Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I don't really get the waiting for Auroria stuff. What do you think Auroria is going to add that isn't already in the game? Is a 10 man PvE experience that exciting? At most it'll have some big zerg battles for a day or two while castles are claimed. After that it'll be just like war time zones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Yeah tonight was great. Full Apex merchant boat right off the bat. Followed up by dunking Wicked Goons using their patented piecemeal attack strategy. Then we sunk a red fishing boat and an Apex Cutter near Ynystere. Good times.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

SumYungGui posted:

Would you have a different opinion if the people that left were also that ones that earned the stuff that had been collected?

We both know that isn't true. The first 2000g was donated within the first 10 minutes of dodgy asking for it and the stone came from pubbies and miners. If you're talking about the scheme you set up to gear the guild it's also not true seeing as Munion isn't playing any more and I still see fishers like myself in Goon Squad.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Just like in eve those who lose the least cry the loudest. Stole one pack from him.

Edit: I want to thank Bluntmastergoku of <Goon Squad> <Wicked> for the Kraken Tentacle gift. I made it into a trophy so I can remember our time together.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 4, 2014

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
The only thing DBRB did was tell us that Deadtear was going to stir up BFM past to get him banned from SA and kicked from Goon Squad. If you want to thank anyone thank Deadtear.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

balistafreak posted:

Some people have stated that they've had to restart their computers. It worked for me, at any rate.

Isn't working for me but if you have the problem might as well try.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Scapes posted:

UPDATE 5: XLGAMES has determined what we believe to be the cause of the issue which is intermittently affecting players and causing disconnections. They are producing a fix for it right now with an estimated delivery of 3-4 hours. Right now, we will not be bringing the servers down ahead of time.

Sucks for all of us that can't get in. I really wanted to gently caress with people claiming land.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Nope, I haven't been able to log in even once. Unless I'm some goofy outlier, which wouldn't surprise me.

You're not alone. A lot of people haven't been able to get in myself included.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Third World Reggin posted:

Starting another round soon. Mafia been winning all night.

I tried to add you and it said it was successful. In as RoteRant.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I played a match where an investigator, sheriff, and lookout all said I was mafia/god father but the town was too dumb to lynch me so I ended up winning by helping an executioner get his kill. People are bad at this game.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Lothar posted:

I just got done building my thatched farmhouse I built in auroria. Thank PreparationH for helping me out with the wicked only workbenches :).

This game is awesome no one is playing it.

It's the least PreparationH can do since those workbenches were probably made with the stolen guild bank.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
The first 2000g and poo poo ton of brick had nothing to do with fishing so I don't get it.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

JackDRipper posted:

Every goon involved in the 2nd fishing event is now in wicked. Therefore its where it should be. The fact is we handed out 5 pieces of mag gear with the start of the belt. I have no control of where the other stuff went nor the care. Move along have fun and if non wicked goons still need help with packs to Free let me know how I can help. Vintorez has 40 plus packs on my land that can be moved.

I'm not in Wicked and I'm pretty sure Munion isn't playing any more so this is wrong.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Earn money or get hosed. PvP is fun, but it don't pay the regrade fees. Fishing before Auroria launched so you would be able to keep up, and focusing on getting maximum gear within the next six weeks isn't a waste.

All that fishing money didn't help Bluntmastergoku when I stole his Kraken Tentacle. It didn't help Wangja, Nagamatsuanimename and friends when we dunked them in seachild wharf. The real problem is most of you are awful at pvp and you still haven't figured out that gear won't save you.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Khako posted:

Bluntmasta is a healer... No skill or gear would save a cleric with only Critical Discord in the ocean.

Well someday he'll learn that sailing in contested waters is dangerous. Oh who am I kidding fishing goons will never learn that.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Internet Kraken posted:

Honestly the only thing that could possibly get me back into this game is the silly idea I had about submarines allowing you to do solo piracy. If the thunderstruck price comes crashing down, building a sub might actually be possible too.

Someone tell me how lovely they are so I don't end up actually trying this.

You don't need a submarine to solo pirate. I do it all the the time. What you do need is stealth, shadowstep, and swimfins. Hang out between cinder stone and solzreed. People run through there with packs all the time on clippers. Use stealth and swimfins to get close and shadowstep to victory.

Solo harpoon clipper works as well. By hitting numlock before you jump off the wheel you can keep speed for a bit and once the harpoon lands you can just reel them in till you're in shadowstep range.

Straight up stealing fishing boats can also be done solo. Just stealth around the boat till only one or two people are on it. Get to the wheel and take off. If they try and get to you use the AoE fear in witchcraft and they'll run off the boat.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Eminai posted:

Honestly, even if it takes them twice as long to pirate as it takes you to fish it up, that's still probably really good. That's also a couple of orders of magnitude better than what the Goon Squad pirating crew could manage.

Edit: This does, however sidestep a big issue, which is that pirating is never as sustainable as fishing for a sufficiently large group, because if you steal all of their fish, the fishermen won't keep fishing, then nobody makes any money, which was the entire reason for the ~evil fishing pact~ in the first place.

Fishers have been getting pirated for a long time. They still fish.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Dahn posted:

I am surprised no other people have on caught on to this technique.
Sit under the fish hole, and watch the fish, as soon as one dies you know there is going to be a guy with a pole jump in and pick it up. If he dies with the pack on it goes to the bottom, if he hasn't picked up yet it goes free loot. Buddy picks up fish and puts in boat.
Dahota's and fish chum both last 45 mins.

Why get one fish when you can just take the whole boat? Stealing from fishers is really easy and I've stolen full boats solo.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 11, 2014

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
While people were out fishing we took 14 or 15 full merchant boats in about 3 hours. Someone spreadsheet how much that is worth in charcoal.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Malakesh posted:

Haha thanks. Red dwarf and are you being served are probably my favorite British shows of all time. Top gear and mr bean come in a close second.

Whoa you need to watch Peep Show and then reevaluate your list.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Malakesh posted:

Forgot to add flying circus for obvious reasons. Is peep show on Netflix or do I have to :filez: it?

It's on Netflix get ready for 8 seasons of awkward British humor.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
At this point it doesn't really matter. The population is in free fall. The question now is whether we'll see a castle siege or server merge first.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Extra posted:

Quick Tanreall, revive the CRPG thread!

I wish CRPG wasn't run by a bunch of dumb children. Only reason it's even fun at this point is that M&B combat is badass.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Blazolie posted:

in non-duping news, i heard through the grapevine that fishing goons hate girl havers. takes focus away from all the fishing, i guess??

x: all the pubbies in wicked are always talking about their girlfriends
x: and the goons that joined got so butthurt because of that
x: they tried to shoot it down and then like 5 other wicked pubbies started talking about their girlfriends
x: and then one or two of the girlfriends started talking in comms to defend themselves
x: and now goons are segregated to their own channels, but that's not even surprising

:roflolmao:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
If someone wants to name names. I'm sure the thread would welcome that. We would even attempt to get the persons involved help.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Malakesh posted:

Shenanigans

:captainpop:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Widestancer posted:

quote:

[13:41] <ThirdWorldRaygun> malakesh, I don't understand the idea of fighting poo poo posting with even worse posting
[13:41] <ThirdWorldRaygun> don't touch the poop
[13:42] <Malakesh> Last time I did that the poo poo posting died down
[13:42] <Malakesh> I was hoping it would work
[13:42] <Malakesh> Alas
[13:43] <Malakesh> Also I can on,y take eonwe and nozzle posting the same responses every other page so much
[13:43] <Malakesh> So now I'm bringing my own brand in and it smells wonderful
[13:44] <Malakesh> Just show the ludicrousness of the whole thread
[13:44] <Malakesh> You can't really make that thread better
[13:45] <ThirdWorldRaygun> you can't, but other people can
[13:45] <Malakesh> ;(
[13:45] <Malakesh> That stings
[13:45] <Malakesh> Is my posting really that bad?
[14:05] <Malakesh> If I can't enjoy the thread because of the incessant trolls I sure as hell am not gonna let them enjoy it
[14:06] <Malakesh> And if I have to stoop to their level or lower to get it done then so be it

:cawg:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Malakesh posted:

This man speaks the truth.

So you knew all along and that's why you stole the guild bank?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Arcade posted:

Don't forget, we robbed all that content too.

No way you guys produce content for me. Ever so often I come down and steal your boats full of fish. Last time I came down we were treated to the famous piecemeal attack plan goon fishers are know for. There were four of us and the fishers knew we were there so Nagamanimenametsu comes at us solo and dies. We laugh while trying to find a boat to steal when Wangja comes at us solo and dies. We laugh harder and decide to just chill and see how many will come at us one at a time. It was great we love goon/wicked fishers.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Tactical Bonnet posted:

And, for the record, there's a bug for literally every boss in GHA except that guy who does that bullshit spinning fireball thing that reduces them to youtube breaks in your gameplay. That fireball guy is still a joke but you can't actually alt-tab or you'll die.

If you use play song during the fireball you won't take any damage. Not that it's hard to get frozen or use wings but it's a bug and it makes the fight even easier.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Arcade posted:

Does this mean you'll be leading the guild?

Someone is a bit salty about werkwerkjerkjerk still.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Arcade posted:

Nah, you got me all wrong.

:captainpop:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

tacosupreme posted:

Now you're making things up. I attacked (one) mob that aggro'd on me. I asked in /say for invite as well as requesting from Wangja. His reply was something along the lines of: Laffo!!!

Edit: I assume this means your willing to work with Goon Squad on this? If we make enough noise to people we can all farm together happily?

Come on the goons that left for Wicked would never make any thing up. They're good honest folk.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Arcade posted:

Goon Squad pirates Wicked ships (or tries to), cries on forums when Wicked flags on them in Hasla. Carry on.

:siren:You heard it here first people. Wicked goons tell Goon Squad goons to go suck an egg.:siren:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Bridgeburner_ posted:

its like people want to have their cake and eat it too

"We'll jack boats on the high seas guys, but don't you dare flag up on us in Hasla you filthy tokenfuckers"

Just a bit of consistency.

Goons should have seen it coming. The people who left for Wicked will never let anything go. I mean we all saw what they did to Kim. Just know when you're out there killing fishermen they are furiously writing your name in their journal under KOS.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
We can only hope it serves as a lesson to future MMO development. Although with the trend being awful MMO after awful MMO I highly doubt it'll be the case.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Most of the recent MMOs have had huge gently caress ups or an extreme lack of foresight. The only ones I can think of that avoided this are Guild Wars 2 and FFXIV 2.0(1.0 was a huge cluster gently caress)

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Ridinspinnaz posted:

To be honest, it probably isn't really an issue. They likely printed enough money off APEX sales, massive pre order packages and cash shop to make this an incredibly successful pump and dump release of a Korean game, and I'm sure that the localization staff etc cost far less than a traditional development team.

Oh I know they made money. I was more talking about learning how to make a good game that will last longer than a few months.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/12/12/massivelys-best-of-2014-awards-biggest-mmo-disappointment-of-t/

Archeage is up for an award on Massively and barley beating out WildStar right now. I know I can depend on this thread to get out the vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
I think this video sums up Archeage nicely. https://youtu.be/wG06WAxoR9k?t=89

Credit Card Open!

• Locked thread