Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
The company I work for just for awarded a $30 million contract from the government for about 660 vehicles. :marc:

I fully plan on taking an extended poop in the middle of designing the truck, so know that your tax dollars went to me dropping a deuce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

freelop posted:

This is how I read this which might not be so good for future contracts

No that'd be a fart.

I hope.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Trouser Chili, your name has never been more appropriate.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Geirskogul posted:

I thought it was Windows 9? 7 8 9?

Nope. Nine was eaten. Ten is the next Windows.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Sorry about the late-night cat snapchats guys, I can't help myself.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

Yeah, hes the weird one. Not the person responding with "have you ever done a quality line of blow off a bmw dash?"

Don't knock it until you've tried it

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I used to love storms. I bought my first house last October, and we had a massive storm here in July. A tornado touched down literally in my backyard and traveled about a mile before it lifted up. I lost eleven trees though had only gutter damage to the house itself.

A huge spruce fell about a foot from the Volvo that was parked next to it.

I'm still cleaning up after that storm. gently caress storms. gently caress them right in their twister hole.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The one good thing about working 4 10's is that I get Fridays off now. So loving tired.

We were offered that option in the summer. I didn't do it. I'd still have to pay full-time for daycare (the price only changes if they go three days or fewer), and then I'd have to get stuff down around the house.

Nah, I think I'll just keep on working five eights.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Terrible Robot posted:

gently caress jobs that punish you for getting sick (unless you call in an excessive amount), like that's something you really have control over.

And yeah if you are sick don't go to work, nobody wants to be around a plague-carrier.

Every time I've called in my boss was just like "ok man, hope you feel better, later"

gently caress jobs that don't necessarily punish you but don't make it easy either.

If I call in sick, all my work is still there with the same due dates, and now I have to work twice as hard to get the work done. As such, I'm only calling in sick if I'm on my death bed.

Vacations are the same way. Taking a week off sucks because coming back in and having to work twice as hard for two weeks just sucks.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

mariooncrack posted:

This. He's your ex for a reason. gently caress that guy.

I think the point is to not do that.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

slip proof stairs posted:

My SO really really wants a Mini Cooper to replace her ragged-as-hell MB C240. Are there any major issues with mid-late 2000's hardtop base Coopers that I should know about? The biggest anecdotes I see around the internet are power steering pump failure and timing chain issues.

We had an '03 n/a for awhile, and from what I remember:

- The electric power steering was inadequately cooled, leading to premature failure on many cars. The fix involves an extra fan blowing on it, I believe, so if it's been repaired by the dealer once it's probably good.

- The door sills are known to rust.

- I've heard the CVTs are utter poo poo, though we had the 5-speed which was excellent.

Not sure about the ones newer than that. We sold ours when it had 50k miles on it. They're seriously fun to drive though, even the n/a ones. Corners very flat and it becomes a lot of fun to use momentum through the curves to keep speed.

Ours was my wife's technically, though I drove it regularly while she slowly learned stick on it. It was a hoot.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So this friend of mine who lost his job and traded in his '98 Z3 for an '05 545i regardless just got an interview with Tire Rack.

I want to work at Tire Rack :(

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Its this time of year. Days getting shorter, colder weather, etc. I known I have been feeling kinda sad lately. Just need to readjust.

All of my cars are broken, everybody has been sick all week, I'm pretty broke after paying for a new fence, and we're all marching ever onwards towards our inevitable death.

On the other hand, the Smore's poptart I'm eating for breakfast is pretty rockin'.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Oh yeah, my job is pretty awesome. There are probably about 100 V10 engines sitting in the building I'm in. I'm paid pretty well and my projects are always interesting and high-margin. And our company is doing very well at the moment.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

N is for Nipples posted:

Snap me hard. Snap me often. Snap my snaps off. solarNativity. Flood me.

I send people snaps of cool cars I see. Go ahead and friend me, shivan000. I really hope some of mine were the ones that were leaked.

And yeah, I have no idea who any of you guys are when you send pictures. So, uh, yeah.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Just popping in to say holy gently caress I'm broke.

Paying the fence people $2600 to repair and replace my remnants of a fence pretty much took what little money i had. Also everybody being sick all week and needing medicines, and my $85 diagnosis only to tell me I need to spend a lot more money to make my BMW winter-able.

I still need to buy a mattress for my son's big boy bed and that'll be money I don't have.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of alcoholism, my daughter has been sick and has to take a liquid medicine twice a day. She hates it. To make her feel better, I take some medicine alongside her: a shot of Jager. She smelled it, agreed it was also gross, and now won't take her medicine without me taking a shot of Jager.

In a way, then, my kids are forcing me to drink.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Looks like cheddar and broccoli soup. mmmmm.

I need to find a good potato soup recipe.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Adiabatic posted:

I lived in Grand Rapids MI for 4 years. It's a place with 100" of snowfall on average and ~270 days of the year are completely overcast. I heard "At least it's not Ohio" a lot.

I grew up in South Bend, live in Mishawaka and work in Elkhart. On the plus side, we're pretty close to Chicago, Indy, Cleve- oh... Detro- ooh.... hmm... Well, Chicago and Indy.

So many different places to get stabbed!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I have to get one of those. My S4 is toast after a few hours at work while it continuously connects and reconnects to 4G.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

Congratulations ssjonizuka! :3:

I said that I was done dating for a while, but I met a guy on tinder who wants to take me to a dive bar, put some Vandals on the jukebox, and talk about Middle East relations. :stare: I can make an exception for that.

I used to occasionally visit a bar a friend of mine worked at. It was a sleazy bar in a one horse town in Michigan but they had one of those internet jukeboxes back when they were brand new.

Every time I went, I'd put a $20 into the jukebox and load it up with the best black metal songs I could find (Their metal collection was limited but they had Dimmu Borgir and Merciful Fate I remember, and some others), and usually end with some nice, long songs they had in there like Carouselambra. I'd usually get an hour or two out of the machine for my money.

The look on the other patron's faces when my songs came on was great, but what was greater were the chics that went and put money in and after a half hour "They're still not playing my Britney, waaaa!"

(My friend that worked there was a metalhead and he deeply approved)

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

kastein posted:

Dimmu is great, so I strongly approve of and endorse this message.

I loved to play Stormblast in its entirety. The original, not the remake.

I normally hate bars but man, I loved that one.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

keykey posted:

About 6 months ago I was in a bar getting drinks with friends after work, 75% female. A guy walked up to one of my friends and hands her a $5.00 and says," Play anything you want." She in turn handed me the fiver and said," Go to town." I'd never used one before then, but surprisingly it had the extended version of In A Gadda Da Vida, Christeene: Fix My Dick, some other songs for flavor, and it ended right Dimmu Borgir: Puritania.

I do remember playing In A Gadda Da Vida as one of the long songs. The full 20-minute version. Live too, I think.

The Doors' The End was there too, but I don't remember if I ever played it. Just something about playing that song in a bar full of people likely drinking their worries away, that didn't sound like a very good idea.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The best part about the internet jukeboxes is that you can secretly play What's Up Pussy Cat ten times in a row.

A buddy of mine would always go play King Diamond's No Presents for Christmas. Every time.

The look on people's faces, man. The look on people's faces.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

InitialDave posted:

Some of you may like the latest XKCD What If? page:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/116/

That's great and now I really want to see the survivable-one in action. If I'm understanding it correctly, there will be vomit everywhere.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I want a FLIR.

Post more pictures of FLIR!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

I can only start so many conversations with, "Hi, how are you doing today?" or some variant of that, and every dude between 26 and 36 seems to have an opinion on Batman.

I'm mad because I missed Batman chat and I have an opinion on Batman that differs from every other single person alive.

Val Kilmer.

Val Kilmer is my favorite Batman.

It has a lot to do with how adolescent-me was sheltered and never saw a movie until right around when that movie came out, and Batman Forever was my first Batman movie. And because of how impressionable I was at the time, that is, for me, the definitive Batman movie and I will defend it until I die.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

CornHolio, my friends are 50/50 between Val Kilmer and Christian Bale.

You have good friends.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Fucknag posted:

I still have my original aol address that lil babby fucknag made in 1996. :corsair:

It's pure inertia at this point, just can't be assed to pick a memorable address on gmail or whatever.

I still have my original hotmail account, also dated 1996. I didn't log in for over three months back around 2002, and they kept my account for me but deleted everything. I had some cool forwards, man.

I wish yahoo hadn't bought rocketmail, I loving loved my rocketmail account.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Tusen Takk posted:

So after dusting everything and seeing that I'm only at 50C on an oc'd GPU I decided to scan for viruses since it wasn't lagging like this last week and my brother was using it for his homework and is not exactly good at computers.

:smith:

Every time I run Malwarebytes on my mom's computer it finds several hundred files. :smith:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Man, my computer is about eight years old (at least the motherboard, processor and RAM are). I just don't have a reason to get something smaller since my phone works fine.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

keykey posted:

Yay! I'm in the emergency room with my wife because she possibly has either appendicitis or gall stones. In either case her Dr said she can go there and he'd send her to the emergency room or she can just come straight here.

My brother was in the ER yesterday. Passed out at work because he was dehydrated, apparently. He's alright now. Hopefully your wife ends up also alright.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I was talking about self-driving cars with some guys here at work and the weird ethical problems that arise, ie driving you off of a cliff vs into a pack of schoolgirls.

And I got to thinking, each car will have to know what's in it, either with sensors or with you typing in what and who is on board.

And then I got to thinking, it will be a thing in the future to hack into that system and convince other cars you're a bus full of nuns.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Alighieri posted:

My best guess is at a minimum it might need something setup for weight sensing and position in the car, as for who the occupants are, I have no idea why that would be needed.

I meant a general quantity field type of thing - unless we don't give the cars that information, so it at all times tries to save itself, even if it means plowing into other cars full of an unknown quantity of life forms.

The Midniter posted:

How does this happen, really? I mean I know the importance of hydration and work out a lot so I'm swigging water all day, but I recognize that not everyone's like that. Still though, people have to eat and drink, so how does one let oneself get so dehydrated (outside of a desert environment or somewhere you'd expect that to happen) to the point of passing out?

No idea. He works out for three hours each morning and drinks a metric gently caress ton of water each day, but he changed his routine a week ago and I'm thinking that may have something to do with it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I know I'm late to the party but I just finished watching Firefly last night (haven't watched Serenity yet though). And now, over ten years later, I'm mad as hell that it got cancelled.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
What happened to that dude with the sweet-rear end Mercedes?

...Is he still available?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Viggen posted:

It was some stupid NeuGBS thing which was all the rage during GBS 1.0. New user registration, and someone makes a fawning post about the person, and the rest of the retards and rejects follow suit.

Eventually, he makes an appearance- but being NeuGBS, it was something like 20+ pages in.

The rest of the forums went on, unabated.

Someone actually paid for him to post? That is sad. Like.. beyond Ion ownership sad.

It was kinda funny with airdisc, since he was the first, but if there were times after that... yeah, not funny anymore.

Showing my regdate here, sorry.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

Today, I'm chatting with some dude on Tinder. He's being chatty as gently caress but only asking me banal getting-to-know-you questions like what do you do, how tall are you, do you have any kids, etc. He asked what my best physical feature was, and I told him that it was my leg. "Just the one?" Yeah, just the one, because I told him that I lost the other one in a terrible accident. I have never been unmatched that fast before.

Am I terrible for hoping you never meet somebody so we can continue to read trolling exploits such as this?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Tommychu posted:

I've been waiting all year for AISS. Didn't meet the postcount requirement for last year's. I have an awesome thing to give away.

What were the postcount requirements? Do I need to start spamming pictures of my Volvo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

I'm on that track, because the only thing I'm better at than trolling Tinder is ruining relationships. :v:

Sometimes I think about all of the time I spend on Tinder, and get sad because I could have spent that time working on a hobby and I'd probably be really good at it by now.

Trolling Tinder is a hobby though!

Not being in a relationship provides more time for working on cars, and you don't have to clear a new purchase with anybody but yourself! :v:

• Locked thread