Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Literally The Worst posted:

I hope Build Burning kung fus a Neo Zeong kit at somepoint. Kung fu the gently caress out of it, robot.

If that's the case Nils will have to show up in the Sengoku Astray with the Power Loader kitted out to look like a larger Astray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Gammatron 64 posted:

Fumina needs to make Seikai watch G Gundam so he'll do the Shining Finger. Also, he totally needs like, the G Gundam's wings on his back.

That's what the god booster kit is going to be for. So all your gunpla can burn with intensity and victory.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Now I want to see someone turn up using the Sword Skygrasper :allears:.

If they did it would be something crazy like Skygrasper Full package with Aile's backpack, Sword strikes grappling hook and sword and Launchers cannon all stacked together and armored with phase shift.

I'm going to wait till four episodes in before I place my judgment on the characters. I am however stoked at the smörgåsbord of gunpla kit references. Can't wait to see what other crazy kits they come up with. I hope we get one that combines like voltron.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm convinced Building Burning Gundam is actually made entirely out of Plavsky Particles.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I think once Build Burning gets damaged to the point where it can't move Sekai will get lectured either by his sister or the return of his master about how the Gunpla should be an extension of his body and that he won't be able to unlock the potential of Build Burning until he understands that. Then cue training montage with them on a cliff and waves crashing below.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Astro Nut posted:

I'd wondered about those suits. I mean, I could see some vague resemblances, but they seemed kinda... conspicuous. Though if we're up to Brave series, I want that drat GaoGaiGar cameo.

This will happen to counter Build Winning/Lightning/Burning Knuckle forcing each of them to bring out the hammers.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
At this point both Yuuma and Sekai still aren't doing Gunpla battling for the same reason as Fumina. She does it because its fun and challenging. Sekai does it because it's a surrogate place where he can practice his martial arts and fight stronger people and Yuuma is doing it because of a obligation of a promise and to recover something he's lost (which I'm hoping was his love of gunpla battling). Sekai is S2 Reiji in that they were both originally in it for the fight and Yuuma is S2 Sei in that he's overtly cautious because he doesn't want to get his gunpla damaged.

I'm hoping we'll get an episode where Winning Gundam gets shot down first forcing Yuuma and Sekai to realize that they've been so focused on their own personal reasons and that they've been relying on Funima to cover their asses. Thus forcing Sekai to start to think about more things besides overpowering the enemy and Yuuma to not be too worried about getting his gunpla damaged.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

MJP posted:

Was it just me, or did the damaged exterior parts of Mama Beargguy simply become chipped/scorched paint that Mirai put on, returning it to the stock color?

She should have primed before painting :colbert:

Considering it tanked a full charge shot from Turn A's beam rifle without exploding that's not bad.

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 10, 2014

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It all makes sense now.

I saw that in Nakano last year when I was on vacation in Japan. I did a double take on the box and thought it was a custom build the store did. Nope legit LP Gundam. The paint job on it is bland and all shades of gunmetal grey. Doesn't even come with a beam guitar rifle or anything cool like that.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It was inevitable.

Gunpla is the right of all sentient beings.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Ka0 posted:

I hope Nils and/or Caroline drop by at some point to say hello.

Maybe they're the new Chairmans of Gunpla.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

TARDISman posted:

I just like GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!

This has my vote. Simple and newcomers won't truly understand it until they get to this weeks episode.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Gearhead posted:

Laughing my fool head off with the reveal that the Real Mode ALSO uses multiple GN Drives.

This. I knew about Real Mode but I wasn't expecting it to be powered up by additional GN drives from the bits. I'm really looking forward to Star Winning vs. Gundam Portant. I wonder if they both can go Trans-Am. :allears:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
We will always remember the day when Gundam Valhalla was revealed to us in all its glory.

Really I want to see more characters from other Gundam series pop up.

Edit: Quote is not Reply.

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 12, 2015

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

BlitzBlast posted:

The kit itself is pretty much your average SDBB, which is to say that instead of this:

you're getting this:

There'll probably be a sticker sheet for most of the details, but in the end it's still very much a kit you need to spend a ton of time touching up.

Welp, guess this will be the first kit I actually will attempt to paint. :ohdear:

I'm kind of hoping that when Not-Domon Master shows up that the big reveal is that Jigen Haoh Ryu was actually a Gunpla Martial Arts this whole time and that both Junya and Sekai overlooked all the Gundam references thrown at him during training because they didn't know what Gundam/Gunpla was.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I really hope that they're not setting up Lucas to be any one of the Try Fighter rivals. He's a bit late to the game and I hope his next match against Gunpla Academy is a red herring and he gets chumped for being too serious about Gunpla. Crossbone Full Cloth is pretty rad though.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

ImpAtom posted:

The only thing he might do is take down Fumina or Sekai. He ain't winnin' the match.

I really hope that he does down the Try Burning. Having the spare parts for it hopefully means that we will get more damage to it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

muike posted:

I'm glad the Crossbone finally got a good animated showing but I'm bummed because I don't like the focus on particle supply even though it was cool when Sei figured out how to manipulate them in the first season.

I guess invoking Plavsky Particles is good when it's say "my model kit can do the stuff from the anime/manga because i'm really good at manipulating plavsky particles" but it's bad when it's being invoked like gasoline

The particle talk in the episode bothers me as well. It's never been brought up before except for engaging super modes and plenty of other players have done crazy moves without running out of magic fairy dust. By the rule The End and Transient should both have been running low on power as well given how much bream spam the did.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I wish they would of had at least one of the Gunpla Academy units get taken out of the match. G-Portent only half counts. The End should have gone the way of Burnings GM Custom. It feels off that the Champion of the European circuit can only flesh wounds the three unit and then falls apart at the end. Compared to the free for all from the first season where you see units being downed left and right. GN drives really do seem like cheat engines in Build Fighters. By that same token the nuclear engine Gundams from Seed should be powerhouses given their in-show power scale. Are the turbines that power Star Winning also GN Drives?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kanos posted:

GN Drives are no more or less powerful than any other given energy source in Build Fighters. We've seen plenty of GN Drive suits get tossed in the dumpster: Movie Tieria, the Alvatore(8 GN Drives!), Dark Matter, the Salty Kyrios in S2. I read lots of people complaining about GN Drive Hax but the very simple reason that the Gunpla Academy is unstoppable is that Gunpla Academy are the Designated Rivals and they won't show them losing or being seriously crippled by any given opponent prior to their fight with the Designated Protagonist Team for fear that it would take the wind out of the sails of the inevitable Team Try Fighter victory.

Fair enough. I suppose Plot Armor is the strongest of defenses. If Crossbone really is a battery drainer in the books and that translates to its function in game then it makes more sense why it needed to keep recharging after firing its beam crossbow and using its Zamaba a few times.

Though that also means that whom ever was tasked with programming the Plavsky Particle engine sat there and punched in stat coding for every base model kit and weapon type Bandai's ever made. That's a long time in front of a computer. :stare:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Level Slide posted:

Maybe GBF original was a fluke.

GBF felt like the writers got a lot of freedom in what they could write about and how. GBFT feels like there are too many hands in the kitchen and too many execs throwing in what they think is best.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

muike posted:

Replace him with Sosuke entirely because I love Sosuke

Not lying, I would pay good money to see Sousuke try to figure out Gunpla and then suddenly Lambda driver things because the Plasky system would let him. Also to watch him treat each gunpla battle with 100% military seriousness.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm surprised no ones mentioned the fact that the entire ceremony hall was fitted with plavsky particle dispersal units. I want to see a world tournament done on one that size. Really fun episode and the season as a whole wasn't bad. I think it suffered from trying to be too many genres at once and cause of that everything is spread thin.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Rewatching the last episode I noticed that there's a unit that looks like the Zephyranthes with a scaled down Albion backpack? Is that an actual kit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

ImpAtom posted:

The Domon thing was boring because it was basically nothing.

Nobody didn't get the reference that the master was Domon. The silhouette meant it was either Domon or a very thinly veiled Domon homage. Yet they save it for the very end of the show like it's a ~big surprise.~ If it had been veiled and the reveal at the very end had been that it was Domon that would have been legit surprising. Instead it's just "Oh. Yeah, that's Domon."

I was really hoping that the big reveal with Jigen Hoah was that its actually suppose to be a Gunpla martial arts all along and that was the ultimate technique was learning that and shining finger.

Try was okay overall. Need more characters with love for gunpla rather then a love for the thrilling hunt for the glory of war battles. Too many min/max try hards that don't understand that Gunpla is fun and need some Meijin intervention.

• Locked thread