Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ChibiSoma posted:

PS4 Trophy List - 59 in total. 2 silvers, 2 golds.

All the no-damage achievements are back... and now there's one for The Chest/Dark Room. So that'll be fun. :cry:

At least there's no no-damage achievement for Sheol or the Cathedral!

Doesn't seem to be a "beat Blue Baby / mystery dark room boss" achievement for any chars either, though, except for the Lost Poster.

. . . Suddenly I'm incredibly worried about what the Lost Poster will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Isn't that how they are in current BoI? if they arent then holy poo poo i have no idea how i managed to get those cheevos.

Basement and Caves were piss-easy until Wrath came out. Womb wasn't too bad either, probably third easiest.

Depths was always the hard one but the Wrath version made it incredibly difficult.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ShadeofDante posted:

Just as a heads up the Steam version will apparently have a whopping 178 achievements! :stare:

:vince:

Well, there goes my productivity. Like, forever.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

NoUU posted:

There's an item that lets you shoot Death's scythes :vince:

Now imagine that with Brimstone.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

CJacobs posted:

Wow, Azazel is bugged in TWO ways. His black hearts don't count as regular hearts OR soul hearts, meaning getting hit doesn't take away from the X Boy achievements. I just got Basement Boy as Azazel even though I got hit like 3 times.

Quick, get Dark Boy before it's too late!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'm guessing this teleport item has taken My Reflection's place on the throne of bad items.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Yes. Yes it does.

I can't wait to see what happens to Larry Junior.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Most annoying boss to me is Mega Fatty. He's usually super easy, except for when he suddenly just lunges and hits you before you can even move. Considering how telegraphed most of his moves are and how he already has a high jump, the lunge always manages to get me.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Anyone mind sharing how to unlock the alternative basement floor? I got Catacombs before Cellar and that just doesn't feel right.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Anyone else tempted to just spell poo poo in the seed generator and see what comes out? I might try seeing what GOTO HELL or DICK BUTT generates.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Not allowed :smith:

Wait, really? What requirements are there for seeds?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Kaethela posted:

You can't use the letters I, O, U or V in seeds.

So we can spell words, just not with those letters.

There goes the gently caress TITS seed. And pretty much anything involving poo poo or poop, a shame since that's 99% of the game.

Does HELL BABY work?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Oh so it's specific seeds. That makes sense.

Maybe Time Fcuk. It was another McMillen game after all.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

13/f/cali posted:

Small thing I just noticed: Spectral tears no longer make it harder to shoot poops and flames. I guess that was never by design but rather just one of the limitations of the original game.

They also don't affect technology lasers as a Spirit of the Night and Technology 2 combo taught me.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Fancy Hat! posted:

I may not have played enough to notice, but do Pill Descriptions carry between sessions?

No. They're like potions in Nethack, where you find the effect for the run duration only.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Comrade Flynn posted:

Is Cain's lucky foot broken or something? Just got a negative pill.

They nerfed it so the PHD wouldn't be useless anymore.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Your Computer posted:

I'm preeeeetty sure that it's all randomized per game. I've gotten exploding red ones, bullet blue ones, fly-giving green ones, etc.

Your game may be bugged then, because its been really consistent for mine. Red turns meaty and respawns, green leaves a creep trail, olive green moves faster, violet spits out an extra bullet, powdery blue explodes into bullets, etc. etc.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Turns out I'm not alone in my problem. More people have The Catacombs and The Necropolis than The Cellar. I'm starting to wonder if there's just some super rare boss fight I'm not seeing instead of Dingle, Monstro, Larry,and Gemini.

Maybe its Widow. I know I fought The Hollow one time.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 6, 2014

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

PostNouveau posted:

Big rooms own. Pretty much all of them are fun, unless they have those little statues that never ever stop spitting bullets.

gently caress those things. I can dodge them when running outwards but I'm pretty sure its literally impossible to dodge into them.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

SystemLogoff posted:

I thought Dingle was terrible until I learned his tells.

1. Little Tune -> Spit/Babies
2. Smile -> Spit
3. Frown -> Jump at you three times.

Dingle is only really bad when he spits right after summoning his poobabies. Sometimes its safe to open fire but usually he shoots too drat fast.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

RatHat posted:

Apparently to unlock the real final boss you need to bomb two Angels and collect 2 halves of a key. Then you bring it to the chest to fight the boss. The boss is Mega Satan and the fight sounds nuts.

:vince:

Holy gently caress.

I wish I wasn't so rusty. Still need to trounce the Heart but I REALLY want to see some of this stuff.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Dark Bum is terrible when you have a lot of heart containers and few drops. Every item has its niche, and with how low the drop rates can go it certainly isn't a total instant victory.

Also if the above poster is right I guess I'm kissing my chances of real platinum god goodbye.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Kanfy posted:

Maze is the dumbest curse, it doesn't actually do much of anything but having to run through the same room thrice because you end up where you started from is the worst.

Imagine a combo of Maze and the old Curse of Darkness. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

President Ark posted:

You can get the old Curse of Darkness effect with Amnesia pills.

Also, :gonk: what is wrong with you

:getin:

Nothing is wrong and everything is terrible.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

pumpinglemma posted:

Sup, fellow Cain buddy. :( Is it just me or has basically everything good about the character been removed, making him a slightly worse version of non-D6 Isaac? He no longer has his increased attack power or his increased speed. He no longer gets guaranteed good pills. He no longer gets guaranteed payouts on the fortune teller machines. And his health is still reduced. What does the Lucky Foot even do now?

Wait, seriously? I have yet to unlock him but man he was my favorite.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Does the head still count as a hitbox? If not its probably at least a huge helpful shield.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Want to know what's cool? Mutant Spider on Azazel, letting me practically inhale the boss rush room.

Want to know what isn't? Collecting my prize and realizing it's Technology.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Hard Mode seems interesting. It's less everything is harder and more attrition strategies will not work. The enemies take longer to kill so you can't hope to DPS race them, and with less hearts dropping its harder to facetank.

Of course, there's the bullshit moments when it screws you out of a key. Those are never fun.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Guys I found an insane seed I want to share with you all. IQ4D ME9Y gave me Quad Shot on an Azazel run. On the first room. Then it gave Dark Bum in the first devil room. A later Devil Room gave The Nail, as well as The Wafer for damage protection after the boss rush. I dominated the crap out of The Womb and if not for having so few Mom kills I would've been able to destroy Sheol atop a pile of soul hearts.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Does Hard really matter much for [spoilerThe Lost? All hose heart spawns mean nothing when you die in one hit anyway, and Devil Rooms spawn a ton and give your lots to work with even if keys won't drop.[/spoiler]

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

VDay posted:

Doesn't moving the Ludo tear/beam/knife around knock you out of the rock state and counts as "moving"?

It does, but it still stays a tear when you aren't.

Pop it where Mom's Heart sits, or where Satan' usually hovering, or on one of Mom's doors, and trivialize entire phases of the fight while waiting.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

BJPaskoff posted:

I'm still not used to the reduced invulnerability time in general in Rebirth. I keep getting hit twice because I dodge into bullets thinking that I'll just absorb them in my invulnerability frame, and that doesn't go well.

It probably doesn't help that brimstone lasts just long enough to hit twice. So many good runs ruined when I get cocky and try to power through a brimstone shot and score a few extra hits.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Man everyone's saying this game's so much easier and yet I've been having downright atrocious luck at it compared to original Isaac. Probably because I'm used to having way more room to exploit invincibility frames and classic Cain.

Closest I've had to getting my old main's power back is HoB-mode Eve, and she dies in literally one hit with the drought of soul hearts I've been getting.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Anyone complaining about Dingle when Gurdy "No Telegraph No Animation Just Open Mouth and Ping-Pong Around Room" Jr. is in this game honestly confuses me.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

goodness posted:

Gurdy is one of the easier bosses. As soon as she dips her head in, just strafe to a different compass point. Never get hit again. Dingle is arguably harder than Gurdy.

Gurdy Jr., not Gurdy. Gurdy herself depending on my movespeed and attentiveness ranges from really easy to a bit annoying.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Speaking of the Gurdy family, thoughts on the Gurdlings and Mama Gurdy? The former seem kinda annoying but weak enough to be not so troubling when they start filling floors on later levels, and I haven't encountered Mama enough to really make any assumptions.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
If we're talking Ludovico, I'm just gonna say this now. Do NOT take it into the boss rush room.

Bosses are hectic. Big rooms are hectic. Combining them both turned my winning Judas run into a terrified scramble for survival as I had to run away from bosses while also keeping track of my ridiculous tear.

It was all fine and dandy until I got to Death and War. Tracking myself, my tear, the scythes, the charges, the Knights, and the troll bomb was just too much. It felt so, so good cheesing both Infamy and Bloat, though.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Well I just had a hilariously overpowered Judas run where fear tears, flight, a scapegoat mulligan, and the Holy Mantle lead to me almost never getting hit. How does the game repay me when I try to take an Eden victory lap?

Tiny Planet and max range. Say what you will about the Planet's usual bad range, at least you can reliably hit with that. This was just a mess of tears everywhere.

The Haunt showed up to rub my failure in my face.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

AnonSpore posted:

If used on the first floor it takes you back up to your room and then Mom kills you. :v:

That'd be a fun little easter egg. Just a reskinned version of the Mom bossfight to look like its in Isaac's room, and an "uh woops I think she's really dead" ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ChibiSoma posted:

Getting better with The Lost, inasmuch as you can get better with him. I've reached Mom a few times... unfortunately, once you have to start dodging poo poo from that many sides at once, it becomes nigh impossible. Also just had a Mom's Knife/Book of Shadows run end on Depths 1. Maybe the most frustrated I've ever been with a game. I can't get anywhere even with on-demand invincibility, for gently caress's sakes.

I want Bisnap to hit this point in his save(s). I want to see how someone who's actually burned knowledge of the game (like damage multipliers and poo poo) to memory handles this garbage.

I also want to know who the hell started the myth that the Goat Head prevents stomp damage, because that's straight up a lie. I've tested it with The Lost! Figured what the hell, I'm gonna reach Satan at some point down the line, I should find out for myself before I reach him. So I entered the Mom fight and let her get the initial stomp off. Needless to say, that run was not a success.

The difference is that mom's "stomp" is actually a bomb explosion cleverly hidden behind her model. I think the stomps the goat head is said to prevent are things like Leapers jumping on top of you, but I'm not sure about that.