Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

So since they already pulled out goddamn G-Savior, bets on the most obscure cameo this time around?

Gaia Gear? Gunboy-Wilbur (or anything from For the Barrel)? ...Ganota popping up in the background?
The only correct answer is Gigantis. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Fumina needs to make Seikai watch G Gundam so he'll do the Shining Finger. Also, he totally needs like, the G Gundam's wings on his back.
The problem with that plan is that I can see Sekai actually trying to punt a skyscraper.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Hilariously, the HG Build Burning is going to be cheaper than HG Build Strike Full Package. I guess those backpacks really inflate the price.
Aside from the upgrades ImpAtom mentioned, there's almost definitely going to be a kit where it comes with a Dom-functioning-as-ejectable-outer armor for the Build Burning. So yeah, there's the pricing there.

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say, I want to meet the pilot of the customized Core Booster. Who the hell even does that?
Someone either committed to a strategy, or just plain insane. Since this is a Gundam series, both options have valid reasonings!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

DigitalRaven posted:

Hold on. That's not the AEU09T. The Enact Commander Type doesn't use the blade rifle. Only one that does is the AEU-09Y812 AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom.

What's wrong with me? Why do I know this poo poo?
Interestingly enough, the Enact's designer actually gave a few remarks of praise on Twitter for including the little details the Try staff put into the Enact's appearance, such as the beam saber location and remembering the Enact has leg missiles.

As for why you know these details.....:shrug:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

I'm still waiting on Patrick Mannequin to actually appear.
Please, I waiting on both Grey Stoke and the Gump to appear.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

So hey, looks like it's possible, kinda!

I have to wonder how many test Doms were sacrificed to achieve this.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

Wing, actually. His waifu IS a spoof of Lady Une...
poo poo, so Mantis Man is going to be dropped out of an airplane and shot mid-fall? Hell of a way to go out.

As for the episode, I will laugh if Kitbash Hell Custom turns out to be later revealed as a Frozen Teardrop design preview.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Decided to take a crack at figuring out the mysterious MS in the opening, and while it's obviously heavily customized

the left arm gives it away as a Nu variant. I guess it makes sense, it was Yuuki's original suit.
I've heard people saying it looks more like the Red Warrior, actually.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Huh, that does look pretty close. Can't say I'd have seen that coming.
Considering the staff like some of the more obscure units (G-Cannon Magna, for instance), it doesn't completely surprise me.

Then again, it probably is heavily customized, like you said. So, maybe it's a kitbash of Red Warrior and a Nu variant.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Ramba Ral is too good for that other show.
brb, praying to the Gunpla gods for a Klim Nick cameo.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I saw it pointed out on 4chan that the design of Gyanko's battle club balcony is a direct reference to Riddhe's own balcony from Gundam Unicorn.

Neat detail.
They also pointed out that Sekai's...er, "shooting abilities" were a nod to Patlabor's own Ohta who has similar quirks (and stance) when firing weapons.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Raxivace posted:

I want to see him do the one Master Asia move. You know the one.

I want Sekai to be literally shooting his face at guys in a tornado of plavasky particles.
We also have the perfect setup for the attack. Sekai becomes the tornado, while Fumina uses Winning's fist form to send Sekai flying into the opponents.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

...Phoenix Gundam? Sisquiede? I can't say I was expecting those choices. :psyduck:

Hahahaa and the Deep Striker. Yeah that's showing up as a blink-and-you'll-miss-it suit or the animators might start rioting.
Yeah, if they actually animate Deep Striker, I'll be genuinely shocked because that thing is just as bulky than the goddamn Orchis. Seriously, look at this thing:

Then again, Woundwort (and its variants) has its own crazy design quirks that'd make animating it...interesting, to say the least.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I liked Katsuhisa Houki as Ral. Yeah, he's got an issue with sounding like he smoked a gorillion cigarettes, but it works for the character. Hopefully, he'll slide into the role and not be too jarring down the line.

That said, I am looking forward to Team Totally Not Dragonar next week and how they perform.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Zwingley posted:

Is there a reason some people are assuming that Yuuki isn't the Meijin anymore, and Lady is/might be? Or is it just speculation?
Part of the assumption is due to the staff saying that season 1 characters will not be involved in the plot for Try, meaning they'd be on-screen cameos with lines (like with China in episode 2 or Yuuki in this week's episode) at best, and passing mentions at the worst. Yuuki still being the Meijin in Try would kind of conflict with that statement.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Upcoming episode titles and who is doing what from /m/.

quote:

Episode 6: "Rules of Battlefield"
Shigeru Ueda / Mitsue Aiji / Katanao Akai(chara) / Munetaka Abe(mecha)

Episode 7: "Simon the Motokumi"
Minami Yasuhiro / Shuuji Iuchi / Michinori Chiba(chara) / Hiroshi Arisawa(mecha)

Episode 8: "On this shield I swear"
Shouji Ikeno / Iwao Teraoka & Susumu Nishizawa / Kayo Ikeda & Hiromitsu Morishita(chara) / Shinya Kusumegi (mecha)

Episode 9: "Battle of Solomon"
Kazuki Tsunoda & Shinya Watada / Ken Ootsuka / Kenichi Ohnuki(chara) / Ken Ootsuka (mecha)
For those wondering what "motokumi" means, apparently it's a Japanese term for snapbuilders. The translation of the term comes out...a little derogatory, unfortunately.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

At the end of it with Lady.

Also we haven't really seen any character whose name is Simon, so chances are its the Destiny dude. Or maybe the Kitbash gundam guy?
It's the Destiny guy on the jungle gym in the previous episode.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

From his sidestory manga:

It might just be the artwork on that page, but Allan is starting to transform into Bullet from SRW a little.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm just interested in how Simon is going to turn the Destiny Gundam, a unit built to be well-rounded in terms of melee and ranged combat, into a unit who's main form of combat is boxing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

mr. stefan posted:

The Destiny has beam cannon hands, dude.
Yeah, that require an open palm to fire.

Then again, this is Build Fighters, so I am all set for a Palma Focina Dempsey Roll.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Huh, is that the Blu Duel's pilot on the right?
Yep. Like with Aisha Waltfeld, they also remembered she exists too.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm curious to see how Sleggar manages to ram himself into a Big Zam in this show. It has to happen at least once.
I have a feeling there will be a one-off episode where this happens. And then get played for laughs.

Speaking of laughs, I will burst out laughing if the Turn-A Trombe's user is voiced by Tetsu Inada.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

John Carstairs posted:

Ahem. Surely, you mean a holographic M'Quve.
Why not a holographic M'Quve dressed as a king?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

I appreciate the derail about Macross 7 and Escaflowne. They've been added to my watch list.

I see that Escaflowne was dubbed twice. Once fairly recently, and once by... Fox Kids? Haha, wow. I'm almost tempted to watch that version. :allears:
Avoid the Fox Kids version.

Like, treat it like it's Gundam AGE and run away and never look back.

Also, what Neddy said.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Today, I watched a robot with a mustache fight a tiny bear robot and lose to the bear because of an uppercut to the cock(pit). Bless your heart, Build Fighters. :allears:

Moral of the day: Do not gently caress with robot bears. Especially robot bears that know kung fu.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

http://www.lantis.jp/special/gbft/sp/index.html

OST 1 samples are now available.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, this is a thing that happened.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Warmachine posted:

This begs the question of how you can crowbar a Garma's Funeral reference into Build Fighters.
Easy. Have either Nils or Caroline do a big speech with a picture of a Gundam's head behind them during the opening ceremony for the nationals. End with a "Sieg Gunpla" gag.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So...who do I have to shank in a dark alley to get a flamenco remix of "The Touch"?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

3 posted:

In an episode full of ridiculous and amazing (:haw:) moments, I don't know why this one stood out the most for me.

The best part? His helmet is more or less the Red Warrior's head (minus the V-fin). Shine on, you crazy Meijin. :allears:

Anyhew, I would to thank our Glorious Lord and Savior Meijin Kawaguchi for finally smacking some sense into Yuuma. Would have preferred the backhand slap method, but what we did get will suffice.

As for next episode, they seem to be doing a "one rep from each team" thing for this battle royale, and Sugita's character looks like he's representing his team. Since mobile armors require 3 people under the new rules, does this mean that finally, Sugita gets his elusive Gundam? Or, like Bright Noa, will he fail to ride the (Gunpla) rainbow?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They'll give him a Gunpla for one of those Mobile Suits that was a Gundam in all but name, like the RE-GZ or Hyaku Shiki (but obviously not those ones, since they've already been used).
Let's go one step further and say he gets a custom Rick Dias.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Gotta say, though, the new mysterious newtype love interest being called Shia conjures up some very strange mental images.
As long as we don't get Actual Cannibal Shia Kirima, I don't think you have to worry too much.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, it totally would. I'm mostly joking!

Although it'd be hilarious if they just made up completely ridiculous fake Gundam shows though. Heroic Ursine Squadron Bearguy and Sengoku Defense Robot ASTRAY.
00's Bizarre Adventure, starring memorable characters such as Dio Epyon and Arios Speedwagon.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ActionZero posted:

It's kind of a shame that none of the Amazing manga characters are going to make their way into the show.
Yeah, I would have liked Tooru or Yana to have shown up. Would have been a nice tie-in to the manga.

Instead, we got Julian and F91 Imagine and a very weak tie-in.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

In today's episode of "Sunrise teases kits that actually do not exist in the real world", we have them teasing a Cannon Illefueto kit.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

Why is there still no Abigorbine kit?
Because the only Abigor mold Sunrise has is what, 20 years old or something?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

As Cao Ni Ma said earlier, the schools participating in the nationals are references to other Sunrise shows.

So were today's opponents:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Lurking Haro posted:

But the evil Jigen Haoh guy is with the Miyagi team. Dilandau instead of some random fill-in would be awesome.
Part of me wants Kei's team to be him, Not Bullet and Not Gintoki.

And yes, Sugita voices all three of them just for added comedy.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Trion 3 made me smile today. :allears:

Also, I'd like to thank the staff for remembering that Gundam Leopard exists, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

oh my god what if they make MG ZZ 2.0 so they can make MG Tryon 3

i would literally die of joy
:flashfap:
Yeeeesssss.

• Locked thread