Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Mammal Sauce posted:

Shortly after he is knighted, he snaps and kills Joe Kennedy.

Bobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Mammal Sauce posted:

That was Sirhan Sirhan. Sir Name Surname killed Joe.

Ah ha. What a strange and humous coincidence.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
:perfect:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

... or there are multiple Banksys.

I've often wondered this. I assume there is a collective that anonymously coordinates projects to be done under the brand "Banksy." Or maybe it was like a few copycats in the beginning and became an unofficial shared project, or some poo poo. I don't know. But I definitely think Banksy is a concept rather than a single person.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Huh, 26? Younger than I expected.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Zesty posted:

...gamma-ray sources

Neat! The Hulk makes way more sense now too.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Large age differences can put stress on a relationship.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

trapped mouse posted:

PORK CHOP SANDWICHES

:discourse:

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, it's been around forever. It usually means no shorts, no jeans, collared shirt and no sandals/sneakers.

rodbeard posted:

Casual actually just means you don't need a tie and jacket. It's still far more dressed up than what people typically wear nowadays compared to when you were expected to own a minimum of 2 suits

So what's business casual? I've never heard of "smart casual".

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

jobson groeth posted:

No one ever remembers the bunyip. Poor forgotten bunyip.

Let's not forget the humble Skunk Ape

FreudianSlippers posted:

Are bolo ties formal or casual?

Both? Neither? Cowboy poo poo is hard pin down.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
It's the song Family Reunion from Short Music for Short People, a compilation of 101 30 second punk songs and one of my all time favorite albums. I believe it was also inspired by George Carlin's "7 Words You Can't Say on TV."

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

I always liked that comp for getting silly with the track listing. Following a Black Flag song with a White Flag song with an Anti-Flag song was good.

edit also AFI being in on the joke with their song "Hearts Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More by the Spring of Rage, Despair, and Hopelessness"

23 years and I never thought about that. Haha!

Also, why does my original physical copy and the mp3 ripped from that cd have that track title listed as "Hearts Frozen Soil Sod Once More..."? That doesn't even make any sense and I can't find any explanation online.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

idk about the physical copy, but id3v1 tags could only be 30 characters long

Oh no, I just shortened it to be lazy and focused on the relevant part that was different. I can understand it being a misprint on the insert, but why would it also be that way in the metadata? I'll admit, it's a pretty weak mystery. I just found it odd.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

Didn’t Elon hire a CEO and step away?

Yes but he stayed on as CTO so that he could still meddle. Haha

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Can't park there mate.

(yay, I got to do one!)

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
The last statement in that video; "thoughts and prayers" really has become the political way to say "go gently caress yourself".

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Glad you're ok. I always think about the neighbors in those situations that could easily take a stray bullet from either side. It's really selfish and ignorant.

Anecdote: My wife's abusive ex-boyfriend (from just before we met) decided to hold is parents at gunpoint until the swat team arrived and he could run out into a blaze of gunfire and suicide-by-cop himself. U-S-loving-A, indeed.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Went to church with the grandparents while visiting, and they had a gluten free option during communion. For some odd reason, transubstantiation does not remove the gluten. Darnedest thing.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Marcade posted:

And here I thought Catholics were glutens for punishment.
Methodists don't go as hard.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Harry the Hat strikes again!

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

dr_rat posted:

I say we pick the sensible middle path and that we should chronicle the passage of time, but just do it really badly.
We did, and we're living the dream.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Kantesu posted:

I still love that at some point he lost control of the rights to that book (or something along those lines), and the next people that published it made the "IF" really tiny and like hiding in one of the other letters.
Pretty sure he lost it to Ron Goldman's family. Ron's dad never missed an opportunity to gently caress with OJ when he could, though totally justified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

EasilyConfused posted:

Sounds dope as hell ngl
Same. Had I known before now, I wouldn't have given them so much poo poo. That sounds like a noble calling.