zant has that can overload

• Locked thread