Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

What a depressingly frank thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Svanja posted:

It was depressing voting in Texas and already knowing the outcome, but I won't cry over it.

Same. But no point in drinking yourself to death or getting fat over it either. Get mad, stay mad, wait for poo poo to go mad max on us.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm not drinking tonight. I'm just going to treat it like any other day. Go for a jog, maybe spend some time with the GF if she's not too busy, go to sleep at a reasonable hour.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

pathetic little tramp posted:

Is there any kind of repurcussion for th.. ahahaahahahaahhahaha

I think it's not so much a hard rule as just an agreement to not do so. Still hosed up either way.

e: ah but you already knew this

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Gen. Ripper posted:

The best argument against democracy is the 2014 midterms.

Also all the other elections that came before.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Emanuel Collective posted:

Meanwhile in Illinois

@m_silverberg · 2h 2 hours ago
Wifi for media at the Bruce Rauner party is $50 a pop...

Is that the venue jacking up prices or something the campaign is doing, cus the latter sounds pretty sketchy

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Well the country's probably hosed tonight, so take solace in the only good thing to come out of today:

Awesome except she got totally hosed with.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Thankfully they'll die eventually. And hopefully we don't forget by the then.

Boomers and a lot of Gen X are way worse than the olds.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Reagan still loving us even in death :smith:

We'll be trying to shed his lingering taint for decades yet.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

If it doesn't do us in first

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: MSNBC calls the house for the GOP :siren: :siren: :siren:

Quelle shock!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CrumFUNist! posted:

As of right now, Clay Aiken has the lead on Renee Ellmers. But remember, at one point people thought he would beat Ruben Studdard.

I didn't know you were still around. Feel like I haven't seen you post in ages.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SedanChair posted:

I just skipped many pages because I want to drink in real time. HIGHLIGHT REEL PLEASE

something something face to bloodshed

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

One ray of sunshine here at least. There are a few city charter amendments here aimed out preventing corruption (council can't hire/appoint relatives, can't work with campaign donors on city projects, can't use their office to endorse other candidates or promote projects they have financial interest in, etc) and they're crushing despite a last minute attempt by a real estate PAC (because the worst offenders on the council are all real estate people) to sway poo poo in their favor. Alas the country is boned though, so fat lot of good it'll do

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Statewide numbers in Texas look as bad as everyone expected.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

CNN calls that Abbott wins Texas

大ショック!

At least they had to untie one of their hands this time though.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Skex posted:

This is why the Texas GOP pushed so hard for their voter ID law. They know the Demographics are against them they're just trying to delay the inevitable for as long as they can.

Look for a new round of crazy voter suppression laws just in time to be too late to throw them out before 2016.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Can the dems at least be rid of Debbie Wassereman Schulz now?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Grey Fox posted:

Sure. Who ya got?

A retarded walmart greeter? 8 year old girl? A literal republican who will intentionally work towards losing? pretty sure any of those would be a step up.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Can anyone tell me if living in Aberdeen is total poo poo?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

WDIIA posted:

Remember after 2008 when a ton of smart and cool people in D&D honestly and earnestly believed that that election meant that the Republican party was dead and would never rise again to have any real influence

Because that was something that actually happened in this forum

This is just death throes, promise. - DnD tomorrow morning

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm not watchign but is Chris matthews drunk

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Job Truniht posted:

He gets like this around election time

yeah I haven't watched him since last one but I guess he does get pretty worked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Has anyone seen any turnout numbers yet? I'm looking forward to being depressed about how we're being hosed by like 14% of eligible voters

• Locked thread