Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Widestancer posted:

I have updated the OP with what you sent me, the current guild info I have available and :havlat:200% more Wooper:havlat:.

Just wanted to note that Too East, Too Furrious has dissolved, so it should probably be removed from the goon guild list.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

More Hasla! Yay!

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
You could always try using that client side file patch that has been circulating around the internet. One of the things it changes is it disables all the intro movies. Might help your problem.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

ruffz posted:

Some of the most fun I've had in MMOs with goons is when we weren't tied down, like a castle would do to us in this game. Just roaming with a bunch of people and loving other peoples days up has always been the peak of MMO entertainment for me.

I think repurposing Goon Squad into a roaming mercenary force aimed at annoying/hassling anyone and everyone would be a good time and a good fit for our current situation.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Anarkii posted:

I'm pretty sure that was a joke post, and you can see Balista's response.

Yeah it was pretty obvious, really. Anyone who couldn't tell it was sarcasm needs a checkup.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Bauxite posted:

Also goons don't build things, we take them and destroy them. Why the plan was ever to build our own castle instead of take someone else's is beyond me.

The main issue with our taking a castle from someone else is we have a dearth of mages in the guild. We need to have at least 50 people with maxed out Sorcery/Occultism + heroic cloth/plate in order to have a shot at winning sieges. AoE CC & Damage wins sieges. We can get there eventually, but for now I don't think we should even worry about trying to do sieges and just roam around having our fun by annoying pubbies.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
So if I wanted to putz around in this terrible game after 1.7 drops on Tuesday, which guild should I join? Is there even a guild anymore with a high concentration of goons?

EDIT: What guild is Balista in?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
The thing that kills me about this terrible game is that even though it was terrible it still had some neat ideas that i'd really like to see get picked up by less terrible developers. The way the economy was set up was really interesting and forced people to take risks to make money via trade packs.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I was thinking about maybe checking out the fresh start server after 3.0 drops. I haven't played since launch and I didn't really enjoy playing solo after the epic goon meltdown. But then I realized that since I'll be out of town for the holidays, I would miss everything since the server is supposed to go live 12/10.

I kind of want to give the game another shot regardless, so does anyone have a server/side recommendation? Or should I just do the fresh start server and play catchup when I get back in January?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Ok, cool. I'll just putz around on my old level 50 on Aranzeb to get a feel for the game again and make a new account for the fresh start server when it goes live. Definitely interested in playing with any non-pedo goons coming back for 3.0.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
What an epic shitshow. I bet servers won't even be up until tomorrow.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Sinvex posted:

Which Faction for the fresh server? (Reckoning)

I'm doing east, but I'm not sure there is a consensus yet. Also, it's not clear that the server will ever be brought online... They are due to miss their most pessimistic estimate in ~15mins.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

eonwe posted:

i got stuck in a 2000 person queue and halcyona land all was gone, sorry buddy, i'm not sitting through dumb bullshit. this is as terrible as I imagined it would be

After wasting the whole day, they managed to unfuck the servers as I was making dinner. I'm not going to wait through a 3000 person queue. Better luck next time Trion.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Queued up early this morning. Managed to get in by 10:30am. Run all the green quests. Get my 15+ gilda. Do the blue salt quests for the 8x8 farm, go to port to mirage island to buy my house plans.... Crash to desktop. Restart the game, no grace period, 1100 people in front of me in the queue. So close to actually placing my poo poo down, but now I probably won't be back in the game until this evening. Trino.jpg

EDIT: After the maintenance, I managed to get my garden and house down in Solis before being disconnected. So little land has been taken there.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 12, 2016

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

OpticalRape posted:

pls join baka on east

I'm not even sure if this was serious, but the guild is full anyways.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
For real, though, what guilds are the goons on east reckoning joining?

EDIT: Fun fact! If you're in queue and had to hit alt-enter to get the server screen to show after being disconnected, DO NOT hit alt-enter again after the queue window pops up to fix your window. It will kick you out of the queue. I dropped from ~150 to 1650 as a result.

EDIT2: Haven't made it any further because the queue is incredibly unstable. Since I actually got some land I might just give up on playing this for a few days. It is literally unplayable.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 13, 2016

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
There aren't many of us, but we're mostly on Reckoning (good luck logging in) and we're split between east and west. I'm east, but I doubt I'll actually get to play for more than 10 mins a day with the current disconnect issues.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Flavor Truck posted:

Reckoning is beyond full and I don't want to pay money to play this stupid game. What's the other non-queued server that goons play on? Is it still Aranzeb?

I don't think there is one. Aranzeb was the old server, but I think everyone either quit or moved to Reckoning.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

I'm in <Legion> on East Reckoning if you see me around, playing as Flower and Orchid. :) I've got a clipper and have occasionally been giving people free rides to Solzreed when they reach their level 30 farm quest.

I could totally use a ride to solzreed tonight if I can stop disconnecting. IGN: Anansai

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Are you in Baka?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

I wish I could figure out how to do these before Trion patches them out, I am poor as poo poo atm in game

Ditto. I only find out about things like this after they are patched. I need better sources.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

I'm gonna go pirate with some folks. Got some property in the Straits and a fishing boat. Yarr!

Have fun. I'm still holding out hope that at some point I'll get a merchant ship. Got a ways to go though.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Kimsemus posted:

Ask Stormgale for his account if he doesn't play anymore. He has one of the guild trade ships iirc

I'm playing on fresh start. Thanks for the tip, though.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

9foxtails posted:

How is the fresh start server? Worth coming back to?

Well the land is full now, so there's that. But it's great. I'm having as much fun as I had at launch, maybe more. It's even better now that fishing isn't as great an income source, so you don't have to do that poo poo anymore and no fishing pacts.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

CAN'T WAIT FOR FISHING BUFFS IN FEBRUARY.

:psyboom:

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
As a contrasting opinion...

The servers were the worst. But they're much better now. The game is playable.

I think labor still has value as long as you're willing to do tedious tasks.

Trade runs are worth it with guild merch ships. You can do speed runs with clippers that are worth your time. But carts/wagons are likely not worth running too much.

Fishing is still boring and I won't do it unless it becomes the best game in town.

Farming is fun, especially in calmlands/marcala where there are hourly pvp fights over logs. There is also a clear non-p2w progression for gear now that makes you relevant for for the time being (note: rng does still matter here).

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

I'm Orchid on East, Flower in pirate if you want someone to chat with or ask questions. :) Orchid is my potato alt so she probably won't be much use in a group though.

Hows pirating going? Are you in Sin now?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Yeah this seems right. I'm currently scepter/shield because I spec Revenant for raid PvP. Eventually, when I'm in Enigmatist, I'll be rocking the T4 Obsidian dagger than has Magic Attack on it (Sleeper's Point) in my offhand instead of the shield. But my dagger is only at T2 atm. I went shield with my mistsong (instead of staff) and I've been rather happy with that decision.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I know that the Conan game is the new meme, but I'm not very impressed by the gameplay atm.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
First things first, you shouldn't be an outrider. Pick either Archery or Battlerage, not both. If battlerage, then you can play darkrunner if you want to be a bursty assassin, but I generally prefer the defensive tree, so something like a Abolisher, Blighter, Hexblade, etc. Otherwise, you can go archer, which isn't great these days. Primeval if you want to be mobile but squishy (like the darkrunner) or get the defense tree and run something like Stone Arrow or Bastion.

To gear up you're going to need to grind GHA. That will give you a starter leather set, which you can upgrade without having to regrade and it will give you a shot at a unique weapon (any type will do), which you'll regrade to at least celestial, then turn into a mistsong weapon via crafting an Aria's Autograph. After that, you'll need to grind obsidian mats in Golden Ruins to create your first obsidian pieces.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 7, 2017

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

nazca posted:

Is this game like a shot ton of fun? Do you all love the gliders? How much pvp are the goons getting into?

I'm downloading.

I like it a lot. There is no real goon presence (the only one I knew in my guild stopped playing because he's in Korea) but some of the pubbie guilds aren't too bad. I recommend playing on Reckoning. If you go east, you can probably join baka immediately upon hitting 55 and move to kys once you hit their gearscore reqs. Gliders are awesome. Trade pack economy is a great idea. Farmville can be fun if you make it fun. PvP is decent, but gear dependent. If you want to faceroll pubbies when solo or in small groups just play Darkrunner.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

nazca posted:

Also, I intend to spend a little money in the store. Right now I want to purchase a glider as I've seen that advice. Is there anything else that will give me an advantage I should think about?

Honestly I'd install it on steam and get this package: http://store.steampowered.com/app/553920/

It's $20 and you get a month of patron and a good glider along with some other junk. Since patron is normally $15 per month, you're getting the other stuff pretty cheap. I did that, then uninstalled on steam and went back to the normal version.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

I think Reckoning is doing fine, I always see people in chat grouping up and talking poo poo. I'm in a guild called <Stay Cute> that I like quite a bit, they're very relaxed. A lot of people on the server did drop recently for a new game that came out, R something, but not enough that I'd be concerned.

Hah, I'm in KYS (aka TPP now). I kill people in Stay Cute all the time. What's your IGN so I don't kill you?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

Haha nice. I'm Blossom now, I switched sides after I got bored of pirate after a while. You're still Anansi?

Anansai, yeah. I basically live in Calmlands if you want to say hi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
We're doing a lot more ocean stuff now. Most days we're doing Abyssal and Lusca, and contesting DGS/Kraken whenever they're up (DGS less frequently). This is really way more fun because I always thought that the naval combat was the best part of the game. It also helps that we have Gnarly's boat, which is still probably the best on the server.

• Locked thread