Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Last week I was pretty confident OKC was drafting Payne but now that dude's Dion Waitersing up the board. Back to the Hunter-Dekkar-Oubre-Portis-Looney-Andrson roulette. I guess I want...Oubre? Seems like he has the right size and hypothetical NBA skillset for OKC. Probably needs a year to get some NBA range on his shot/learn how to dribble in the d-league though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Rick posted:

Denver is trying to spin Lawson or (and) Faried into a pick(s). I think the Thunder might be the team that would benefit from at least Lawson more than a rookie.

OKC can't trade its pick. If there was some sort of handshake deal for OKC to take a player for another team, they could maybe do that. I think Denver probably wants significantly more than 14 for Lawson, too. Presti's also hinted that he's thinking about trading out of the first completely for a future pick. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did that given their roster situation.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Marc Stein ✔@ESPNSteinLine
Draft scuttle: Hearing Porzingis not only in play for Philly at No. 3 but now giving Lakers something to ponder at No. 2. Stock rising fast

this isn't going to happen......is it?!

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Redgrendel2001 posted:

There's a lot of talk about Devin Booker basically being locked in to the Hornets pick now that Lance has left the building.

*Sam Presti quietly re-boards the Payne Trayne*

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

morestuff posted:

The draft's one week away — any guesses who the big risers and fallers are going to be at this point? I think Booker ends up going higher than expected and Winslow dips a bit.

My guess is that some team ahead of Indiana is secretly buying the Payne hype hard (besides New York) and will take him top ten. I agree that some teams ahead of Charlotte might be quietly selling themselves on Booker because he's 18 and maybe the only elite shooter in the draft. Frank Kaminsky drops out of the lottery because everyone's wary of a 22 year old big who can't protect the rim.

I think OKC will take Oubre but my Reggie Jackson Memorial Presti Surprise Pick Award for 2015 goes to Trey Lyles.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

I could see presti taking Lyles but I think presti will shock the world with Justin Anderson

That's pretty gross but I'd really just like to avoid Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Perry Jones The Third is proven in the sense that he's proven to be totally worthless and has no basketball skills. get on the phone sam.

Alternatively, Steve Novak is extremely proven. The world has little doubt about his skillset.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

What good are "smoke screens" anyway? I understand not tipping your hand, but has putting out false information about who you might take ever worked in a team's favor?

Do the Knicks really think if they "leak" their interest in Frank The Tank, that Philly is going to say, "Oh gently caress the Knicks want FTT... what did we miss guys? We better just take him if the Knicks want him that bad." and then the Knicks draft Russel and say thank you Philly.

Stuff like this can't possibly work right?

I think the Knicks are more desperately trying to trade down as opposed to tricking Philly into making a colossally dumb pick. By threatening to take Kaminsky at 4, some team that's secretly in love with Frank might come out of the woodwork and part with an asset to take dumb old Frank Kaminsky with the 4th pick instead of the 12th or whatever. But yeah, that isn't happening either, though I hope the Knicks leak a supposed interest in every late lottery player at #4 until Thursday night.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

kiimo posted:

Somebody tell me why Oubre is slipping, because I absolutely don't get it.

Ill-defined skillset that may also be nonexistent. His big positive attributes beyond his size and athleticism are that he shot 36% from 3 and showed some defensive flashes. He's a long-term project by consensus basically. I'd be happy if OKC drafted him if Payne is gone.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I hope draft night is like a sequel to this year's trade deadline where the majority of teams realized that the status quo wasn't working out for them and make a bunch of crazy rear end moves to mix things up. That was cool & fun.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

morestuff posted:

For the Hornets: wait and see if someone interesting like Hezonja, Porzingis, Mudiay falls; if not, work the phones hard to trade back; if the right deal doesn't show up, take Booker.

Do not draft Frank.

If Stanley Johnson is available, OKC promises to send Charlotte both of Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones +14 for 9. OKC gets a little cap relief and a two-way wing. Charlotte saves itself from Kaminsky, gets a talented player who needs a fresh start in Lamb & expiring young reclamation project in Jones, and can move down further with Boston, Spurs, whoever. Let's do it, forums trades rule.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

If there was a gm that could pull this off i5 would be presti

I don't think it would take a wizard to pull that off. Lamb's going to be a good bench scorer for someone, it's just a question of whether teams want to surrender an asset to get him next season or wait for his FA.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Dejan Bimble posted:

Lamb and Perry Jones are both busts. That's essentially trading a bunch of random crap for the 9th pick. Nobody should take that deal. You'd have to include Kyle Singler or something otherwise of value.

I guess Charlotte is hosed

Lamb isn't junk. OKC has failed to develop him, but his numbers are good. Certainly a lot better than Singler's. It's all good though, I'm just homering around making up ideal deals.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

morestuff posted:

Charlotte just got Lamb for Matt Barnes (or something), so your dreams came true in a lovely monkey's paw way

Probably just cap relief for OKC. Lamb & Kemba ride again in the pros.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I think OKC is either drafting Payne or trading their pick. Sounds like Oubre, Dekkar et al. are not on their radar at 14. And since it sounds like Indy is locked on Payne@11, congrats to the Spurs for getting whatever midteens player they're after I guess.

Of course, Presti could pump fake me yet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Dejan Bimble posted:

He said it on Lowe's podcast. Ford said Hinkie was the only GM who watched Mudiay in China, and is focused on assets.

Well, it will be nice if he can learn to shoot. It underlines both how thin they were on the wing and great he was on defense that he was allowed to stay out there while missing every shot and looking like a sad man all alone in the corner. Have to be great on d to be allowed to stay on the court when you're a disaster on o.

Sam Presti has traded the 14th pick for the rights to experimental biotechnology that will allow the Thunder to merge Anthony Morrow and Andre Roberson into one person.

• Locked thread