Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

SystemLogoff posted:

Also, It may come out for the 3DS and the WiiU. There have been hints on the hidden videos on the blog posts!

Has Nintendo relaxed on this at all? I know they declined having the original on the 3DS but they seem to have been willing to do more mature stuff now, Bayonetta 2 being a pretty key example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

If you guys are into the speed running/racing community, Richard_Hammer and CobaltStreak are going to be playing and streaming Rebirth 24/7 in shifts until they 100% the game.

Why would I watch that when I'm basically gonna be doing that myself? Minus the streaming of course. :v:

It's silly but this is one of the only games I've had genuine childish hype for in a long, long time.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

drunken officeparty posted:

I wonder if there are going to be new sins bosses. He covered all 7 already so I don't know how there would be more, but I also don't see there not being new miniboss sins.

Well there's obviously the seven sins and the seven super sins but only Ultra Pride so he could probably add a few more tiers there for all of them? Super, ultra, alpha, omega, etc?

Dugong posted:

Do we know if we will be able to preload this? I have a job interview on the 4th and then a 3 hour train home so I might attempt to play but I'm not sure how much time I will get between the before the train.

It's probably not gonna be that massive so I doubt you'll be able to preload, that's for poo poo that's like 5+ gigs.
Edit: Yeah, I just looked and the game is 449 mb so even if you only have a few minutes you'll be fine.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
One thing they really need to address in Rebirth is the D6. Unlocking it is a challenge but Isaac is just too loving good with it. I could see giving him the D20 to reroll hearts and keys and stuff to give him an advantage but turning The Poop into Mom's Knife (extreme example) is way, way too powerful.

Met posted:

I was playing the other day and got The Box as a reward for beating the first boss. It's no health boost but I didn't find it to be complete garbage.

It gave me Cancer though.

I'm fine with the Box or Pagent Boy being restricted to maybe the first two floor when getting that kind of boost is good. Maybe isolate them to secret rooms so they don't pollute the pool of needed items?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Oberleutnant posted:

Still can't figure out why they didn't subtitle it Afterbirth. I mean jfc it writes itself.

That'll be the expansion. First there's the rebirth and then the afterbirth.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Ah, thank you. I remembered that LP but I Forgot who did it though.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

dis astranagant posted:

Why do runners go out of their way to not pick up soul hearts til the end of the floor?

Curse rooms. You don't wanna waste a soul heart for nothing basically.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Choco1980 posted:

Sometimes I think the RNG hates me. I've been playing the game since WotL dropped, and tonight was the first time I'd ever seen Teratoma in action. Really.

I have still never seen Triachnid :(

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
It really depends on how bullshit/RNG unlocking stuff is. No damage stuff is one thing but praying for a book of revelations on an early floor to do all the horsemen, Ultra Pride, etc there's little you can do to force any of that stuff to happen.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Has Ed had any word about modding the game?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

CJacobs posted:

Watchin' this cobaltstreak guy complain like a baby and man he needs to comb his beard.

He really needs to shave that lovely beard if anything.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Anyone else not having unlocks trigger? I've beaten Mega Satan with Cain, the Cathedral with Judas and Mom's Heart with ??? but I've not gotten anything for it. Same oddity happened with Dark Boy. I unlocked it in game but no Steam achievement.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Anyone else find Dingle to be an early run-killer? His shots after he summons the little chocolate drop guys come out way too fast, and he seems to be able to go directly into a triple dash right after that.

The best strategy I found for him is to leave any poops intact in the room and hide behind one as soon as he starts dashing. He'll bounce off of it and once he gets winded you'll get some free hits.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

SuicideSnowman posted:

Man the Suicide King challenge is really testing my patience.

The bosses are easy. It's when they throw you in a room with 20 little spiders surrounded by rocks that it gets a tad obnoxious.

Why not just bomb a door and ignore the enemies? I really wish they would have called that challenge "Stop Hitting Yourself" instead of Suicide King, seems like it'd be more fitting.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Yeah, I keep seeing these complaints about how it doesn't explain itself, and it's just retarded. Anyone with half-decent critical thinking skills should be able to figure out what any of the items in the game do by playing around with them.

Fortunately this time around far as I can tell items actually do what they say, unlike Toothpicks and a few others I can't remember from the original.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
One pathetically small complaint I have is that I don't like Mom's voice near as much this time around. It just sounds too... digital? In the original it really sounded like some fat, crazy evangelical to me.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Lasher posted:

Determined to have a good run with the blue baby. Sitting here hung over pumping away at it and every run has been just god awful.

I've had the same issue, minus the hangover part today. I can get demon begger and more spirit hearts than I know what to do with on any other character but goddamn it blue baby just keeps loving me over every time :argh:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Darth Windu posted:

Why do you want to die as fast as possible?

When Lazarus respawns he has an additional effect. Poison trail I believe?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Are there any different unlocks for hard mode clears?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

flatluigi posted:

Does anyone have that list of requirements for the regular secret room? I know things have changed since the original.

I've noticed that you need to be able to enter it from any side without needing to destroy additional terrain or fly. That's probably the biggest way to figure out where one isn't I found.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Got a run going as Blue Baby and I found the Wafer AND The Relic. Then I picked up Tiny Planet :suicide:.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Irony Be My Shield posted:

They were always like that I'm pretty sure, I remember them doing exactly the same in the original.

I'm just insanely happy that the Greed head's and the flies from corny poop got HP nerfs. It was absolutely absurd how much punishment they used to be able to take.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Magres posted:

I really wish Rebirth had fewer horribly crippling items :smith:

Honestly I'd say that Rebirth has significantly fewer trash-tier items compared to BoI and especially Wrath.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
How does blue fly and spider damage scale? I've had them get so absurdly powerful that even with my tears doing decent damage they've annihilated every room in the chest, including ???, in about ten seconds max.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Magres posted:

One thing I miss from the original: The ending music. Jesus Loves Me This I Know all slowed down and out of tune was delightfully disconcerting.

This, Mom's old voice and the old dime sound effect are the things I miss the most.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: How do I unlock the negative?

Beat Satan five times.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Is there a chance Demon Begger is gonna get nerfed? That little bastard is just way, way too good as is and if you get Humbling Bundle or anything at all that makes extra hearts show up at all it's basically an instant won run.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it legit already was nerfed. used to give soul hearts on a 1:1 ratio which was hilarious given the cost to get it.

Jesus :psypop: I don't know how you could even balance it to be honest. My best guess is to give it diminishing returns perhaps? First soul heart for 2 red hearts, then three, etc to infinite.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

VDay posted:

Guess they'll just have to leave it as is and people will have to keep having fun runs with it.

The tragedy.

Eh, I'm not trying to be a fun wrecker or anything but it just seems a little too good in its current state and that if it was tweaked slightly it could still be just as fun and as much of a run winner but not quite such a faceroll all on its own.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

If you don't notice, look in the lower right.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Cobalt60 posted:

I really hate these posts and I don't understand why you make them, hth

They basically strike me as fanfic to be honest :v: There's a line between some vague ideas for items or tweaks and whatever the hell they are.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
That ending you get for beating The Dark is so strangely :smith: and reverses the entire tone of the game basically.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Power of Pecota posted:

Also the all champions version of the Boss Rush is bullshit, the Carrion Queen who poops little hearts has an obscene amount of health and the black scythes Death uses blend in like completely with the dungeon floor.

I'd rather deal with the champion Carrion Queen to be honest. No regenerating red poops to worry about.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Ghost Head posted:

gently caress whore of babylon is complete trash. I wonder if it's any different to how it was in the original game. It gives such a pathetic damage bonus. I bet on it at the start of my Blue Baby run and it just completely let me down damage-wise.

Yeah, no offense but you're just wrong here.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Broken Cog posted:

Bob's brain just carried me through Cat got your tongue, so I'm now firmly in the Bob's brain fanclub.

Edit: Only Purist left now. I suppose there's no real "Strategy" for that challenge?

Pray for something good in a secret room. I know that in the original BoI I got Dr. Fetus on Basement 1 and that was pretty much gg.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Toiwat posted:

How is it possible that I was so poo poo at the original and yet I'm not that bad at Rebirth?

I'm in a similar boat. I was pretty bad at the original but I can get nearly consistent wins now. I think it's that Normal is a bit easier and it also helps that the game doesn't run like dogshit anymore either.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
The D4 is such an amazingly fun item. It was my first treasure on the first floor as ??? and it carried me to a win against ???.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Kurtofan posted:

Had a weird thing happens, the bottle of pills started to give me cards and only cards.

I had the Card holder with me if it helps (the thing that lets you carry two items).

Card holder turns all pills into cards. Conversely the pill bag turns all cards into pills. I think runes get changed as well but I'm not sure.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Tollymain posted:

yes, i too enjoy being locked out of opportunities by the rng

Basically this. I don't mind the item drops being stingier or harder to come by, forcing smart play but it feels really lovely just how bad the drop rate is sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Ignite Memories posted:

Guys which one should I pick?

All of them :getin: