Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Still can't figure out why they didn't subtitle it Afterbirth. I mean jfc it writes itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Holy poo poo Soy Milk fuckin owns. It gives you a machine gun of low-damage tears. You can trap pretty much any moving single target enemy and neuter them completely. It just takes ten million years to kill them.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Also sick:Dark Bum. Eats red hearts and spits out spirit hearts.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Just got a kinda neat spacebar item called flush that seems to drop poop on every enemy in the room, killing them instantly. Forgot I had it and only used it once on some flies, so not sure how it interacts with tougher enemies.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
IANAP But can't they get the game to generate a checksum (to ensure the files are unmodded) before submitting a score to leaderboard?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Turbo looks crappy. Maybe as a random chance per room with broken stopwatch, but all hard runs running like that would not be a fun time.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I do like the button idea for spawning enemies or consumables, though. It'd a fun little option that's entirely within your power to take or leave.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
scum egg has insanely good luck, it's true. He rarely leaves the first floor without 15 coins and a row of spirit hearts.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

IMJack posted:

It forces double treasure rooms, but without it there's still a small chance to get a double treasure room.

looks kinda like a white Venus Fly Trap to me, but my eyesight is garbage.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Max Peck posted:

Two Dead Cats do not count as two Guppy items. I'll admit I'm not surprised, but I'm still disappointed.

How'd you get the same cat piece twice?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Purely out of curiosity: Are D6/D10/D100 re-rolls also predetermined by the seed, or are they strictly randomly determined at the moment of use?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Just found a "dice shard" that acts as a consumable (pill/card slot) D6 and D20, and "Glass Cannon" spacebar item with constant recharge that shoots a single gigantic tear.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Um... Scatter Bombs + Sad Bombs + Brimstone = Bombs which explode into 3 or 4 more bombs, each of which shoot brimstone lasers in every direction. :wow:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

So It Goes posted:

Wait daily challenges natural progression just ends at Mom's foot (barring items or whatever)? That is so incredibly lame, it's almost unbelievable to me they would poo poo on daily challenges so hard. What the hell is the point of that? That's so stupid.

source your quotes

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Purple Prince posted:

Does anyone else find Lilith a whole lot harder than most other characters? I'm not sure if it's her low (permanent) starting health or her weird method of firing, but something about her makes me die a lot more than I would with anyone else.

It's a brand new character with unusual mechanics in an expansion pack full of new enemies and challenges that's been out for about 6 hours; give it some time you drat nerd.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I always try to use ithe chaos card like a blue candle (activate it and then chose a direction to fire) and end up throwing it harmlessly into a wall.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Every character has a gimmick of some sort. Maggie is slow but tanky, some others have transformations, others have spirit hearts only etc.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
So when can I get Isaac for my phone and do a daily on my commute to work every day? cause that's my poo poo right there.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Night Danger Moose posted:

It's on the new 3DS if that's your jam.
I dont want to look like i'm playing games in public. I'm not some kinda autist after all :wotwot:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Sanctum posted:

But bumbo is such a bad item in isaac. :(

Same as level 3 meat boy, by the time you get the full bumbo you are far enough in the game that his contact damage isn't relevant. I wouldn't even take bumbo if he started at his max coin level without requiring any coins. He's a troll bomb making GBS threads familiar that's exactly as useless as meat boy with his contact damage.

Fight me

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
tbf bumbo did kill me with a bomb on mega satan once but i know he means well so i don't blame him.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I always thought Lost would be a more interesting character if, instead of the Holy Mantle or 1-hit-kills, it started with 12 "ghost hearts" that can never be replenished or replaced by any method at all. So you can still take hits, can use them to pay for devil deals, but you can't pick up red hearts, health upgrades, or spirit/demon hearts.
The challenge now being to get through the game taking less than 24 hits (fewer if going to womb and below) and kind of gambling on what you can afford to spend on devil deals. It also lets you soak up some of those bullshit unavoidable damage situations.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I just feel like if I want to play a super overpowered run I can just start as Isaac, Judas, or Azazel. I like to play something more dicey sometimes, but Lost with Holy Mantle feels almost too easy.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

IUG posted:

Get a job

Don't do this. I fell for it and it's loving garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I've noticed a lot of new room types recently too. I wonder if they did a quiet update to the room types, or they're on some kinda timer to unlock or whatever.