Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

IamnotJoe posted:

What like a pony or is a miniature horse different?

It’s a cultural thing. If you ask a biologist, they’ll say there’s no difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If they’d left it up longer, someone with a mobility scooter would have crashed into it. I guarantee it.

Some of the employees at that Wal★Mart are too young to remember 9/11.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

"There are two potential ways of doing it: one is to give intravenous ethanol through a drip, but that is not available in all hospitals. There is also nothing wrong with supplying that alcohol via the gastro-intestinal tract, which is what they've chosen to do in this circumstance, and that's a well established treatment. If the patient's awake they can just drink it."

They should have put it up his butt. Acts faster that way.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Regrettable posted:

A little late, but this doesn't seem that weird to me. If you're going to a nudist beach and don't intend to be nude yourself, you're probably a loving pervert.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zero One posted:

Reading the article it was a group of teenage boys so... yes they were there to perv on naked people.

wow prejudiced

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

chitoryu12 posted:

So do the bakers lie down in beds made up to look like sacks of anthrax disguised as flour or something?

This, but intentionally.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Collateral Damage posted:

You can google "<any state/country> man news" and silly headlines will come up. I think Florida Man just beat everyone else to becoming a meme.

Florida’s police records are unusually open. That’s a major contributing factor.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXuc7SAyk2s

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Okay, but why in a clinic?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The President gave himself up for the time being to entering his fiancee.

Washington Post, 9 October 1915

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

50% of the time, windmills turn flour back into grain.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lime Tonics posted:

Man stops at In-N-Out drive thru during police chase

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/213949207-story

Stopping at a drive‐thru is one thing, but In‐N‐Out? The line’s always around the block.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Venezuela's currency value depends largely on one guy at an Alabama Home Depot

He’s a dissident with asylum in the U.S.. His day job at Home Depot has nothing to do with it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
How do you question a parrot? Will the prosecutor be allowed to treat it as hostile?

How do you cross examine a parrot? :psyduck:

What I’m saying is that a parrot is more like a piece of evidence than a witness.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rollersnake posted:

"clbuttic bluegrbutt music"

Buttbuttin’s Creed

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s a (bad) play on “The Golden Arches Theory of Conflict Prevention”

quote:

No two countries with McDonald’s have ever gone to war with each other.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Sofia Vergara being sued by her own embryos

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
And You Thought Your Day Was Bad: Suspects Pocket Dial 911, Discuss Plans To Rob Restaurant...Where Police Chief Was Eating

Not Florida. You can tell because these crooks discussed a plan.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Firefighters put on protective clothing to catch erection spider

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

swamp waste posted:

That isa big deal because he's been waging a superviolent robocop style crackdown on drugs, while on drugs

That is such a 2015 mindset.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Oxford comma changes nothing here.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Aesop Poprock posted:

It looks like it just pulled up super close to the gate to back into a loading dock

The better question is wtf is up with those zigzag street lines

They indicate that you are approaching a pedestrian crossing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Explorers find disease-cursed City of the Monkey God and nearly lose their faces to flesh-eating parasite

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Largest ever shark was doomed by its taste for dwarf whales

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

uvar posted:

Background on ol' Clive for non-australians:

I am imagining Donald Trump, except he has a leather hat with croc teeth in it.

How close am I?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AlbieQuirky posted:

Pretty sure that was :thejoke:

I thought the joke was that it didn’t happen in the only country that matters.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Local Sports Team's Rooster Detained by Police

I hope the police called this “OPERATION PINCHED COCK”.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Due to inclement weather there's a shortage of iceberg lettuce in most of Northern Europe, so shops have been limiting purchases to 3 per customer in some locations.

This is the most damning thing I have ever heard about Northern Europe, the fact that they eat, and bemoan the shortage of, iceberg lettuce.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 05:47 on Feb 5, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Is the meaning “poo poo is hosed up all ’round” or “analysts are whiny bitches who would be disappointed with Heaven itself?”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lizard Wizard posted:

What makes this weird as opposed to just depressing?

The second hashtag.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

WOMAN SUCKED TO DEATH AT GLORY HOLE

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Owner of a zoo in Cumbria, UK is denied a license after 486 animals die in four years and a zookeeper is killed by a tiger

(not actually the title of the article, but an accurate summary)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sakurazuka posted:

Better than a machete

I was thinking “cutting torch”.

Those are among the few things it is better than.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The whole poem is five lines long. :justpost:

quote:

From my mother's sleep I fell into the State,
And I hunched in its belly till my wet fur froze.
Six miles from earth, loosed from its dream of life,
I woke to black flak and the nightmare fighters.
When I died they washed me out of the turret with a hose.

quote:

A ball turret was a Plexiglas sphere set into the belly of a B-17 or B-24, and inhabited by two .50 caliber machine guns and one man, a short small man. When this gunner tracked with his machine guns a fighter attacking his bomber from below, he revolved with the turret; hunched upside-down in his little sphere, he looked like the fetus in the womb. The fighters which attacked him were armed with cannon firing explosive shells. The hose was a steam hose.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I was going to say that treating “packing for shipment or distribution of” as a single task is nonsensical because “shipment” and “distribution” are nearly synonyms in this context, but that isn’t quite true.

It’s possible to ship something without distributing it, like if you make components of your widget in Factory A and ship to Factory B for final assembly.

People who crated the component for its journey from A to B would be involved in packaging for shipment, but not in packaging for distribution.

Vice versa is also possible, but a little contrived. As I see it, you’d have to have customers come to your facility. Local pickup only; cash & carry.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
2 teen girls shot as Birmingham water balloon fight turns into gun fight at Senior Skip Day

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cythereal posted:

I'm a public librarian and the only thing about this that would surprise me less would be if the book was a Christian romance paperback or an Amish romance (yes, that second one is a genre unto itself and has a serious fanbase).

Go on…

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's like a space Hindenburg in slow-mo.

But it’s not burning.

It’s undergoing a nuclear reaction.

THERE IS AN UNSHIELDED NUCLEAR REACTOR RIGHT OVER THERE! :supaburn:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You think that's bad? We're hurtling through space, with nothing protecting us from the vacuum and deadly radiation other than the air, gravity, and magnetism.

Your tinfoil hat is 99.9999999999997% empty space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Lone Badger posted:

How do you put a leash on a snake? Serious question.