Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Boxing glove arrow.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phylodox posted:

Man, between Ollie and Schmidt ain't no one know how to do laundry this week!

I caught that too, weird theme.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm already pretty attached to Ollie, but could take or leave anybody else except Diggle. If they want to spend a season building up secondary characters so there is a bit more emotional attachment that will probably be a good thing long-term.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm not surprised that footage didn't leak - that stuff is locked up tight and monitored VERY securely during the screening.

But a bunch of impassioned Arrow and Flash fans, and not a single one gabs to a friend on the tumblrverse? Even with them signing NDAs, that is impressive.
Certainly lends more credit to the theory that the Flash pilot was leaked on purpose

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

Someone else is coming back.
http://imgur.com/a/isgTC#btt54sE

Red Skull!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They'd literally have to pan past an old wooden sign hanging off an old stone wall that says LAZARUS PIT THIS WAY -----> while Ra's winks at the camera to quell the nerd rage

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aphrodite posted:

That's actually from the Injustice comic, so it's an alternate universe.

Injustice is my new canon

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://www.blastr.com/2014-12-10/arrow-producer-face-ras-al-ghul-and-little-nod-batman

Oh my, a bit twist end. They really are going to kill Ollie:colbert:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Daaamn I'm glad they actually went through with it and killed him, even if it is temporary. Do Lazarus pit people come back with abilities?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FELD1 posted:

I'm assuming that Merlyn was drugging Thea subtly during her training; breaking down her psyche and making her more susceptible to questionable commands (like killing Sara).

Something I'm surprised no one has really commented on is the scene with Laurel and her mother where they basically swear to avenge Sara's death. That's certainly going to put her at odds with Thea... and probably team Arrow as well.

I liked that scene because tv parents always give the lame advice. "Let it go. " "nothing can bring her back"

But this mom's just like: "You're god drat right there is going to be vengence."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I thought ATOM's speech was really dumb this episode when he was talking about his suit. "Y'know what the greatest advancement in technology is? Making things smaller. Nobody has realized this yet so I am going to go ahead and... get this... make technology smaller."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

yronic heroism posted:

Before we learned about the drug I thought Thea was just being ice cold with the whole "Sara's alive, not dead, right?" to Laurel.

Tough to say the exact way they'll take Ollie's survival or resurrection, but I wouldn't rule out a big time skip some point down the line. Gives Laurel, Roy, and Thea time to get trained up and also ages up the love child with that girl in Central City. If they introduce that kid as a nine-year-old that Ollie needs to start parenting this show's in trouble.

It would be sorta neat if they do a big gap for the last few episodes of Arrow's season, then Barry flips out for some reason in the season finale of Flash and travels [gap length of time] into the future, fixing the offset between shows.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Has anybody theorized that the foot from the January promo may be.... Tommy? DUN DUN DUNNNNN

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Alright I've refined my terrible fan theory:

- Tommy dies, Merlyn is distraught, brings his corpse to the Lazarus pit.
- Tommy comes back to life, but he's crazy.
- Merlyn leaves him on the mountain until he gets his poo poo straightened out. Maybe he trains here or something.
- One day Tommy hears a thud outside his cave, investigates.
- Maseo Yamashiro watches from a distance as a single tear rolls down his cheek.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It would be a funny if they did a light episode about how Felicity just falls for people who use the salmon ladder regardless of gender, and it leads them to discovering the ladder's been cursed by the League or something. Just to create someone in Ollie's life to kidnap when necessary.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whizbang posted:

It's young League of Assassins trainee Bruce Wayne.

I think you mean Dark Orphan*

*NOT IN ANY WAY AFFILIATED WITH DC PROPERTIES BATMAN OR THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WarLocke posted:

Barrowman set Ollie up against Ras because he knew Ollie would get the gently caress murdered out of him. The plan is to get Ollie's body and drop him into a Lazarus Pit, so when Ollie comes back all hosed in the head Malcolm can turn him/brainwash him/convince Ollie to work with/for him.

Macolm had Thea kill Sarah in order to get Ollie as a pawn. :unsmigghh:

yeah that theory is seeming more and more likely

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

If a the book is set thousands of years into the future, but features "ancient" magic, wouldn't that mean the magic is from our present time?

They wield the power of the ipad with a solar charging case

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dordreff posted:

Mirakuru being pit juice will only be acceptable if they end the season with a PSA about not mainlining glowing green water.

growing green water.:eng99:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If the show had taken three minutes to show Thea picking out that Christmas tree with ostensibly no connection to the overall plot, would you not suspect the tree to be cursed or Swamp Thing or something

Aw man now I want a Lazarus Swamp

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some spoiler free stills from that promo:

Cool Roy running shots, actually seems to be doing something.

Whoa! Going back in time?????? Or a lazy editor? DISCUSS

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rocksicles posted:

If its from the New Zealand teaser, it's meant to look like that.

Good catch, those freaky kiwis and their signs.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MrFlibble posted:

I like Roy as a character - theres a lot of potential for him there and maybe i'm just a sucker for sidekicks in general (Off hand the only super hero movie that had a sidekick in recently was captain america 1).

But I also think its great that Roy's main trait at the moment is useless flipping.

My favourite was when someone threatened Thea so Roy did this useless time consuming flip only to get knocked out immediately after landing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lol Thea doesnt even look down as he falls, too busy being embarrassed for both of them

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Haha what a jerk move turning the lights off on them

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BrianWilly posted:

I think it's way too early to say if anyone has disallowed anything yet. If Tatsu and Mr. Tatsu were always meant to be the ones who brought Oliver back -- which would seem to be the case since they've been set up in the flashbacks since the beginning of the season -- then the show was never gonna use a Lazarus Pit at this point of the storylines.

That was a great fakeout having Barrowman there as well though. I really thought it was Malcom's leg in those promo shots. Instead he just did a little once-over of the mountaintop.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 22, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Maybe Ollie wasn't dipped in a Lazarus but Maseo or Katana had like a few drops of it in a vial, and combined it with Ollie's special island ganja

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sbaldrick posted:

I figured it was blanks

It cant be blanks because Diggle shot him point blank in the head and there was a graze mark where the bullet deflected. Unless Diggle Crow'd him.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dead Snoopy posted:

I thought the bullet was w/out gunpowder or rigged like a baby paint squib.

Is his character represented in the comics? Seems strange we haven't had his abilities and backstory explained in detail yet. I think at this point it could either be wordplay and he beat a guy to death with the gun, or he is bulletproof.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Timett posted:

Making it a crime procedural pisses me off but I shouldn't be surprised. There are good shows that do "procedural but with a larger serial story" that I've really liked though so I won't discount it immediately even though I really want to since it's on CBS.

You should watch Person of Interest, I now have a completely different opinion of CBS because of that show. They can do good stuff with the right teams.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr Beens posted:

One thing that annoys me about this show is the amount of bullets that get chucked about and no one hits anything - it's like watching an episode of the A Team sometimes.

All you need to do is watch a few Youtube videos of an old man absolutely NAILING every single shot he takes at tiny little metal targets like 300 feet away with tiny little glocks to realize a gun in the proper hands is some terrifying poo poo. Even tiny little handguns with hardly any barrel are almost pinpoint accurate.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BrianWilly posted:

That reminds me...what exactly is Laurel planning to do with the two guys she just assaulted? She can't just have them arrested; isn't the whole point that there's no evidence against them now?

Maybe they'll take a page from The Flash and she'll create The Birdcage to hold them all

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oroborus posted:

I like the action in the episode but a few things stuck out:

I said it before but Dig needs a damned mask, he is the only one of the group with a baby (that knows about it) and a wife. The masks are supposed to protect those they care about from repercussions and he is the one who has the most to lose, they even showed him on a video camera in the episode.

The outfit Laurel was wearing wasn't Sara's so where did she get a full body leather suit? A sex shop?

This episode they show you just how far Oliver fell and it had to be at least 100 ft. There is no way he could survive that I don't care how many times he does the salmon ladder. I was ok with him surviving when it was the Lazarus pit but if this is some kind of miracle massage technique it's going to ruin the entire "death".

He flexed his lats at juuuuuust the right moment.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WarLocke posted:

I mean if you want grim and gritty realism there's a Banshee thread?

realism? in banshee? that main guy should have to re-learn how to walk 3-4 times per episode. loving great show though

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hazo posted:

Sure but the storage itself isn't the goofy part-- they would have been processed and recorded before getting tossed into storage, and even then the judge wouldn't just shrug and let the guys go when the dude they were working for busts in and steals them.

Yeah in the legal world if you destroy or tamper with evidence isn't that basically used to confirm your guilt?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Timett posted:

I found this on the Reddit but it's probably the coolest thing you'll see all day. Real life Arrow poo poo.

Lars Andersen: a new level of archery: http://youtu.be/BEG-ly9tQGk

jfc using an arrow to slice an arrow in half that is being shot at him???? That is cartoonish but I just watched it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also he threw a pop can tab and shot it out of the air, I wonder how many takes that took. I think the best part is his form looks nothing like what I've been accustomed to seeing as "proper" archery so you're thinking he is a scrub tier youtube guy showing off his lovely amazon.com katana skills in his backyard. Then he starts nailing headshots while riding on the back of a motorcycle and shooting 3 arrows within a 1 second little jump. That guy is a beast, he should consult for Arrow.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, Ollie can already shoot superhumanly fast thanks to camera tricks. No need to look like an idiot doing it.

We've just been trained to think he looks like an idiot though, his results clearly speak for themselves. He isn't shooting traditionally, he is shooting like a soldier would, which is how Arrow should fire imo. Not like a locked-in-place olympian. Traditional archery technique is for standing still while shooting at an awkward angle, but this guy is shooting the way the Lord of the Rings guys would have done it in all likeliness. I'd really like to see a mixup of this guy and Ollie's current style, I am just super impressed with that video.

I mean this guy was my previous go-to gif for cool archery:

But only one arrow shot? Pfft get the gently caress out of here I got a new hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aphrodite posted:

Flipping switches should be Roy's job.

oh gently caress you hahahahahahahahahah

• Locked thread