Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kawalimus posted:

And consider that there is likely to be DLC for this game. Imagine how big it's gonna be then.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's still a smaller download than the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know how to unlock Judas this time around? Just completed the Womb and he didn't unlock so I have no idea. Also, has anyone unlocked the new secret character yet?

EDIT: The extra damage from Bob's Brain is nice but I wish I could see the cooldown timer on it so I don't keep accidentally using it on close enemies.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 5, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Be really loving careful about using the D10 against Gemini while they're still connected if you don't have any other items. :gibs:

Does each link in the chain connecting them count as an enemy or something?

Speaking of the D10, I want to see someone do it against Teratoma/Envy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what does hard mode actually change? Also do we know if there are unique rewards for it yet?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

vuohi posted:

I am definitely pleased with the amount of new poo poo they added to the game. I guess knowing the old game inside out does help some though, because I killed mom on my first run and the cathedral boss on my second.

Yeah, knowing the first game definitely helps. About half of the game is the same afterall.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you have the item that lets you hold 2 tarot cards Ctrl lets you switch between them too.

Broken Cog posted:

How does Eden work exactly?

You start with random stats(but there's a minimum they can't go under), random hair, and 2 random items(but never 2 use items). Every time you kill Mom's Heart you get a token you can use to play Eden once.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I kinda like him, you just gotta pay attention to where he is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

haunted bong posted:

Infamy is an amazing item to have.

How exactly does this work? I thought it blocked projectiles from the front but it doesn't always work. Is it just not a 100% chance?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There are some special seeds that give special effects when you play them. http://platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth-seeds has some listed and will presumably update with more. BRWNSNKE looks pretty hard without an item that lets you destroy poop by walking over it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chumppell posted:

Is there any particular critera for getting a Champion Boss Rush after Mom? Just got one but didn't notice myself going particularly fast. Got a different item from it, look forward to finding it.

Come on guys, at least browse the last page.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hit a randomizer room late in a run and got the most ridiculous(and buggy) setup I've had yet. I had the item that makes your shot into one big controllable tear and magnetic shots, along with some damage upgrades and parasite(so the tear constantly shot out mini-tears when it touched an enemy). Turns out that combination is pretty buggy, since when an enemy(including bosses!) got sucked into they'd freak out and whip all around the room until they died(which didn't take long).

I also had Taurus, and either it's bugged or that's easily the most ridiculous item in the game right now. EVERY time I entered a new room I'd get the unicorn effect for like 5 seconds. Half the time I never needed to use my magnet deathball since I'd kill everything while I was invincible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Level 2 shop is at 100.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Haha, Pin can still blow himself up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Wugga posted:

So, has anyone encountered a bug where Isaac just drops bombs on his own all of a sudden? Sometimes I'm so immersed in a boss fight I don't even notice and it ends up killing me. Happens with both keyboard and gamepad. It's not too common, but annoying as poo poo.

Had a darkness challenge run go bad because of this. Might've been for the best though, had minimum fire rate and pitiful damage and everything took forever to kill.

Sounds like Explosive Diarrhea. You can get that from a pill and a use item, but I dunno if there's an item that just makes you do it randomly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bogart posted:

Lil' Brimstone is the best all-around pickup, right? Love that dude.

Familiar sure, but pickup? I dunno. There are so many amazing pickups; ludovico, brimstone, technology 1 and 2, taurus, ect.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

IronicDongz posted:

:toot:
Now I'm mad that I didn't record beating it with only one HP.
The Item you get from beating him is called "Missing poster", by the way.

Have you unlocked the new secret character yet? How is he, and what are his unlock requirements?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PureQuestion posted:

Yes. This is the final boss of the Dark Room, accessed by defeating Satan while holding the Negative.

I found the fight rather easy; much easier than Isaac/??? or even Satan. That said, I find Sheol harder than the Cathedral and the Dark Room is also at least nearly as difficult as the chest, maybe more difficult, so there's a lot of attrition to survive before even getting to the boss.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what that thing about "The Angels Await" means?

Apparently to unlock the real final boss you need to bomb two Angels and collect 2 halves of a key. Then you bring it to the chest to fight the boss. The boss is Mega Satan and the fight sounds nuts.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ The horns you get can damage enemies too.

Weird, isn't that the symbol for Pisces, not Cancer?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 6, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I always figured it was Pisces since it looked like two fish. Guess I learned something new.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ There are two items; BFF Fly(BBF) and BFF.

Logan 5 posted:

There is a Shop item called BFF, but I couldnt tell what it did. Something to do with buddy's I'd imagine but I was doing a challenge and only had that headless one that leaves a trail of blood.

BFF makes your familiars bigger(and presumably do more damage).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The worst runs are the ones that give you ridiculous survivability items but no damage upgrades. Bosses aren't hard but taking loving forever to beat.

Similarly, gently caress Soy Milk.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Rainbow shots(different shot effect each room) is really fun now with all the different kinds of shots. Can't do Ludovico though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Magres posted:

I wish you could turn items back off after getting them. Getting anti-grav tears on Azazel is completely unplayable, and it's really frustrating to have a promising run ruined like that

What does Anti-grav do with Azazel/Brimstone?

Also getting stuck with bad items is part of the game. It's why the Curse of Blindness(can't see what items are until you pick them up) can be dangerous.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
EDIT: ^^^^ Fire rate/tears up. Shot speed and range do nothing iirc.

Does Dr Fetus+Pyromaniac give you infinite healing?

By the way guys, I think Secret rooms are generated the same as the last game. The only new addition is you have to actually be able to get to the secret room without flying from each of the rooms it connects to. So if the spot where the secret room door would be is over a pit or across from a pit it's not possible for a secret room to spawn there.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 7, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ It does not.

Ugh, the Horsemen can drop both the bandage ball and the cube of meat during the same run. Means that even if you get lucky and get fight four Horsemen in the same run there's still only a 12.5% chance they'll all give the same item.

Also the Suicide King challenge sure doesn't lie. I think that's probably going to be the hardest challenge for me. The only easy way I can see of doing it is resetting until you get Pyromaniac but I've only seen that in Treasure rooms.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 7, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rashomon posted:

When do I start to unlock Sheol/Cathedral/etc? I can't remember and I am getting bored with runs ending on Mom's Heart. I just unlocked ???. At least the boss rush is keeping things interesting!

Should be when you unlock It Lives. If you've just gotten ??? it should only be a few more kills.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

dis astranagant posted:

Is Pyromaniac for player bombs only or does it work on things like trollbombs, exploding blocks and puke shots?

Seems to work for everything. Some enemies that attack with explosions(like Wrath) seem to have their AI tweaked to rush you though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CJacobs posted:

The suicide king card that you unlock from the suicide king challenge kills you when you use it.

I don't know why I expected any different. :geno:

Yeah, I'm not sure what the point is. It spawns some stuff when you die so maybe it's meant for a co-op partner?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Er, how exactly do you get the Polaroid? I've got like 15 Mom's Heart kills but it hasn't unlocked yet so Mom only drops the Negative for me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A tip for those struggling with the Head Trauma challenge: Shoot backwards.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Wolpertinger posted:

I thought angel rooms never happened if you made with a deal with a devil, and buying the goat head would do that, wouldn't it?

Nah I've gotten an Angel room with Goat head. Goat head seems to guarantee a Devil or Angel room, not just Devil rooms.

Also about not getting one after taking a deal with the devil, it's possible that taking a deal just gives you a shitton of sin and it's possible to get enough faith afterwards to get an Angel room.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unlocking the secret character sounds like a Fez-level bullshit puzzle.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GeneX posted:

:siren: Potentially Massive Spoiler:siren:

Okay, it turns out that the puzzle pieces are likely a part of a death screen. Which has an enemy to die to, and presumably specific items at the time. We don't know if this is what's going on, but it seems likely that you have to die to a specific enemy while holding specific items. Here's an imgur link to the most recent attempts at figuring out the currently known puzzle pieces: http://imgur.com/Mqr0oS9

I personally think it would be really cool if every player had a unique item/enemy death combination needed.

That sounds like a loving nightmare to do without cheating, especially if I have to complete the puzzle by myself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Man if the Lost is just a worse ??? I'm kind of disappointed

I dunno, I'd trade 2 soul hearts for flying.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

I just tried it because why not. He has zero health and dies in one hit no matter what.

Ultra hard mode.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Wait, what was the original chest unlock criteria?

Mom didn't always drop the polaroid.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

flatluigi posted:

Update: looks like there are multiple death screens involved. In addition to Maggy we also have one with Judas.

I hope it's different for each person, just because of how much of a clusterfuck that'll be.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unfortunately golden keys don't work with key beggars.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mega Satan is a lot easier and more fun than I thought. I'm also amazed at myself that I managed to beat him with only 3 hearts at the start(though he gives you a few soul hearts) and a not-super overpowered loadout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tRIDAV posted:

All that's needed is some good RNG for items. It will happen.

Heck, you need less RNG than normal since The Lost gets Devil Room items for free.