Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I was exploring youtube, and I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8pK4xwHOV0

All I can say is... huh, that's an actual comment from the official Runescape channel, I'm simultaneously amazed and yet not surprised (somehow) that that happened.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Personally, I think that Necromancy is a cool idea, beyond that, I will wait and see. No skill reworks does kinda suck though.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Soulhunter posted:

guys guys guys, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYnzEeIbWjs

I'm done, I'm finally do-

Oh and a little thing called Invention due to hit RuneScape proper at the end of the month

:negative: it never ends

Frankly, the mention of a Necromancy spellbook just makes me curious if any of this new stuff for "old-school" will ever have a version made for a main game. Whilst I certainly greatly look forward to invention, part of me really really wants to be able to do necromancy. Dunno why.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Magres posted:

what the gently caress how is that a thing

If you look closely you can tell it's not an actual smilie here, just a small gif they put in their post.presumably they made it themselves.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Average Bear posted:

What the gently caress happened

The release of the most item sink to have ever item sinked. (expect possibly something related to EVE online).

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Foreskin Problems posted:

Meg is my "waifu"

How could you have such a bad opinion clearly the best Runescape waifu is (insert random NPC of your choice other than meg here).

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Hmmm... controversial but interesting.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Swicky posted:

Scumbags denying me what i'm entitled to

Just remember, though you may find creeping people out to be funny, that still means at least someone is feeling creeped out. Consider how you would feel about being creeped out, and if you really want to inflict that on other people. (The answer is probably yes, the ability to laugh at people trumps such small things as politeness and consideration for how others feel).

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Zodack posted:

A Friend has a video on YouTube of him spending about $5k during a smouldering lamp event and getting every skill to around 98, other than Invention.

Yeah, that counts as a "poo poo ton". Also, science thanks that person for their sacrifice, everyone else (well, most everyone else) ridicules them.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Just did Gower Quest, don't know why I didn't do it sooner.
Never expected all our jokes about the black knight titan's awful graphics to be a plot point...

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Swicky posted:

Been in Runespan since level 1, at 86 right now, I'M LOVING IT

Look on bright side, you're gonna get all those points! Also, you sure you don't wanna trade in the Sliske pieces for an xp lamp?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Swicky posted:

gently caress Sliske

Whilst I agree with this sentiment, I'm surprised anyone would turn down free xp.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

gwrtheyrn posted:

What does filling the thermometer do?

Prevent you from skilling unless you eat an ice cream. There's no point to filling the thermometers just for the sake of filling them, expect to be able to say you did it. It provides literally no benefits.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

fishmech posted:

everything is trained faster

With the exception of "having a life".

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

fishmech posted:

All locks have been removed in the citadel since everything's completed. You can do any of the resources you want now for the rest of the dxp weekend,

I helped!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Agoat posted:

I have relocked every station. Time to go outside, goons.

Seriously? If this is true, I'll go and unlock them myself. You can't deny goons xp during a double xp weekend!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Agoat posted:

They will remain locked the entire weekend

No they won't, I outrank you.

It's okay people, I've made sure all the plots are unlocked! Though admittedly, someone could lock them whilst I sleep. Still, for now, they are safe

Simsmagic posted:

#FreeThePlots
Done

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAxHmIhDZbw

new video about mining/smithing rework posted just now

Well, at least they seem committed to making it good. Suppose it's just a question of if they can pull it off. I for one like the idea of using 99 smithing to make level 90 gear.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
They expressly mention that there will be a 15 year christmas anniversary event, but I understand if you missed it amongst all the other christmas stuff. It is kind of odd that there is only 1 non-christmas update, but I guess since it's an epic finale quest that's okay?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Return and play Sliske's Endgame. I am sure you will find much to enjoy about it.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Oh, how time changes everything. Still, got to give RS credit for surviving this long.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

widespread posted:

Is that the Anima Mundi stuff? Or also the Mazcab stuff.

Because both are fine, if not a bit tedious at times.

Considering it came out this Monday, neither.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Long time player (Brony Slayer in game), but haven't posted in this thread for years. Thought I'd join the discord given the chatter I've seen in the Clan Chat, so here to say I tried to join, Stephen#0937, please give me permission to view things, and big grats Araxxor/Disaster Sr. You are now obligated to become the clan paypig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
New quest out, do quest.