Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Simsmagic posted:

hello friends

:stare: what hath runelabs brought
I need one of them orb thingymajiggers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Themata posted:

Anyway, here's January's Poopsock Shaming:

:woo: Still top 50 somehow. Someone kill my avatar plz :shepspends:

Also as requested by one flexing guy: My cit capping.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I'm just gonna leave this here. Since it's Valentine's Day in 9 days. Don't mind the tumblr url.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Themata posted:

Assuming it's true, the tl;dr is Jagex Twitter Support reset the password for a high level account for a pubbie who didn't own it, so high level pubbie got all his poo poo stolen.

Not that authenticator is any good anyway - piece of poo poo constantly asks for a code even if it hasn't been a month, but it didn't stop me when I logged into Pizza Man's account.

Moral of the story: The only security you'll ever need is a password that can't be instantly generated by some password guessing thing. By the time they get it, you'll probably have changed it anyway.
Oh, and I guess P'Lady's Account Hijack-For-Clean-Clan-Banking Service too.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

This is why everyone goes to Big Chin instead of actual hunting:

drat dailies.

Edit: Bonus foiling of Magres' plot.

widespread fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 9, 2015

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

gwrtheyrn posted:

I got the scroll today and cycled all of my gold through unf kwuarms twice and ended up with 400 more kwuarms than I started with

That happens. What ya wanna do is keep making unf kwuarms with the leftovers. Also utilize someone else's portable wells unless you're fine using your own.

Oh, and portable wells give a chance to give you two pots for the price of one- which I believe stacks with the scroll- so go use wells as well.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

Flipping what for what though?

Pouches for shards?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I got bored, RuneScape's hold is weakening on me, et cetera et cetera. So here's "Goons Get Hungry And Murder Each Other For Fun: The Five Day Simulation"

Completely randomized picks, save for admin picks. Not gonna apologize for my deliberate double placement.

Welp, I got screwed badly. And other kills too. Whatever.

yeah eat my amoebic dysentery-infected dick grips >:( loving Pirate's bloodlust, man. And Endy forgetting water, too.

Winner is Pizza Pirate! He wins gently caress all since this is just an RNG thing.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Themata posted:

:stare::stare::stare:

I would've won too if I weren't momentarily confused as to why Pizza Pirate was a District 5 Female! :argh:

And here I thought Magres would be the first to bitch about the gender misplacement. Genders do not matter in the simulation as anyone can win/lose/get killed horribly.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Poonerman posted:

Ugh gently caress, at least I went 3-1.

How the gently caress did Pirate kill everyone on the last day? Laced Kool-Aid?

RNG can be super fickle. Like, holy hell. Made worse by how the advanced version of the simmer has Alliances that eventually mean gently caress-all.
Side note: Has the GE finally stabilized from last week?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Double XP weekend? In MY Runescape?

That somehow got me to check in. Anything I missed besides whatever the gently caress back some years back?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I actually should since I remember Runescape running off a "pay in-game gold to keep premium poo poo" kinda dealio.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

fishmech posted:

Yeah, you can buy bonds on the grand exchange from other players who bought them from Jagex with real money. You then turn them into either membership time or treasure hunter keys (or runecoins if you want those paid cosmetic things).

Ah right. Forgot the exact thing about it. Lemme just see how much they a-

:stonk: Guess I'm back to the Vis Wax Mines.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Foreskin Problems posted:

I might have to start capping for cash. Rushing 99 herb is... expensive.

Extreme ranging :retrogames:

I know I'm rushing for cash right now. Gotta get that bond going so I can make money in a more refined matter.

Though what the hell, I'm still probably gonna jack some Wines of Zamorak because why not it's practically free

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

IncendiaC posted:

Also, what are quick/easy ways to train agility, construction, summon, and farming? I've been trying to finish the useful/pre-req quests but most of them are locked behind relatively high requirements for those skills and there doesn't seem to be a fast way to level them.

Tears of Guthix and the Guthixian Butterflies can train them for you if they're low enough. But they have to be your lowest skill to be trained.

Barring agility, there's also some Distractions and Diversions designed to train skills easier and less "bash your head against the wall until it stops". Definitely go do Beneath Cursed Tides, since that gives you access to the Giant Oyster's area. Also, until 5:00 PM PST today (April 18th), check for some Fayre Basic Tools in your bank because today you can train Magic or Farming at wherever the hell it takes you.

Also farming-related, do the Fairy Tale trilogy. Guarantees no more weeding, plus the fairy rings are very useful for my herb runs so far.

Summoning has Familiarization. It's weekly, so might as well get to it. Plus you can make money off of this via spider eggs and the pouches themselves.

Construction's a bit more tricky. There's really only God Statues, Barlak, and a Harp in Elf City. You're gonna lose a lot of money powerleveling.

On top of that, you also have lamps and stars from TH and other poo poo. Dump them into whatever you want.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Simsmagic posted:

the staff gives infinite earth, fire, and water runes but not air

and yeah the current event doesn't really give great exp for how much each event costs, and if you want rewards the optimal play is to just run the 1 token event repeatedly. and since you only get 100 tokens a day you have to play for ten days straight to actually afford anything decent

optimal shmoptimal just lemme run the bouncy castle a bit

Also a distinct lack of "Hey you missed pal" for the Best Way To Egg Shy.

And also Pickaxe Wanging.

Edit: cabbage_egg_shy dot webm

widespread fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

allta posted:

Shattered worlds: current best update of the year!!! Seriously go try it.

Is that the Anima Mundi stuff? Or also the Mazcab stuff.

Because both are fine, if not a bit tedious at times.