Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Great OP!

Abs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This loving show :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's been 5 months. The Arrowverse sticks as close as it can to real time. See also Barry waking up 9 months after his appearance on Arrow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Visual proof that Katie Cassady is awesome and will rock as Black Canary

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

4 The Cause posted:

A straight cis gendered male being attracted to a straight legal aged cis gendered female is creepy now? Do you think all the gay fans who love CW shows and actors like Ian Somerholder, and Tom welling are creepy as well?

Hi, I'm a gay transgendered girl. You're loving creepy, go away.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who says we can't all be united? :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VDay posted:

Speaking of which I can't believe that that was the third episode. I realized while writing this that they have the Flash cross-over episodes this season, which are supposed to introduce the bad guy in Arrow's episode 7. That might mean that we have some of these storylines kind of accelerated a bit in order to get them resolved by episode 6 or 7, and it wouldn't surprise me if that acted as a sort of mid-season finale so that the very end of episode 7 introduces the bad guy and episodes 8 for both shows can be their own kind of mini-event. At least, I don't really see them working Barry and The Flash's storylines smoothly into this current League of Assasins/Ra's/Merlyn/Thea/Laurel situation.

But who knows, it's Arrow, so maybe they'll just blast through 4 more complete story arcs for everyone before this season is over.

I think they've said the idea of the crossover is to have it integrated into each show's season arc, rather than to just be a standalone event.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aphrodite posted:

Apparently in the script Sara's line in the premiere, "Laurel Lance, always trying to save the world" was actually "Dinah Laurel Lance..." but I guess they changed it for airing.

She was definitely called that in the pilot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phenotype posted:

I'm not sure how skinny waif Laurel, who's been in school or an office job all her life, would think she'd be able to survive in a lifestyle that Sara failed at.

Man, that Ollie's just a gormless prettyboy oaf who's never had to fight for anything in his whole life. He's never going to survive on this island!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drifter posted:

Jesus Christ why is milfTits mcSmoak wearing lingerie/cocktail dress at her daughter's work?

Now we know why Felicity thought that dress was right for trivia night!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WHAT THE gently caress :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OMG BOXING GLOVE ARROW AAAAAAA :neckbeard:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

imperialparadox posted:

The thing that cracks me up about this season's flashbacks is that apparently Waller needed a covert ops agent in Hong Kong, so she chooses white-bread Ollie for the job? Totally inconspicuous, guys.

No the best part is the fact she already has someone who can do everything Ollie's doing and she's just using him to monitor Ollie.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

Haha someone on reddit confirmed a boxing glove arrow would knock a dude out.

The only way to truly confirm is practical application.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cupid was great and all but this was a sad episode because the salmon ladder is cheating on Ollie :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dat spoiler :derp:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

imperialparadox posted:

They should have a several-episode mini-arc that is just all the poo poo that Roy is up to while he's off-screen. Could actually be funny if he's been doing "big deal" stuff in the background.

Roy is the Zeppo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HardKase posted:

Did I miss an episode? when did he realise merlyn was alive? When did this poo poo with ras happen?

Ep 3.4, The Magician

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STAC Goat posted:

A major time jump wouldn't make sense to me thematically since we'd be skipping past the important mourning period and especially how Team Arrow handles Thea. And it would skip past the immediate "What now?" for Team Arrow.

Arrow has always had its own time sync up with real world time so 5 week break for us = 5 weeks pass for the characters. I expect we'll jump in on them searching for Ollie who they think is just missing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

But how will Emily Bett Rickards be in 3 shows at once?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Someone LP this for in the thread during the summer hiatus :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is going to be so awesome :aaaaa:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

enraged_camel posted:

lying whore.

:stare:

:catstare:

:stonk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Whizbang posted:

I'm not going to wade through 12 hours or whatever of poo poo television at the beginning for it to maybe get better. It's the same sunk cost fallacy people who try to defend the awful Final Fantasy 13 use. If your beginning is poo poo, you're poo poo.

Just skip to the start of the good episodes, give it a try and then watch the early ones later if you feel like it. When did people forget how to television?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I know a whole load of Eastern Europeans, none of them think it's ok to call women whores

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DoctorWhat posted:

Vinnie Jones is wonderful and I want him in every episode of everything, forever.

Watch Galavant :swoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

About drat time we got Deadshot back

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

And her mouth that never closes. This is not a joke that she talks to much, but her lips never touch, it's terrible.

Let me tell you about a man called Jon Snow

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Darke GBF posted:

:ohdear: I liked all three Blade movies...

For unpopular opinion #2, can Laurel get a training montage or a time skip or something? Watching her fight dudes with guns when she has a few weeks of boxing training and a nightstick is annoying as poo poo and takes me out of the action. She can't even do the sweetest flips imaginable like a certain other member of Team Arrow. Since even Oliver acknowledged her, she's obviously a permanent fixture going forward, so at least give me some handwaving to explain why she can be out there when she can't even land on a van roof without eating poo poo and almost breaking a leg.

No because Laurel's natural progression into the role of badass is much better

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is fantastic

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There needs to be more mention of how awesome it was that a) Thea went 'gently caress this secret poo poo' and immediately told Laurel and b) Laurel was totally cool about it. Best part of the episode.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Calista Flockhart's still working?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

WarLocke posted:

Guys I'm not sure how I'm going to go back to Arrow after seeing Daredevil. :stare:

I'll never see Roy's flips the same way again :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Roy left cause he saw Daredevil outflip him and realised his only contribution to comic TV was gone :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Something Awful Forums > The TV IV > Arrow Season 3: "I hope that Something Awful becomes less awful"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ded posted:

I don't care what happens on the show as long as Katrina Law gets screen time.

Katrina Law needs to be a regular next season, Nyssa has been by far the best thing going in Arrow this year.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also how can Laurel go from failing to land on the roof of a van to beating up 3 league of assassin ninjas at once? That whole scene made them look like a joke.

Writers :argh:

She's been training with the League's best warrior for months now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Only good parts of the finale were Ray imploding and the Lances scene and Nyssa. The rest was mostly not terrible, it was just there. I wish I'd seen this before the Agents of Shield finale cause it's just paling compared to that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:suspense:

They really should have done the Lazarus Pit on Arrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Halloween Jack posted:

I just finished Season 2. Does Laurel die this season? Please say yes.

Laurel is the best part of season 3!

• Locked thread