Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Looking forward to that Prison Break reunion in episode 10. All we need now is Abruzzi and we'd be golden. drat if I'm not hyped up for this show, but a question: Are they going to follow the Arrow procedure where they release the live episodes the next day on cw.tv?

Ransom posted:

#RunBarryRun

I think this kid is going to be great. Plus there seems to be a lot of room for humor in this series. And Grodd better be in this show in some form or fashion dammit.

Grodd's pretty much been confirmed from the pilot, as well as Prof. Zoom, which is cool if they're going to go with the Flashpoint storyline if the rumors are true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gonna miss the live premiere, but I have the DVR setup and am gonna watch the hell out this when I get back home from the gym.

So hyped :flashfap:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I feel kinda bad I only know Flash from Justice League and being Hal's best bud. The only villians I know are Captain Cold, Mirror Master and Professer Zoom. Who is White Boy Storm?

Ay that be Weather Wizard, another famous Flash rogue. :flashfact:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Part of the charm of Flash's villains is that they're all actually pretty cool despite having some of the worst loving names of any villains ever.

Heat Wave would beg to differ :colbert:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Saw the pilot, was fun as all hell. Stinger at the end nailed it too :flashfap: Does anyone know what the "Red (Crimson?) Skies Vanish" headline on the :science:future newspaper:science: might be referring to? All in all I think this is going to be a fun show, and I can't wait to see where they're going to go with the whole "Wells can walk and has knowledge of future events" thing (most likely gonna take it into Flashpoint territory).

E: Does the explanation that Barry gave when figuring out that the getaway car was a Shelby GT500 count as :flashfact:Flash Facts:flashfact:?

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 8, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Deadpool posted:

A lot of that was reference to Crisis on Infinite Earths, if you want to know more you can Google that. But that's one of the things that shouldn't really be touched on too much in this thread.

Yeah I was just curious. By now it's kind of obvious that either Crisis or Flashpoint are going to be a Thing in the series, but I would rather wait to see how Johns and company handle it for the TV universe.

Also that IGN article posted earlier had someone in the comments make the vague(?) reference that Harrison Wells was a reference to H.G. Wells, author of The Time Machine.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Daric posted:

This is such a great show. Already blowing Gotham out of the water. And I'm thinking Multiplex isn't dead since he's rumored to be in the Suicide Squad movie.

Multiplex being dead in the DC TV universe has no effect on his appearance in the SS movie, because they're completely separate.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

The thread can get pretty weird about Laurel, and S2 had an extended arc where she had substance abuse problems.

Excuse me, but Drunk Laurel was the best Laurel. :colbert:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

greatn posted:

Yeah I guess her diss wasn't accepted? Otherwise she'd be Dr. West.

She lost her only copy of her dissertation. :v:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Crossposting from the Arrow thread because it's regarding the big crossover and therefore relevant:

Scyantific posted:

http://screenrant.com/flash-arrow-tv-show-crossover-fight/

Here's some insight into the big crossover from the actors themselves. Really interesting how they're doing the fighting between Barry and Oliver and how they're having to adapt to each show's filming style.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

More ruthless too?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kin posted:

edit: Also, who's writing this show and why aren't they writing ALL the super hero shows? Not only addressing that they need a prison but that they also killed the last 2 metas (which is unsustainable) reeks of a level of self aware logic that I've rarely seen applied to TV shows in general, never mind super hero ones.

Geoff Johns is a big part of the production team, for both Flash and Arrow. Considering he's done work on the comics, there can't be anyone else more fitting to help work the shows.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

CobiWann posted:

Wait...they cast Heat Wave already?!?

Yes. The running joke is that we need Abruzzi and Arrow's Clock King for a Prison Break reunion.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

jscolon2.0 posted:

I think Clock King has been confirmed.

Yeah he has. I think for the crossover right? Or is the crossover going to Captain Boomerang?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, the assassin who Oliver killed was supposed to be a DC character?

The guy who broke into the Queen household? Yes.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Slightly related: The same guy who was cast as Kyle Nimbus (aka The Mist) for The Flash is also playing Victor Zsasz in Gotham.

Pretty cool considering the guy did a decent run as a criminal hellbent on revenge, and he definitely has the look of "psychotic murderer" nailed down.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 25, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Storm Shaman

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They've recast (or cast?) Linda Park for The Flash

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Rogues DLC for Payday 2!

Oh good lord YES.

Man this episode owned so hard.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

gently caress the DC Cinematic Universe. We don't need the loving Justice League. Ollie, Barry, Ray and Ronnie can start the loving Justice Society and it's a fair bet it'll be better than what hits theaters. Or if we get three more heroes we can have the Seven Soldiers.

Cisco makes 5, just watch.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Veteran's Day Flash Episode involves Plastique and The General (Included: first look at Plastique)

Guessing that she's running from General because he became aware of her powers and will probably join Barry and co.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

We all know that at some point Barry is going to travel in time. Hopefully they stay away from the Flashpoint plot when he does.

Actually this is apparently the direction the producers want to go with the time travel stuff, according to interviews.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Played more Lego Batman 3 today. If he's an option I find myself using the Flash more than anyone else. I really hope we get some DLC with Grant Gustin down the line. I haven't don the season pass yet but I know there's a Man of Steel pack but no Henry Cavill voicework.

Ooooh please tell me you got access to the Arrow DLC pack and please tell us that Barrowman legit does the VA for the Dark Archer. If this is true then I will hands down buy that game right loving now. :allears:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Taylor-Johnson was pretty dull and wooden in Godzilla, but that's probably due to the ham fisted story about the military guy trying to get home to get laid in the wake of a giant monster attack. :v:

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 18, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DC TV hitting ALL the right notes. Grodd, Boxing Glove Arrow, and now Zoom? :allears:

Give us the Rogues. We're ready :getin:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

WarLocke posted:

Say what? :siren:

Yah man, the whole Arrow thread collectively lost their poo poo during last week's episode when it happened.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Posted this in the Arrow thread, but still relevant to Flash: Paul Anthony has been cast as Rainbow Raider/Chroma for the big crossover

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

He had goggles that could do lots of visual based stuff, but particularly, he could control people's emotions.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://dctvuniverse.com/2014/11/editorials-villains-ten-rogues-i-want-the-flash-to-announce/

Thawne as Cobalt Blue?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Deep Winter posted:

Is that... a boomerang? :eyepop:

You don't watch Arrow, do you?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

X-post from the Arrow thread

Scyantific posted:

:siren:SPOILERS IN LINK:siren:

There was an advance screening of the crossover, and here's a list of some of the biggest things that are going to happen/be the focus of the event.

I think the biggest non-story related one we can take away is how they're legitimately planning to keep the characters bouncing between shows, and how they're very open to the idea of more crossovers later down the line.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

It was just a prick.

Yay ctv showed the trailer. It was my understanding that the crossover would start on arrow not flash?

Arrow is taking the week off this week to give Flash time to catch up. Since it airs on Tuesday to Arrow's Wednesday it'll start on Flash next week.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:flashfap:

Someone needs to make a :fap: smiley Arrow-style.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Comicbook has another theory about Wells

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Greg Berlanti says Super Girl could be in the Arrowverse

Only slightly surprising since CBS is co-owner of the CW alongside WB. The complete trio a possibility?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Should I catch up on Arrow before watching this? I've only watched the first episode of this season.

You'll be fine. If anything just watch the episode from two weeks ago. It leads into the crossover

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Not enough :flashfap:s in the world to describe how hyped I am right now!

E: Cold called him The Scarlet Speedster! :flashfap:

E: YouTube version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TU_1uyGAvU

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 2, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

jscolon2.0 posted:

I want a Star Labs shirt. Anybody have high fidelity screen grabs?

I picked up a STAR Labs tee from Hot Topic about 3 weeks ago. Pretty good quality, too.

I really want a STAR Labs hoodie or sweatshirt though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just when you think it can't get any better...

Man they are doing everything absolutely right, it's magical :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wow not even a minute into the hour and he's already pining again.

• Locked thread