Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

Honestly despite my lack of success at joining fishing raids, I was on fishers side. Goon guilds are about goons having fun. These two kinds of goon fun directly conflict with each other. Either goons stop fishing completely or pirates severely reduce their choice of targets, it seemed like pirates taking one for the team would be the more fair solution.

Then the fishers left and stole my 500 stone bricks. :qq:

RIP your stone bricks. I personally had nothing to do with that nor do I know how much we had, where it came from, or where it went.

I only ever joined fishing raids to kill pirates and would get free fish to do so, plus I just liked hanging out with them more than other groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

Stealing stuff pubbies donated is meh, but stealing stuff actual goons donated for a specific purpose really is goonfucking.

I am honestly sorry that you became collateral damage in the mutual goonfucking.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Hy_C posted:

I don't think so buddy.

Psh, you are FC, you gently caress goons all day.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Reminder that Taters intentionally came back to Goon Squad with the explicit purpose of loving up the guild and causing as much drama as possible before leaving again.

But somehow Kimsemus is the real goonfucker.

I think taters did a good thing for everyone. GS is much better off with JerkJerk and Reggin leading it. And I'm not being sarcastic, I had a good chat with Reggin.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Blazolie posted:

in non-duping news, i heard through the grapevine that fishing goons hate girl havers. takes focus away from all the fishing, i guess??

x: all the pubbies in wicked are always talking about their girlfriends
x: and the goons that joined got so butthurt because of that
x: they tried to shoot it down and then like 5 other wicked pubbies started talking about their girlfriends
x: and then one or two of the girlfriends started talking in comms to defend themselves
x: and now goons are segregated to their own channels, but that's not even surprising

wat?

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Finndo posted:

Reading this thread and all the other stuff, I still have no real idea what all the drama was about, but it looks like I should be drat glad I didn't funnel anything of value to anyone coordinating Big Guild Things.

And here's a good place to give a shout out to Archeage's "family" mechanic. In fact I think they should be more flexible about it, allowing multiple families and more members than 8 (or maybe allowing every character on an account to join but only count for one).

No real drama (besides the BFM stuff, that was real). Everything else is lol if you thought 1000+ random people on the internet could get along.

ragnoxiii fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 18, 2014

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Arcade posted:

90% sure it was something to do with the age of consent of fish.

16 is scientifically proven to be the hottest age for fish, also it wasn't even in america.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Eonwe posted:

so what really took it over the edge

the fact that kimsemus and I said that pedophilia was wrong and made fun of anyone who called it "trolling" or was fishing really just the bridge too far

Nothing really took it too far. Guild had been ready to splinter since the FC deal, they just needed a good excuse. Kimsemus sticking out his neck for Tatersyum to chop was just the right opportunity.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

No irony. Simple fact is your actions gave people a sufficient excuse to do something they'd been wanting to do since we officially rolled over for FC on Freedich with that stupid tax pact. Anyone who thinks fishing killed PvP in GS is dumb. It was the day we gave up on contesting Freedich that ruined PvP, fishing came after that.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

And Wicked rolled over for FC to trade Krakens and goons are now in that guild too.
Everyone is rolling over, and apparently only Eonwe is the only one qualified to roll over for a master.

We've figured out Eonwe's lap owner, and it is us. :magical:

It was more like FC caved to Wicked. Wicked gets every other kill and all they had to give up was one glider that is now completely useless. But no, you are correct, it was Wicked that got shafted on that deal.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Eonwe posted:

yea out of all the fishing people, DaBigRedBoat is the biggest piece of poo poo for sure

Are you sure DBRB even had anything to do with this? One of the splinters is the Star Citizen family and I'm sure they didn't need DBRB to do anything.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

You're a huge idiot and nobody gave a poo poo about the FC pact. Wicked were the ones that cried about it because they are massive hypocrites.

I guess you missed the massive thread on aagoons about it. Wicked didn't care because they got Kraken out of it.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

you should take a step back and realize that all these serious words youre typing are about a video game. people in ukraine palestine and syria are getting bombed and all you can do is whine about your stupid video game fishing. grow the gently caress up and get a sense of perspective you petulant manchildren

lol. sorry got lost didn't realize I was in the save syria/palestine/ukraine thread.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

you forgot about ebola

no wait, Deutsch Nozzle is right. Stop the thread. If we all put our heads together we can solve all the worlds problems. right here. In the Archeage Thread for Stable Normal People.

ragnoxiii fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 18, 2014

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Arcade posted:

Yeah, stop complaining morons, because Syria.

I agree, let's hear what Deustch has to say about Syria. How do we stop people from getting bombed there?

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Morglon posted:

No big deal, that's not even in America.

But what about the wool?

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

Wildstancer the Auroria blingee is old news. Please add something new and fresh to the op. I suggest this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

Seconded. Although someone else in this thread might think there is other important news from around the world that should be in the OP.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Velthice posted:

I can not loving believe this thread. Fishing goons, always reaching for new lows (for the sake of virtual loving fish).

It's over guys. You goon hosed to get ahead in a video game, and you did so. No one is ever going to believe differently. But no, whatever, let's trivialize actual world issues just to win an argument/defend your e-honour on the internet. That'll win the crowd over.

First, I'm not a fisher. Second, I don't really care what the crowd thinks. My opinions on world issues have nothing to do with this thread and I'm not obligated to share them with anyone here.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Arcade posted:

I can't tell if this is for real or not. <3 thread

I'm just glad that my goon loving legacy is secure.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Arcade posted:

Even with what's going on in Syria?

He must be white and privileged and lack empathy, he should probably kill himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

stop, you're triggering me, please think about the Syrians.

• Locked thread