Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Doozy Bots cameo.

Just a kid in a wheelchair using a Guntank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm...actually kind of okay with this.

I am too, they're pretty funny together, not quite as dopey and adorable as Sei and China, but there's plenty of time for that.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I liked the Wing grunt suits less as they got upgraded, I'm not a huge fan of the Virgo but I adore the poo poo out of the Leo and Aries. I think my second favorite Gunpla Announcerman voice clip after FIELD 2: DESSERT is FIELD 3: SPEEEEEEEEHCE.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

I like it when the toy punched the other toy. That was cool.

I liked it too, it made me want to buy one of the toys.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I liked the Tallgeese Valkyrie, it added the one thing that Tallgeese clearly needed. More verniers.

As for the weird glow, I honestly thought Sei built the Dom with the RG system in it, but then the Build Burning exploded out. Maybe the Build Burning has the RG system in it? It'd certainly work out well with Sekai's fighting style.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Say what you want about that moment... it certainly left an impression on the audience. :allears:

drat, that last one's going to be my new wallpaper.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Jegan Ace posted:

The club president should stick with the Powered GM Cardigan. I like the concept of a jacked up GM, reminds of the thunderbolt interpretation a little bit.

I rue the day when she has to swap to that "Winning Gundam" SD monstrosity.

Hey now, let's not say things we can't take back. The only bad things about SD Gundams are the SD Gundam Force series and Doozy Bots. Although the latter's only bad because they put the kid in a wheelchair in a Guntank.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Level Slide posted:

Think there's another Dom inside the Burning?

Nah, just the SD Build Burning. Then the Standart, then the Assault Kingdom.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Man I hope Fellini and Kirara return, they were tied with Aila and Reiji for funniest couple.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Eh, remember how misleading the original Ops were in places. Remember the giant lineup of 'enemy suits' in the second OP which just ended up being random stuff?

Yeah, I loved the dramatic fight on the volcano stage that never happened. And SD Command Gundam and Perfect Gundam being in the background of the shots of the Chairman and Baker looking sinister when they were Aila and Sei's Dad's stuff.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Srice posted:

One of them has to be this or else there is no justice

Gotta be Sazaki.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Sazaki logic: If it doesn't move it doesn't need to be made of plastic.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Other side also has everyone's Gunpla in a kick line.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I counted the Build Burning not being damaged as a programming glitch, basically a way to get around the damage is to Nesting Doll the gently caress out of a Gunpla. It only counted the hit as part of the Dom because it didn't recognize the inner Build Burning as "in play" yet. Now if Yuuma shot twice into the explosion...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Alternately China's gunpla appears to be mass produced so maybe she's swimming in Gunpla Money and Sei just mooches off her.

At least until his parents retire and he gets to run the Gunpla shop.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

KoB posted:

If BF's world is anything like ours, Bandai would pump out HGs of the Build Strike, so Sei should be rich too.

Yeah, I remember them doing that a lot for tournament Magic the Gathering guys. Granted all they need to do in there is just ignore the RG system and suddenly the metagame isn't broken as poo poo.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

chumbler posted:

His girlfriend loves gunpla but is in the hospital for an eye operation to restore her sight. Destiny guy doesn't know anything about gunpla but is using the Destiny she put together while blind and in the hospital (hence it being poorly put together). The tears of blood are symbolic of her injury and the feelings and emotions carried in that gunpla more than compensate for its quality and his lack of experience.

drat, now I want to root for this guy whose story I have completely made up.

Edit: Also it was a tragic gunpla related accident that was his fault and he feels super guilty about it.

Isn't that Joey from Yu Gi Oh if you swap girlfriend for sister?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

If I wasn't poo poo at building, I would totally build a Utena Gundam.

As someone said, Gundam Rose mixed with Nobell Gundam. Problem with that being that Rose only has the no Grade kit from when G aired and while Nobell's HGFC does occasionally have rereleases, they sell out pretty quick because everyone and their cousin wants it to make a Sailor Scouts set.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MJP posted:

This guy seems to be in every ADTRW thread I follow. Apologies if I brought the pox somehow ;_;

Nah, he was just posting spoilers to the next episode where Yuuma distracts the other team by hacking their comms and displaying goatse in all their cockpits.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I just noticed that the main Ez8 in the Dragonar squad also has a little bit of Layzner in it with the electric knuckles.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

At least if they feature the Shamblo it'd be closer to the novel portrayal.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Srice posted:

Yeah me neither, it makes Sekai and Yuu stronger individually.

Which is really weird because this episode has a scene where Sakai straight up says that their problem is that they're individually skilled but don't have good teamwork. Strange to bring attention to that and not do anything.

I think they're using a super loose definition of teamwork, she works with both of them, and by extension they work together.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I found it funny until I realized Sekai's hand is wrist deep in her rear end.

Edit: Oh good, it wasn't just me.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

Ah, so Strike Gundam Red Cliff?

...I could see it.

Needs to have some Banshee stuff kitbashed on it to be properly edgy.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Caros posted:

Also is it just me or were there a lot of Gurren Lagann references in this episode? A guy named Shimon, the drill piercing the heavens pose, Along with who the hell do you think I am and believe in me lines.

Probably just overthinking it, but I really noticed it on the rewatch.

I noticed it too. It made me giggle.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

I really liked the interactions this episode. Sekai and Gyanko's "date" was funny, and I liked that Fumina was pretty nonplussed over Sekai cheering her up, then checked up on him just to see if things were all right. Haha, Sakai wins the modeling championship in his dream with a TRY Zeta. :smug:

Fight was a foregone conclusion, sadly, but can't say I expected Kung-fu G-Fighter. Also hah, Sleggar using a G-Fighter, of course. And if I'm not mistaken, the Mega-Shiki's beam sabers are actually the Crossbone's Beam Zanbers, that's an interesting touch.

They looked a bit more like the beam katanas the Masurao had. Overall it was an alright episode, the fight was good, although Mega Shiki dude (name escapes me at the moment) is looking a whole lot like the Jpop idol from Gunpla Battlers with the custom Hi Nu. Hopefully he gets stomped by Yuuma next episode.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

Sei was entertaining to watch because he got to be a giant loving nerd who'd start nerding the gently caress out at the drop of a hat. Remember when he showed the Build Mark II to Reiji?

We have another giant loving nerd here, but she's not allowed to show that off. When Sekai said "oh man what's that dragon thing," I actually cursed when the builder answered and not the turbonerd. Why the hell did they make her a giant Gundam nerd if she's never going to talk about it?

She's more of a turbonerd for battling than the show itself. That's the other thing, we haven't really had an "Oh you..." moment when someone loses it over a Gunpla like Sei with the Build Mk II or Fellini getting plastered and ranting about how great the special episode of 08th MS Team was. It's just been "These two love Gunpla, hell if we know how they feel about the show."

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Srice posted:

Nobody ever thought that a rock could make it this far in the tournament, but by god, they've showed us.

The rock should be in the Meijin cup so it can face Sakai.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Well Manicured Man posted:

Have we even seen a battle yet where the model damage level was set to anything other than B?

The one with Sekai vs Sakai that ended in Sekai's SD Gundam being trashed like nothing else.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh my god I need a gif of the baby Beargguy wiggling on the Beargguy F's back. :3:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Was it me, or did the missiles look a bit like miniature versions of Big Zam's toenails?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Jegan Ace posted:

I have a new strategy for my Build Fighters team.

3 Zssas.

Literally cannot be be beat.

Fine, as long as they're pulled by Alto, Michel and Luka from Macross Frontier.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Level Slide posted:

Why yes, I would like to go to Yazan Gable Beach House.

"I'm gonna violate your hunger!"

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I think my favorite is "This will end it! The topcoat!"

Other than that, there's a disturbing lack of flamenco. :colbert:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kanos posted:

He left those off in favor of adding a loving Skull Mouth Satellite Cannon to it, so it's an overall victory.

A Skull Mouth Satellite Cannon that had the single most satisfying noise when it opened/closed.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ActionZero posted:

I think I just had a religious experience. Tell me, do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Meijin, Yuuki Tatsuya?

The Church of Tatsuya Yuuki of Latter Day Meijin.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Also a bit of oddity;

The Mega Shiki is not a customized Hyaku Shiki. It's a customized Delta Gundam, according to the model kit info.

Ok, now I have a bit of faith in the kit, mostly because Hyaku Shiki was like HGUC #06 or something like that. We're talking Qubeley early and the point where the RX-78 wasn't even in the line yet.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

The only lame thing about this is that we're not getting a Losing Gundam after all.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It all makes sense now.

There's the Losing Gundam.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

The Catalyst was the opening song for Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. . Linkin Park also got to pick a model for gunpla around when this happen to release a custom color scheme for it.

Too bad they picked the most laughably dumb color scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hell, earlier this series we had an Ez8 that had 3 different weapon loadout packages.

• Locked thread