Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

App13 posted:

Widestancer, would you mind adding the pirate guild, Customer Support, to the OP?

Thanks in advance.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
itt a bunch of people goons take a video game way too seriously

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Deki posted:

Well for starters, he's probably well over 16 years old.

:vince:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Charles Bukowski posted:

e: I can't believe people texted Riyott, and that he went home.

im not sure whats worse. that people were so angry about this video game that they texted riyott while he was away, or that riyott actually dropped whatever he was doing irl to deal with video game drama

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Simon Numbers posted:

Kimsemus isn't a j4g shitlord.

:allears:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Internet Kraken posted:

I honestly don't even know what is going on at this point. I'd like to think its not further drama over the BFM poo poo since I was hoping that had finally been sorted out but I'm not familiar with Taters role in that. If it isn't though, then people are getting seriously hostile over loving fish. Goon Squad gets billed as a chill group that isn't super spergy then people go on and have violently heated arguments over the most petty stuff. Either way this is some of the dumbest crap I've seen in awhile.

you missed the part where a goon had a kuuenbu-style meltdown in the mumble channel

over fishing

in a video game

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Carol Pizzamom posted:

The quality of playing Games with Goons has really gone down hill over the years. I realize sounds like something a huge nerd, and a total dork, would say (and you would be correct) but I used to play some stuff, like Ultima Online free-shards with goons, even before I registered an account, and everyone was really carefree, funny, easy to talk to, and would always be having a good time. I feel like some time around when Eve came out a bunch of people joined for that sort of stuff, and now we have those kinds of people everywhere. The experience I've had more recently is entirely goons not doing anything fun, being way too high-strung, and armchair video game commanders power tripping and trying to manipulate common goons into funneling them money.

Basically, I'm real disappointed in ya'll. Can't have a good time anymore around these parts

its almost as if :10bux: doesnt distinguish anyone from the average pubbie. makes u think

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

apseudonym posted:

Goon Squad should just be renamed to :regd08:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Charles Bukowski posted:

Who was that, Gicer or DirtyFalcon?

some dude name Comrade. was loving screaming into his mic like a tiny child having a temper tantrum

shameful

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
First GOONFLEET propaganda image:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
archeage delivers amusement that isn't even part of the client. what a great game

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
The GOONFLEET environmentalists are standing by to put and end to the over-fishing in the seas north of Nuia.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Hy_C posted:

I don't understand if Grithok and Jerkjerk never asked for stuff fr the guild bank. You thought the best idea to get back at new leadership for kicking a friend out of the guild, over a misunderstanding, who told Arrg he could come back into the guild, was to "flex your muscle" and go gently caress goons to teach them a lesson.

at least our guild isn't lead by Grand Sperg Baron Unji-Poopsocker III

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Is fishing as dumb as mining in eve and if so lmbo at all this drama over that

eve mining is easier cuz you shoot a rock then go afk. aa fishing is stupid because you have to play dance dance revolution while you do it

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Extra posted:

you seem to imply anyone actually cares about "getting poo poo done" in a stupid online video game

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

ruffz posted:

I have a couple housing items that I placed really high up on the outside of my house, one of which is on the roof. Is there any way to recover them?

use your glider?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

wtfmoses posted:

It's just the honorable goons telling me to ceremoniously delete their user as they plod off into the sunset.

lol

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

:eyepop:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Eonwe posted:

just respect gaming fishing

:barf:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Khako posted:

tip tip tip tip, let's kill all the goons who splintered and turn our back on the only ally Wicked. That will be a good idea. I'm not going to kill any of you on sight but will defend myself.

lol at this post

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Khako posted:

What profit, they had no fish when we attacked. I didn't care about it that much, but that you ignored that goons were there and made up a story to defend the fact that you were goonfucking. I don't even fish, nor care to play it. The general attitude you guys decided to put on drove me away.

shut up

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Khako posted:

What everyone is saying to you as you spam "tip tip tip tip tip tip" in mumble for the 1000th time. You are literally Reddit Incarnate.

someone's mad

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Khako posted:

Continue the lies, that raid got hosed as you guys despawned the cutter and got wrecked by Valor when equal numbers show up.

:allears:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Khako posted:

Okay, because I remember the guy on radar shouting that there was like 15 boats heading in our direction, then Kim took the wheel as Deutsche DCed. Deutsche got back in time to desummon as Valor rolled up and killed everyone that didn't stealth away in time.

this is indeed how the first night's raid ended, after we had stolen several fishing boats worth of fish

im still not sure what point youre trying to make with this?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

apseudonym posted:

I dont want to interrupt another meltdown but can someone tell me how many courage tokens I'll need for the new tiers of hasla bow?

too many

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Khako posted:

The amount of lies that your group spreads is hilarious. Why do you feel the need to lie about what happened in a loving video game. If you guys were like, Valor are fuckheads, we killed their boat because VALOR #1 or some poo poo then cool. Crafting some story to defend yourselves then having tunnel-vision with it is just hilarious. This is such a trainwreck.

:vince:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
didnt see the edit, am now lol-ing even harder

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Games > The MMO HMO > Archeage Thread for Additional Fishing Meltdowns

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Eonwe posted:

I think BFM's plan all along was to ruin the fishing pact.

it was me, i ruined the fishing pact

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
lock me up and throw away the key

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

lol

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Malakesh posted:

I have to say I admire imp zone's ability to keep its eye on the prize in this thread and the previous ones. You guys don't skip a beat, Great job.

To clarify a few things, the majority of people left not because of fishing but because most people who cared about the guild were not getting anywhere because of various setbacks that effectively neutered their ability to get anything done. Examples BFM and the surrounding drama, SCT leaving, Dodgy being gone for several weeks( hope things are going better for you man), Kimsemus directly defying other officers wishes, etc. We had made considerable progress in spite of dodgy being gone in getting the guild prepared for auroria. That is why you saw so much energy being pumped into fishing. The reality is that it was means to an end. People were trying to get money so that they could get gear and in turn so that they could do what we, the officers, had asked of them. This of course was that they be prepared for Auroria.
Kimsemus was told by multiple officers not to pirate in the areas where goon fishers were known to be unless explicitly requested by them. This was supposed to last until Auroria. What he did instead was directly the opposite and when called out, again multiple officers, he proceeded to goon gently caress like none other. A metaphorical game of "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, im not touching you!". Taters, getting control of the guild had nothing to do with the splintering and in fact is what quite a blessing. He realized that Kimsemus was destructive to the guild which was why he was immediately kicked( also due to the fact that he is a complete tool). For a split second we had real goon unity and we absolutely stomped Freedich and anyone who opposed us. We pushed 2 or 3 merchant ships full of packs in a matter of minutes. It was incredible and I was really hopeful that we might be able to get it back on track. Once that concluded we were essentially back to the way things were and everyone proceeded to make mountains out of nothing. The result of all of this bullshit was that those of us who really wanted to see the guild progress became so burnt out that we just didn't give a gently caress anymore. I really wish all of you could have seen and heard the amount of positive discourse we had two weeks ago about the future of the guild in mumble and officers chat on the offsite. Things were really looking up until this whole fishing drama poo poo happened.

That is why you saw a mass exodus of the real movers and shakers of the guild to wicked or other guilds. The irony of it all is that the same people who complained about the guild not doing anything were the ones being vocally disruptive. In the end, we all lose.

:vince: :cawg:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Eonwe posted:

Dabigredboat confirmed for goonfucker, trying to get Kimsemus banned in a different game because of how angry he is.

I love everything that has come from this game

archeage drama: its the gift that keeps on giving*

*because sperglords gotta grind dat axe

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

UoI posted:

Honestly, posting those screencaps was a pretty childish and lovely thing to do, and if you'd do that with a goon forum and post it on an open forum, what's to keep you from doing the same with the Goonrathi forums? Or any other goon forums?

Still though: :munch:

"video game opsec"

lol kill yourself

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

wtfmoses posted:

The things I do for love.

*pushes small Icelandic girl out the window*

That is one thread and now I have to go and get on an airplane ok bye.

hahahahahahaahahahaha what a loser

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
and then the problem became that a ton of goons thought we would get a castle by fishing all the time

ill let that one sink in for a bit

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Zakmonster posted:

From my perspective, all I see are a bunch of white people getting angry over a video game.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Malakesh posted:

Ahahahahahahahah. Says the commander who went away for over a week only to come back because we called you out on it. That is rich. YOU are one of the leaders they are talking about lol.

Also the original plan was to have another meeting on Friday the 31st to see where we were and to see if dodgy had passed lead yet. Everything hinged on us getting guild lead back because we couldn't do much as far restructuring and reorganizing without it. The next course of action was to either reform or continue if we got glead from dodgy. Shortly after the officers meeting we were going to have a state of the goonion. Obviously that didn't happen because the guild imploded Thursday night. This is why a bunch of us were so upset with Kimsemus and his goonfucking because he made zero attempt to help with any of this or even ask about it in the first place. He simply was not around and didn't make it to either of the oficer meetings nor did he listen to what we asked. The fishing thing was just a big gently caress you to the rest of the officers.
:qqsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

GreatestNerdEver posted:

followed by people agreeing

balista is a cool guy, sure, but come on

:toot:

• Locked thread