Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I had a possibly life changing October, in a good way so maybe Im the exception to that rule. Im also glad to know that chope is adiabatic since he is a good snapper. I didnt see the lawn mowing one though and Im sad about that since I mow lawns for a living. Snapchat is so buggy so Im not surprised that I missed it.

e: Im shitfartasspoop on snapchat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

Dick pics don't happen unless you specifically ask for them.

Is this a challenge?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm game.

last one to a trashed rearend buys the beer

Ive already seen yours many times, I need some new dicks.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

BraveUlysses posted:

Last week my WRX had a monster radiator blowout on the plastic part at the top of the radiator. ordered a mishimoto all aluminum radiator with 1 day delivery from amazon.

So they botched the saturday delivery, and sunday...but said they would get it to me monday.

Got home and found TWO radiators on my doorstep :ninja:

I just got another set of Stitch pajamas today in the mail for some reason. Got the one I used for Halloween like a month ago so I have no idea what happened, just checked Amazon and I definitely was only charged for one :shrug: I wish it was 2 radiators!

Anyone want to buy some Stitch pajamas? If not there going in my secret santa package :greatgift:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Sitting at the DMV right now for the 56 International, hopefully its not a huge pain in the rear end with such an old truck.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I got the plates for the 56! I was worried it was going to be a hassle because of the age and how long its been off the road plus probate and everything but that part went smooth. Then as soon as I got up to the window the printers in the entire DMV went down and I didnt think it was going to happen. I planned on waiting there until the printers started working or the cops took me away.

e: Motronic thats beautiful

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

There's an interesting old guy who's lived on my street for years. He's got a beater old E30 and some kind of well-worn old Chevy truck set up for camping trips. When he moved there, he was constantly outside tinkering on that beat up old BMW - it's a piece of poo poo, but you could tell how much he loves it. His garage is the ownage kind that barely has enough room to move because it is filled with tool chests and grinders and manuals. I didn't see him for awhile, and then one day he was back outside in a robe, with an IV stand, hovering over the open hood of the e30. I stopped to say hi and apparently he'd suffered a couple of bad strokes, but was okay and still tinkering. I saw him less and less, but today I was driving home in my E46 and saw his hood up/door open, so I pulled up to say hi again.

Poor old guy was just sitting in the driver's seat looking pale and weak as hell, with a dogeared old manual on his lap. I asked him how the BMW was running; he said he couldn't get it started. I offered a jump, but he has a new battery in it and suspects the starter solenoid. I offered to help him smack it with a rubber mallet, and he laughed and insisted otherwise, despite my repeated offers. We shared a joke about German cars and I told him to come get me if he ever needs a hand with poo poo.

I drove my E46 home and parked it next to my well-worn old Jeep set up for camping trips; the glimpse into the future was not lost on me. Seeing him sitting there all pallid and weak bummed me the gently caress out. Age is a motherfucker, swap axles and do dumb AI stuff before it's too late dudes.

I love this story but it makes me sad :smith:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Stop by my house and Ill get it out for you, I have tons of sharp things :getin:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

What I usually do is cut a slit lengthwise along the splinter and drag it out with the razor blade. Works every time.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I have paper towels and electrical tape if its a bleeder, no worries.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Pretty much every Friday still. No goons tonight but Ace and kastein are pretty regular.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yes, slow is fast posted this on SACs facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9wt5fBX1MM

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Sorry about your uncle adiabiatic. That sucks really bad. Im really close to my uncle, hes the old guy with the beard in some of the pics in my thread. I couldnt imagine if something happened to him. Condolences, man :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

My 2014 wasnt too bad besides a bad breakup and a slow business year but I try to stay optimistic. Im just glad none of my pets died or no one I know got cancer or died this year :smith:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Aww man 13 Inch, thats so sad and lovely for you :( Sorry dude. I just went through the same thing with my ex this last year, the girl I was with when I was out your way earlier this year. Some of the things that went wrong with us are scarily similar to your situation. Ill get in touch with you next time I have a chance, maybe later today, so you can vent to me if you want.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Voltage posted:

I've realized I actually have no local friends anymore :sigh: I moved to NYC with the girlfriend( well, new rochelle but we both work in the city so whatever same poo poo) and a few of my old friends from highschool live here, but they all flaked out several times we were supposed to hang out. It's not like I'd really have time to hang out anyways, but it just kind of sucks :\. Also blows not having any work space for my car/bike, but I guess thats why I sold all my beaters and got new(er) poo poo.

The city owns pretty hard otherwise though.

Next time we have an NEAI meet you should come up and hang out, were all friendly and not toooo goony, haha.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Maybe its time for another ACVW. That will keep you occupied and give you a place to redirect your rage.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

keykey posted:

Just found out my great uncle died and so it has came to pass that the last one of his generation in our family is gone. At least he published a book on his experiences on WW2 in Iwo Jima and other places in and around Japan including getting malaria and having a pet monkey while stationed in the Philippines after his malaria days. Dude was awesome.

Aww man, sorry dude that sucks. Im really close with my great aunt and uncle and I dread the day I lose them. Your uncle sounds like he was a cool dude. Mine is too, he worked on the US space program from the beginning until the late 80s and hes one of the smartest guys I know.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I have both an 8N and 9N and a spare flathead that we took out of my friends 48...

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

blk posted:

I was at my local Kroger colony today and impulse bought a Hot Wheels car to throw in with my secret santa gift. I normally self-checkout but the line was long so I went to a regular checkout. The clerk asked me "Shall I bag this up or would you like me to leave it out for you to play with on your ride home?" I said: "Thanks man, no bag - that IS my ride home." There was an overweight old man behind me who started guffawing, then laughing really loud, like a literal "HAW HAW HAW," and he reached out to brace himself while he held his gut laughing, and fell and hit his head on the edge of the conveyor belt on the check out counter before falling backwards into the rack of tabloids and candy. He was bleeding from the mouth and I was worried his organs were finally giving up until I saw the teeth on the floor. I hope you're happy, Secret Santee - someone paid full price in flesh for your gift.

Oh my god, hahahaha, that guy rules. Best story Ive heard in a while.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

So 2014 might be looking up for me. I do some work for one of my customers on his old cars when there is something he cant do. He loves cars and knows a little about them but hes not much of a mechanic so he calls me when he needs something. I got his 48 Buick Roadmaster back running and stopping a few years back when he wanted to sell it, stuff like that. He just retired and hes fairly well off and wants to flip old cars for profit and he wants to hire me to both figure out what we could make money on and to do all the mechanical work. If it works out its seriously a dream come true. I told him last night the best thing to do it get stuff from the south and west to bring back here to the Northeast and said he will fund it. I have a meeting with him on Dec 4th to go over the details some more. Definitely going to need some help from goons local to anything I find to go look at the car and pay a finders fee. I'm soooooo stoked!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Its going to be old collectible cars so I hope people wont buy something like that and ruin it in the winter here.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I dont even have a fart pipe on any of my cars. Im living a lie :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I didnt do the cam seals on my EJ25 since they werent leaking and so far so good.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

kastein posted:

Roll the dice. Do you trust your ability to do seals without boogering them up? I didn't, and they looked like they weren't leaking, so I left em the gently caress alone, then they started leaking a month later :downs:

I did the TB what, 2 years ago or whatever it was when I put the Sams engine in. No leaks yet but I probably just jinxed myself.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Oh god, ask me about the rear intake gasket on the C10. I think I replaced it 5 times so far, this time seems to be holding up so far since its been more than a week since Ive done it.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

So since I was trying to be optimistic about 2014 my great, great aunt died on Sunday which isnt that crazy since she was 95 and had Alzheimers for 4-5 years. She was the nicest, sweetest person in the whole world and it sucks but we knew it was coming.

Then yesterday my dad totalled his 2009 Roush 427R Mustang. It only had a little over 10k miles on it and if hes telling me the truth he wasnt even loving around with it at the time. He spun out though and crashed backwards through the median and then spun around and crashed the front into a tree. Its so, so totalled.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Raluek posted:

You mean the rear china wall? I thought the conventional wisdom was to just discard the gasket and use a big gob of RTV in its place.

Oh I tried that too, its just been nothing but sadness until this time. I made my own gaskets out of cork and glued them down with indian head shellac, let that dry then put the intake on and let it dry again, then torqued it down. So far so good!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Well my dad still has the 85 5.0 I sold him years ago so depending on what happens with insurance the SC 4.6 from the Roush might go into that, which would be tits on a ritz.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Raluek posted:

drat, dude, that sucks. It could have been a lot worse, so I'm glad that was all that happened. Bright side is it looks like there's a spot in the stable for a new GT350.

Sorry about your great great aunt, but at least you got to prepare yourself for it. Doesn't make it really any less hard, though.

E: VVVV Do you have working PCV? Sounds kind of like the crankcase is over-pressurizing or something.

Yea I actually put in a PCV system. Its an old block that had a road draft tube but I converted it.

e: Im just glad my old man is ok, with that car and the way he gets carried away it could have been much much worse.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Raluek posted:

Yeah that's why I asked. Hmm, I got no idea then. I guess it holds, so who cares, right?

What's involved in blocking off the road draft tube? I guess someone's probably made a plug or something that bolts on there. My PO just hacked off all but like 6" of the tube, then stuck a PCV valve in the valve cover and called it good. No wonder it spat oil all over everything.

Hah, it was a project. I found a rubber stopper that fit into the hole where the RDT went into the block and cut a hole to put the PCV valve into the rubber stopper. It doesnt sound like a big deal now but finding just the right size stopper took some time. Then I just hooked the PCV hose to the same spot on the carb that the vacuum brakes would have hooked to. My brakes are manual.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

iForge posted:

I was a bit late to the game but since the bills are all done, get yourself a nice steak dinner or something on me. Or lots of booze, w/e. :v:

Yea Im late too but I gave enough to buy a couple 6 packs of Lagunitas since that beer is my and 13 inches bond.

e: and like a big jerk he can get the Sumpin Sumpin Wild over there on the west coast and Im jealous. Its been like a year since I could buy it here :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Raluek posted:

Oh yeah, you have the early valve covers, too. I guess there's no difference between the brake inlet and pcv one? I think they both get manifold vacuum. Guess that works out, since the PB inlet is even on the rear of the carb on Edelbrocks. Good deal.

Yea I have the no-holes valve covers with the tall oil fill on the front of the manifold and both just get straight manifold vacuum.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That would be completely obscene. Hope your dad feels up to it, he's probably gonna be hurting tomorrow.

He said hes not hurting, not physically :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving fuckers! Have some lemurs I stole from the cute thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXYfaxfTK-g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Changing the water outlet on the back of the motor in my friends brothers A4. I already removed some stuff and I still cant even see it. Gonna be shitfuck cuntrocket to change the drat thing. gently caress you Audi.

Sorry about your friend Ryhno, that really sucks :(

• Locked thread