Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i was going to preorder it for pc using my loyalty discount, but i guess there's no reason to do that if psn gets it for free anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

should have gone with a hand drawn crayon style

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is it out out playstation

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you can get infinite sin hearts/soul hearts if you find a room with one of them in it on the ground and those hands that pick you up and take you out of the room since they also make the hearts respawn

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Logan 5 posted:

There is a Shop item called BFF, but I couldnt tell what it did. Something to do with buddy's I'd imagine but I was doing a challenge and only had that headless one that leaves a trail of blood.

Does anybody know what each upgrade of the shop actually does? More/better items or what?

the bff fly explodes when he touches an enemy, respawns every room, possibly even during the same room but i might have not seen that right. its fairly good, the fly is a bro

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Aishlinn posted:

This is almost certainly a bug, but something interesting i tested during the Beans challenge, If you go into a room with a naturally spawned pickup (like a penny in the middle of some rocks), blast the rocks, grab the penny, bomb the door, leave, and then go back inside, the rocks stay broken, but the penny respawns, along with the enemies. warrants further testing, but if say, a 1+1 bomb was there instead of a penny.. that would be potentially infinite bombs.

works better with the hands that pick you up

is there a mama's boy equivalent for later levels? almost got it in cathedral, if it exists, but a stray tear hit me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Not a Children posted:

Disappointed that Cain isn't as overpowered as he was in the original. I miss not having to worry about pill effects.

edit to avoid double posting: Is there ever any reason NOT to pick up the devil beggar from the devil rooms? I mean, as far as I can tell it effectively maxes out your health capacity

it makes staying in the gambling room forever harder

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Read posted:

Seeing a lot of people donating coins one at a time, you can just hold up against it to repeatedly donate or stand behind it and it'll do it automatically.

You can also donate up to 50 coins like this, while it broke way earlier on other attempts for me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Out of curiosity, what are the odds for a double skeleton key drop? :v:

i've had 3 on a single floor

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

PureQuestion posted:

Spoilers:
http://i.imgur.com/r4n5XtX.png

Dead Cat is a good item.

Do you unlock anything as him?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is sissy long legs broken? never seen it spawn a spider and used it during 2 full runs

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

on the ps4, could i just not accept the patch and abuse the lost dead cat bug or are achievements disabled then?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Can anyone give me a completely op run for judas, im really sick of trying for the lost only to end up getting various beans 3 floors in a row

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

I think people here asked about this earlier. Someone on Reddit made a chart over all the different unlocks you get for beating the game as each character.

Linked for spoilers.
http://i.imgur.com/QLfBd9X.png

wait who is the white haired dude, i thought i had unlocked everyone

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ah that makes sense, never seen her regular hair thanks to the random things she gets

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

flyboi posted:

Still around on PS4/Vita but God Hand doesn't pop.I'm going to assume it'll just show up whenever the 1.22b or whatever patch drops down to PS4/Vita. Honestly if that glitch didn't exist I would never have touched that char. Anyone that can do it legit I'll tip my hat to but gently caress that nonsense.

i tried to do the glitch on ps4, never found a dead cat but i found guppys collar which i heard worked as well. it did for a time, but about halfway through the depths it stopped working. so much time wasted

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i had the worst run of my life today. doing the dead cat lost glitch, first i had to restart at least 100 times (i started tracking after a while) without finding a cat. when i finally find one i do not get a single damage item the whole run. i also get only a single key, which i promptly lose to one of those key blocks that was right next to the door, before sheol. during sheol 12 keys drop, and after that 3 key doubling cards and i ended up with 56 keys and nothing to use them on. the whole run took me 1 long, painful hour. next time i try boss rush and the chest...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Didn't that glitch get patched?

ps4 is a patch behind

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

RatHat posted:

Hard is barely different than normal for the Lost. I think the only difference since you can't use hearts anyway is that there are more champion enemies?

when i did hard i got 1 key before sheol. i'd say that is different

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Its bs that there is no reward for no hitting the cathedral, cause i just did that and it feels good man

Also an fyi to those wondering, killing 3 angels gives no reward either

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Any rewards for killing whatevers behind the big golden door?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

13/f/cali posted:

You unlock an ending but otherwise no. Necessary for full completion but you only ever have to do it once.

Thanks, also any of you pc people know if you've done the requirements for unlocking an item/trophy and its bugged if it will unlock when patching? Still no ps4 patch

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

first floor playing as ??? pick up ipecac. second floor rubber cement. third floor quad shot. somehow still beat the chest

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Nastyman posted:

Yeah, it actually feels like cheat mode now that I've had a practice run. I'm pretty much oneshotting everything before it can even consider attacking me. Even so, BoI still finds ways to wave its dick in my face..

Yes, I took Tammy's Head, I mean jesus, wouldn't you?

theres a room in the chest that starts you surrounded by 3 red poops. pretty much no way to avoid them unless you are extremely careful when entering the room. major run ender right there

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

senae posted:

The trick is to have ludovico and brimstone, or something else that nearly instantly clears a room with no effort. That's how I got dead boy accidentally at least.

I used the leaf, a passive damage dealer and a lot of patience, did my non cheating the lost run the same way

Davincie fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 18, 2014

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Phone posting is hard :downs:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i rerolled a 6 damage up + flying eden into a cursed eye, monstros lung and bob's brain eden with no flying :(

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

any news of a ps4 patch? still 1.01....

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

if you get cancer, magnetic tears, rubber cement and the soul enemies just start bouncing around the room like crazy. often into you. some dangerous poo poo

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

IUG posted:

So what's the trick/bug with unlocking The Lost? I tried it last night, and died to a brimestone attack, because the wiki said it had to be a projectile. I saw people in this thread say you have to die by contact with 2nd stage Satan instead though. (I didn't use seeds on the Azazel fight.)

That, or I messed up because I went with Judas so many times way past the mom fight because I forgot what I was doing, got overpowered, and was nearly at Sheol before I restarted the game.

you have to do it all the way from the beginning if you fail one

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you can get angel rooms after doing devil deals. the secret room can also spawn next to the starting room on the first floor now, another old isaac rule that is broken by the new one

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Brett824 posted:

Uh... what? The secret room can spawn adjacent to the starting room on basement 1 in the original, that was one of the most important strategies when trying to get "epic fetus WR speedruns"

really? i've been following that rule for nothing then

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dr fetus is fantastic if you get it on an early floor because all the free rocks/secret rooms really add up

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Panniculus Rift posted:

The old game could get hosed up if you exhausted the item pools. In this one, once you have seen all the items, every item that spawns will be breakfast.

You can see this happening in this insane vid from Richard Hammer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ulHEdPqHk

how is he damaging himself once and fully charging the d6 in the shop?

edit oh wait he says it now, i never would have learned that

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

just had 3 challenge room chests send me to the devil room. That devil room contained a red chest also sending me to the devil room :confused:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Guillotine is sub-soy milk garbage

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

Oh well, guess I'll keep looking for him then, thanks for the info.

note that we also can't unlock godhead yet and a lot of other unlocks are randomly bugged

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

Should I save ???'s unlocks for later? I keep trying runs as him that end in failure, and some better items could help with that.

he's perfectly doable early and ???'s only friend and the d6 are fantastic items. so if you want those, just try a bit till you start with something good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tollymain posted:

Randomly determined powerups, general action-y play, whatever v:v:v

thanks for the recs tho

i hope you haven't bought our darker purpose yet because it is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

What challenges would you guys recommend I try to clear first, from a usefulness of the item unlocks standpoint?

rune challenges, credit card one and chaos card one are all really good and best of all don't replace item unlocks since they go into the pickup pool. scythes are good too