Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

sword_man.gif posted:

Also ArcheAge isn't a $60 box + $15/mo sub so you won't kick yourself like an idiot for wasting a bunch of money.

Unless you are this guy or whoever buys his poo poo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

apseudonym posted:

My coops keep breaking and getting sick, I'm done grooming young animals and going back to trees, too much effort.

Wait a week, and then you can go to another continent for all your grooming needs.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
When we say goons are generally undergeared, do we mean they have green/blue GHA and hasla, or worse than that?

Because I only have Green/blue GHA (5 loving wasted armor scrolls on chest), and perform acceptably in pvp when not facing down people who RMT'd or had their guilds funnel gold straight to them.

If goons in general don't even have that, well you're going to need some insane luck in Auroria.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Stop that, none of the pirates want him.

Well for starters, he's probably well over 16 years old.

e: nice edit.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ragnoxiii posted:

Full Arcane GHA is like barely adequite. I have full Heroic GHA plate and a darkrunner with the Kraken spear 2 shot me.

With Goonsquad's numbers why the gently caress aren't you guys cockblocking other guilds from the kraken? It takes like 2 minutes and 2 galleon deaths to entirely gently caress an attempt. The huge West faction alliance on Ollo despawns everything if they find out that my guild is bringing even 15 people because that's enough to take a lightly-manned galleon and start feeding ships to the Kraken.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Yeah, I know that all too well. It's been impossible for my guild to get a kill past the server's first due to a massive server imbalance and a bunch of green guilds that gently caress us over out of spite for not being invited to our kill.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Goons are too busy calling each other pedophiles and getting mad about fish to sit and concentrate on something like the kraken.

To be fair I would probably loving jump for joy if it was removed. Theres a lot of fun PvP that happens due to that fight, but the amount of wipes and sitting on your rear end waiting for the reds to just loving attack already is the most annoying thing.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Arcade posted:

I wouldn't have minded camping it, but we weren't the guild there to kill the Kraken, Wicked was. We were just defending them basically, and while destroying FC junks was fun, after six hours it got kind of old. If were the guild contesting the Kraken, I maybe would have cared a bit more. Unless I'm mistaken, we didn't even have an arrangement for taking turns with Wicked at the time so they probably would have wanted us to do the same thing the next time.

Haha gently caress, 6 hours? On Ollo after one or two wipes attempts are usually called off. I couldn't even imagine 6 hours of that.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
A 200v200 naval battle is brewing on Ollo, this is either going to be fun as hell or a long-rear end night.

e: over the loving kraken of course.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Thronde posted:

Good healers are the greatest thing ever. You may not get many kills, but holy poo poo people will love you.

This is an understatement. Healers are an amazingly huge factor in any pvp that matters.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Meltdown October claims another victim.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Kimsemus posted:

<GOONFLEET> has been formed as a guild on Aranzeb west to help control the fishing population. This is a goon guild with a PVP focus. All goons are welcome to join. This guild has actual leadership and direction, no fishing pacts, and is okay with drama.

TL;DR we're going to have fun and hurt a lot of feelings.

We will use the Camping the Stairs SA mumble once we're finally banned off the Goon Squad mumble (Camping the Stairs: 76.72.167.240 port 64738 PW is lljk or check the main games thread)

That sounds incredibly fun, and if I wasn't on Ollo, would join in a heartbeat. Preparing for Auroria and trying to fight the huge rear end Ollo West alliance over Kraken is making me want to uninstall this dumb game for good.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Widestancer posted:

Do you remember the last hour?

Yes?

Rophypnol is the name of the super autist that runs the big Western alliance on Ollo.

How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Thunderbro posted:

you were never getting a castle :ssh:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Extra posted:

You know if you stripped out the Naval combat Warhammer Online was a far better world PvP experience than this game, even with the horribly imbalanced classes.

You might want to explain this one for me, because I loving love Archeage's world PvP.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Good last bit of Drama before we close up Meltdown October for good.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
God bless Kimsemus.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Third World Reggin posted:

I asked what the officer plans were before werkwerk got in charge and I got told about them and how it was pretty sad since there was so much optimism in the posts. Things were going to be good and be better.

Then I found many goons who never knew about them since they were only made in a private forum and never really shared openly with the members.

There is a second offsite?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
One of my guildmates tossed me about 300g worth of top end consumables for having over 1k faction kills. I'm going to be the goddamn terminator tomorrow, and I'm going to love it.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Mimetic posted:

All four are now placed on Ollo. Managed to port over and place an 8x8 on the first castle that went down. Didn't manage to get a house down in Nuimari for the forth even though I was actually there and camping that one.

I might be done with this game. Being a pirate was cool, but my friends and I haven't gone hunting in over a week now.

Ollo was depressing. East faction could have easily claimed at least 2 spots but 3 large Eastern guilds decided to pull some bullshit on the others and then proceeded to then lose their own packs like retards. East was outnumbered so goddamn bad that we needed cohesion to get anything.

e: plus side the largest fishing guild on the server is now completely KOS to us so free fish I guess.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

tatersyum posted:

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT? Did TT6 really get a castle?

There was an eastern agreement to run a castle cartel and 3 of the major guilds involved tried to backstab the others and got hosed.

QC Republic and Infinite lost their packs on the seas to TT6 and Freshly squeezed.

RDD ended up losing their pack on the 5 yard line and LotD took their spot.

tatersyum posted:

Tractor Team Six was the best Western guild in Alpha so it was a no brainer

I like them but their allies are incredibly obsessive children.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

tatersyum posted:

Well it is hilarious when a 20 man guild claims a castle!

To be fair they had about 400 people helping them place.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Arcade posted:

Yeah, that sucks for Valor, Trion hosed em' hard on that one. Bloodline had the same issues.

My guild had the same thing happen, but we didn't have the numbers to fight the massive opposition against us at that point so it was moot.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I remember way back when people were going "But Trion is dealing with the game its going to be great just look at Rift" and some knew what was up because XLgames have proven to be poo poo all the time.

Trion is also putting the bare minimum of support staff on this game, there are confirmed hackers and people who've harassed guildmates of mine by posting RL stuff in game who are still merrily playing at least a month after being reported.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Hazeron was fun until the goon guild collectively realized that it wasn't '95 anymore and quit.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Malakesh posted:

Might as well write up some slash fanfic about Ballista and Kimsemus while you are at it.

I don't think that's what anyone meant by goonfucking.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

If it's cool with you, I'm going to use this whenever someone in my guild bitches about fighting KOS guilds at fishing holes.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Piracy is so loving profitable than fishing without your own boat if you do it right, I don't even know why you'd even bother unless you really suck at pvp.

I was in a piracy group tonight that was being fed coordinates from a disgruntled member of the target guild, and we ended getting 3-4 fish each for less than 45 min of work. Way more fun too.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Arcade posted:

Actually if you really suck at PvP, attacking fishing boats is exactly what you should be doing. Kind of doubt you managed 3-4 fish each in less than 45 minutes, but it's more money than blocking carts in Ynystere, since those guys can't even put packs in your cart.

There were more fishing boats than pirates. A lot of the fishermen kept their fish on the line assuming they would win due to numbers. They were wrong.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

lewtt posted:

If you are still endlessly arguing or witch hunting after a month about awfully stupid poo poo a dumb guy did to a clueless teenager on the internet years ago while alienating/kicking/arguing with people who vocalize not caring about some random goon, it's bordering saying as much about you as it is BFM's said mindfucking of icelandic teen

But I guess calling people out on obsessive tirades over month-old/years-old spilled milk classifies me as a pedo apologist

I too think it's fun and cool to play videogames with unrepentant pedophiles.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Old news, A dude from deja vu has been doing this sparingly on Ollo to get kraken resets.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
No, Trion patched the walls to have hilariously high health and mitigation against non siege weapons.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Xexre posted:

Don't play KMMOs.

My Korean buddy who rightfully tried to keep me from playing Archeage swears up and down that literally every major Korean MMO on the market has the same issues that plague Archeage. They're all apparently shoddily coded pay to win fests.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Are there any numbers for how good/bad retention has been in the wake of WOD's release and the Auroria clusterfuck?

I was considering coming back to AA for a bit if XL/Trion managed to unfuck their situation, but WoD managed to suck me in enough to resub. poo poo, with the exception of open world pvp naval and otherwise, WoD is doing the things that I liked about Archeage better than Archeage ever did.

Also my server apparently turned into two loving giant power blocs and anyone who is Non-pirate east is regularly poo poo on due to the creditcard warriors all being pirate while the West still has the vast majority of players.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

snodig posted:

The korean guy that raged and deleted all his items and characters after spending $20k on the game is back. This time he plays on a NA server.

He's on my old server/faction and I'm kind of interested in seeing if/how he manages to fight against the established power bloc on the server considering they've got pretty much all the existing credit card warriors.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
So after 2 months of not being subbed I guess Trion decided to randomly charge my paypal. What the gently caress.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If you've been playing this game past October, how are you even remotely suprised that Trion is incompetent and cheaters prosper?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Small update regarding my previous post about ex members to remove their credit card information from their Trion account. My account was glitched/changed back to subscribed sometime in December and Trion has been charging me a monthly fee ever since.

Trion agreed to refund February's charge and cancel the subscription, but even with an email proof stating that my account had been unsubscribed back in November, they would not refund the other charges, even if it was their lovely system's fault. I've left it up to Mastercard to help me recover the rest of the funds.

That happened to me and I just decided that my old RIFT characters that I'd likely never touch again weren't worth the 30$ and got a refund through my bank. Between RIFT turning to absolute poo poo and the constant AA debacles, it's amazing how much goodwill has been lost.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Or at least patched it in before Auroria. 2 minutes after the siege spots were taken on any given zone, there was jack poo poo to be found. And I was on one of the less populated servers.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

tatersyum posted:

NOPE!!!! Miss you man. I've rerolled east and am in Forestcrow now. Last Sunday on Kyrios, Gank Bus successfully sieged The White Order's castle and it was hilarious.

Oh and Futile bought a castle on Ollo.

People still play on Ollo?

poo poo, people still play Archeage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

tatersyum posted:

Only autists.

Must be. I knew a lot of people on my server since there was a lot of overlap with the ex-darkfall community, and I think pretty much everyone I've talked to has quit. Archeage is one of the few games where I had a lot of fun at the peak, yet actually regret playing.

I'm kind of curious to see if Archeage was a massive financial failure for Trion, or did it do exactly as expected (Make a shitton of early money, who cares about longevity as they didn't pay initial development costs).

• Locked thread