Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I wish Johan would post here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ok, lets do a succession game now.

Trebizond.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In my headcannon the Empire of Trebizond is a white nation.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

Russian Faces I guess. I thought they applied to more but I guess just Russians and Alans. Who the gently caress is playing Alans?

I played Alans all the time in Ck1 because they were the only playable muslim portrait.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

holy gently caress. After 3 truce breaking wars and 30 years of constant war, this is what came out of my byz run

bulgaria was my opm vassal who got all the bulgar lands once otto collapsed, ottos got converted by orthodox zealots, and after bankruptcy I have hella cash. Not the best start but lol

edit: those are ottoman peasants going to loot the lands of the armyless turk

You should make the orthodox ottomans your friend and closest ally.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I played way of life now, and its a lot of fun. I had a 70 year reign of a seduction focus king and I couldnt stop seducing, marrying and making concubines of my nieces. I did that probably about 10 or more times during his life. When he died I decided to try out rulership focus with the next guy, and within a couple months he was ill, depressed, stressed, and dead mostly from rulership events. Is that normal?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Kind of annoying that nieces and sisters are fair game, but not daughters or granddaughters. This guy was really hosed up and already had -10 from everybody for "Incestuous adulterer" so I don't know what would stop him.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

God what a dipshit. Finally got way of life, and naturally, I'm doing a cuck run.. But first I'll use the console to remove any adversity from the game and give myself a large amount of intrigue.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Does anyone else think its weird that the 700 AD start has a "Byzantine empire" where the Roman empire should be?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This is what happened to the college after I converted.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Never mind thats my vassal bishops. How do you see the college of cardinals? I keep getting notifications that my shamans are being added to it.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Why are norse men allowed to boat all the way around europe, though the mediterranean, through the danube, in order to land in Austria for a raid. gently caress off.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

EvilMike posted:

they did that irl though

Every month?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'm giving up on my game, as it its too drat frustrating to play as a Catholic who has rivers inside his territory.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I understand that the vikings raided the Byzantine empire like once. That's how the Varangian guard came to be. However, there is absolutely no precedent for vikings going past the bosphorous, into the black sea, into the Danube, all the way up the Danube, and getting off in the loving Alps in order to raid. Not only that it happens once a month or more often. I get punished if I dismiss my levies for even 1 week and I cant commit to any wars outside of my territories ever since I converted. gently caress you the Wiz for ruining one of my favorite games.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Oh and here's my favorite part - my nation is completely land locked.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lay off the wiz unless he actually does something gay.

The wiz is a friend of the family.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Has anyone ever managed to kill the great white beast? I made all my rulers take Hunting and the closest I got was seeing the beast across a ravine which made me get the hunter trait.

I have killed the great white beast. Not in way of life though. And I think it was a stag.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'm never going to pick learning focus unless my leader also has trait homosexual.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

What is this manga.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

my last game was trying to turn Russia Greek as that one Byzantine count on the Crimea in the earliest start date before Charlemagne. It was pretty epic making the Kingdom of Taurica and rebelling from the Emperor + fighting the Russians, until the Golden Horde came and killed me

I did that a long time ago and I was disappointed to find out greek culture cannot make empire of khazaria so you hit a wall.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

the Karlings had taken over the Byzantine Empire and made every single other Greek culture ruler except for the dudes under me Catholic so I was too busy fighting that clown car to worry about expanding all over the steppe as Khazaria

Oh man in mine I accidentally inherited Byz, every single Byz kingdom, + Italy due to my extreme power and influence under Byz and I had to give them all away since they werent part of my goal.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Heres my insanely hosed up europe from that game and my epic race mixing family tree . It was probably my favorite CK2 campaign overall.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Trigger warning: borders.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

that Sweden is disgusting but not as disgusting as a major Karling presence in 1444 AD

It was like 1300 when I called the campaign and that italy was the only Karling kingdom, and it wasnt particularly Karling due to it was previously ruled by Muslim Robin Hood and a member of my dynasty who both hosed up and lost their kingdom.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

They took the Levant from the Mamluks, but then it immediately revolted away into Syria. First time I've seen Mamluks become Egypt, too. Epirus revolted out and took all of greece, but they conquered it back, so I slipped in took it myself around 1550. Except for France and a few of Aragon's provinces I gained all these territory by diplo-annexing and four different PUs on Bohemia, Hungary, Poland, and Lithuania over the course of the game.

Man if you're going to conquer that much of Europe at least take the Bosporus.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Smolensk and Bar are my personal favorite colors. Uhh in Eu3. I dont even think they're in Eu4.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Change Capital and Culture to Bosnian.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

It's been a long time but yeah it was like 'now this random province is almost worthless :troll:'

Seems accurate.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

Label one Bosnia as Bosnia and the other Bosnia3 and watch Europe go wild looking for Bosnia2

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

This is mine so far. I liked Mapuche's ideas better. I prefer Inca's even more but I've played them like 5 times. Anyway, I just migrated a bunch to fill out Exploration, then I got a bloc of about 8 provinces. Spain settled near me and I immediately reformed/westernized. France started to push down the west coast right around the time I started inching up to Inca's natural coastline. France took the north half and I took the south half. I'm trying to cut off Portugal's inland expeditions but it's hard. They're so far ahead in diplotech. The AI in this game was on the Brazillian coast by about 1500 so it's not a very lucky native run. On the bright side, nobody is in California or Asia... So I have a good shot of getting NZ, the Phillipines, and Australia. I went Reformed and have almost no potential friends in Europe but that's fine because I have higher basetax than most of Europe.

Fun Europe fact: Ottomans are slowly eating Ethiopia, which actually colonized the empty spots for once. Nobody has annexed Aragon, but Castile annexed Naples. Bulgaria exists because rebels, and the Netherlands own the entire Dutch/Flemish region except for one or two provinces so they are a European juggernaut compared to how they usually turn out. Georgia united the Caucasus and is independent, somehow, not to mention fought Crimea and won.

Westernized, Hindu Hindustan united the entire subcontinent.

Mapuche has a cool color.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

who are you playing

Kiev hopefully.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

POPs Ftw.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

We did a few EU3 sgs as well. I dunno if you played any of those though. I think mostly weird mods though? Like we did North Sea Empire in MEIOU and crap.

And Flanders.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

What year is it?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

some insane guy in the games thread ran an OPM frankfurt game and honestly I kinda want to imitate him now

something on the order of 150k personal + vassal troops as an OPM ain't half bad

All the troops in the world and those are the borders he's created...

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

MEIOU and Magna Mundi are whats up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Yolomancer posted:

Damnit, I think I made the Mamluks too big to annex by giving them back all their cores from the Ottomans. I was expecting it to take a while but not this long. What are my options, just try and get diplomatic reputation to speed it up?

Also, check out the rest of the map. Some cool stuff you don't see a lot of, like buff Burgundy, huge Scandinavia, buff and separate Lithuania, Portugal tearing up northern Africa, etc.

The Mamelukes have cores all the way up into northern Mesopotamia?