Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dont call it map games you loving assholes ufck you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also hoi3 is the loving worst go play darkest hour instead

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mapgame is the stupidest and most loving broad rear end thing ive ever loving heard

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why dont you just call it marriage

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

there are mods for that, you idiot

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i wish paradox did a cold war game

mainly because i cant get balance of power to run on my comp and the ui is poo poo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i feel like playing kaiserreich again should i be canada or mongolia

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

please tell me i'm not the only person who thinks its so loving retarded that there are so many events in euiv where its like 'lose 1 stability' or 'lose some monarch points'. or the ones where its like 'lose a bunch of stability and money and tax and trade power, or get rebels'. wtf. who thought that was fun? i feel like i just get poo poo on by the rng constantly when i'm not doing a unique mission or something. its especially bad before you get some idea sets unlocked.

its gay

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is it wrong i want a darkest hour mod with a really spergy tech tree like mod 34 for hoi2

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

please insanely and violently murder all bronies

also

Effectronica posted:

Did you play Hearts of Iron 1?

no

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Effectronica posted:

HoI1 had a ridiculously involved tech system, wish I still had my disc so I could show off screenies.

googling it doesnt show anything either

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

before we kill wiz i want to point out his house hozorholenanfanaw;tgjangs'ag mod for victoria 1 is like four times more fun than the base game

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im glad our "sister" thread in games is arguing about whether population pyramids are a good or bad feature to include in vicky 3

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im still interested in map games

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i hope hoi4 actually has some choices in the tech tree even if it is nation specific like eu4 ideas

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ok i checked the hoi4 dev diaries and now im super hype

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im so hype for hoi4 you dont even know

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I will probably buy HoI4 even though I can see myself hating the combat style. Then again I get into trouble trying to play my Napoleonic wars with modern sweeping fronts so I am an idiot.

they should just have an expansion that moves hoi4s timeline back to 1910 so you can use it as the final boss for your vicky 2 campaigns.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so is the imp zone interested or not????

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dont play iron man

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

so i got darkest hour from the humble bundle... is it worth learning it, or should i really just wait for hoi4 instead? i've heard terrible terrible things about hoi in general, and the ancient rear end engine doesn't give me any warm fuzzies.

play as germany since they get an actual difficulty curve.

Disable the reinforcement slider in the production menu when you set that poo poo to automate. Don't turn it back on till you mobilize (decisions are in the box thing on the left on the map screen).

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 3, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh yeah minors suck if you're not playing kaiserreich mod and even then its hit or miss

theres always hoi4 i guess

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i hope hoi4 is good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

it's extra funny with DH because there's only like 20 playable nations. you think they'd have spent time on the minors to at least give them a few events.

you might wanna try right clicking on those flags buddy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

IM loving MAD

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:yikes:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wiz isn't involved in hoi4 right

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think the intelligence system has changed at all since Armageddon.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i hope hoi4 cures the aids i got from 3

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the wiz is a friend of the family

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

then again his vicky 1 mod is more fun than the actual game

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Eye of Widesauron posted:

*leans against the jukebox in a leather jacket, lowers shades a bit*

Crap Gaming

you motherfucker

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yo why didnt any of you fucks say anything about the darkest hour patch coming out

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Effectronica posted:

There's a DH patch? Does it fix KR crashing like it's goin' out of style?

no but playing as japan in '33 you can chose between going for china or ussr.

also generic leaders can get xp and be promoted.

also the long march is some sort of weird dynamic event thing I haven't actually played it so im not sure.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?833439-Darkest-Hour-Dev-Diary-33-Patch-1.04-beta

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also they're still adding poo poo to the 1914 scenario somehow

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Effectronica posted:

eh on the first thing, i'd have liked to see the option for an allied japan if they're gonna implement alt-hist craziness, good on the second, and huh on the third

invading russia disables pearl harbor so its possible.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dh patch trip report: western siberia is not a really good area for mobile warfare

also zoq-fot-pik the moderator is a human being friend of the family

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm now double excited for HOI4 after they quasi-turned event chains into a game mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hoi4 got delayed and now i have aids