Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Just found out that TT6 lost their castle. Sux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If the endgame at 55 is even remotely as grindy as it was a 50, you're going to have a miserable time trying to pvp, especially since the community is dying down.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I've logged in like once since November and I still get the occasional email or message from people I played with to go back. I don't get how you can still be invested in this game unless you sunk SC levels of money into it.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Star citizen.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
So it turns out that pretty much everyone on Ollo that my guild fought regularly got purged in this latest banwave.

I'd say it's vindication but the cheating was horribly blatant even last fall when I quit, so I don't really care at this point.

ruffz posted:

I wish someone had tipped me off.

:agreed:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Eonwe posted:

i talked the fucker into playing with goons instead of his friends on another server, so when everything blew up and goons stopped playing i felt like it was the least i could do

Don't feel too bad, I didn't roll with goons and the game/server politics got super unfun by the time the fishing pact exploded anyway. Archeage is just a bad game.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Chomp8645 posted:

Maybe more people would stick around for PvP if the whole system wasn't shamelessly pay to win.

When I was playing we had a dude who had an insanely nice weapon by the time most people had just hit 50. When it came out that he spent over 3000$ on the base weapons he was using to gamble he didn't understand why everyone mocked the poo poo out him.

He's still playing while everyone else in my guild quit by late November.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I had 2 of the tiny farms and there was literally no way to progress as a land baron short of fishing for insane amounts of time per day, or just paying up.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ruffz posted:

I personally hated that move and saw it as nothing but a cash grab, and they flipped the switch on it when the game started to decline. The hacking wasn't affecting me enough to make me quit at that point, but the thunderstruck nerf was another nail in the coffin in my opinion. I was planting like 60 trees at a time trying to win the lottery (I won twice) and I suddenly had no idea what to do with all my land when you could basically buy them from the cash shop. That's when I really started getting bored and lost my will to log in.

Before the change like 90% of the thunderstrucks on the market were from bots or people hacking to plant in Auroria or the ocean. It was awful, much like everything else Archeage related.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Fauxtool posted:

yeah gently caress those guys, they ruined an otherwise perfect game

Did you miss the "It was awful, much like everything else Archeage related." part or that post?

Game sucked, thunderstrucks were not an exception.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Eonwe posted:

the leader of KGB has spent over 100,000 on this game

You got a link? That's one of the last guilds I'd expect that kind of thing from.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

futile posted:

Romeos, the leader of KGB, was pretty well known for being the biggest whale on Ollo. For example he bought and regrade-destroyed tons of kraken weapons back when they were the best thing in the game. Just for fun. $100,000 is a totally believable number. He's just an amateur compared to some EVE and mobile game whales though.

Oh I figured anyone still playing has a huge chance of being a whale, it's just that he hasn't been noted for it in the last few games I've played where KGB was a thing.

With that I don't think there's anyone left on Ollo that I like. Good thing I haven't played since December or so.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Remember when RIFT came out and everyone actually kinda liked Trion?

I'm amazed how fast they pissed away their goodwill.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ruffz posted:

Is there a thread for this game yet? If/when there is, we need to make sure people don't make the same mistakes that some of us did when we bought the founder's pack for AA. This is another Trion money grab for what will be another terrible game. They're already moving onto the next flavor of the month MMO, and AA will become even worse than it already is.

I feel like a dumbass for listening to goons about getting the game. We need more Eonwes and less people who think the gliders and boats are worth 150+$.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ruffz posted:

Wildstar was the first thing that came to mind when I clicked the link as well. If there's a game that failed faster than Archeage, it's Wildstar.

I think Archeage has less players, but said players have spent a shitload more on the game.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Actually the ex-Trion employees I've played games with say that it was a fairly lovely place to work, even by game industry standards.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Finding out how many people were cool with associating with a sexual predator was a real loss of goon innocence for me.

I kind of wish I had played with goons on AA so I could have seen this trainwreck from the inside.

Only real drama my guild really had was a bunch of recruits and the resident guild rear end in a top hat dropping N-bombs on a live stream one night.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

PCOS Bill posted:

OH MY GOD NOT BAD WORDS

See, you say that, but the guys we were fighting all the time made it into this big thing and tried to get Trion to ban people because they were so offended. It was actually pretty funny watching them try so hard to pretend they weren't saying equally lovely stuff on a daily basis.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Eonwe posted:

Saying racist stuff is insanely bad, actually

*nods sagely*

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Eltoasto posted:

The fresh start server launch was sooooo much better than the original launch. If the game had started with the land restrictions that this launch had, it would have been in a much better place.

What were said restrictions?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Wonder Turbine posted:

Oh hey, it's almost October again, isn't it? Fancy that.

Has it really almost been a year since Meltdown October? It feels like just a few months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Isn't it basically just whales at this point due to sunk costs?

Months after I quit, I found out that almost every one of the obnoxious pvpers paid hundreds of dollars or more for gear. These same guys keep moving from guild to guild, as each guild implodes due to the drama that forms when lovely, toxic people get together. It makes great reading at work when there's nothing else available.

• Locked thread