Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The Democrats would need to gently caress up hard to give Romney a win.

We're doomed. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
yeah I'm seeing there being a large contingent of shitheads who see Hilary as a dried up old *gendered insult here* meanwhile an even older male Republican reflects experience and etc.

Still though saying that they'd still find a reason to hate her if she was 35 so I'm not sure what that's worth.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

sullat posted:

As long as they're over 35, sure. They'd just need to take up residence in the San Diego manse before the election, to get around the "different states" rule.

Not that it would really matter if Mitt's running from Massachusetts, right?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Under the vegetable posted:

I'll absolutely toxx on the fact that Hillary will, if President of the United States, enter into meaningless illegal wars, i'm sorry, military actions, with other nations on trumped up pretext, much like Obama. I don't know if it will be Iran and won't dream of trying to call specifics.

who can forget all those wars Obama got us into

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

TEAYCHES posted:

Libya is doing pretty well these days, if I recall correctly.

so one, maybe. still waiting on "meaningless illegal wars" (plural) "on trumped up pretext".

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Who can forget all those american citizens Obama killed with drones, and who can forget the war without borders against IS, and who can forget his enthusiastic continuation of the Afghanistan conflict, who can forget the war in Somalia, who can forget the military actions in the Horn of Africa, who can forget the violation of promises made to not put troops on the ground in Mali, who can forget the expansion of Bush-authorized drone attacks in Pakistan on civilians, who can forget the 2014 Iraq intervention, who can forget firing 110 tomahawk missiles at Libya? You?

you said "enter into" so most of that is irrelevant. admittedly I forgot about DRONES and putting aside whether that counts as "wars" you'll have to get the 98% of americans who pay less attention to this stuff than we do to care.

also need a source on Mali and Somalia since outside of antipiracy I haven't heard anything about US involvement there.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

If you want to be a pedant, America hasn't been at war since 1942. I'm going by use of military force.

yes I'm going to be a pedant about :byodood: MEANINGLESS ILLEGAL WARS when you mean counterterrorist operations a few dozen people disagree with.

not seeing anything about US involvement here by the way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Mali_conflict

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

You should click the part at the very top of the page that says "For other armed conflicts that occurred in northern Mali, see Tuareg rebellion." and see if you can find US involvement.

quote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/pentagon-deploys-small-number-of-troops-to-war-torn-mali/2013/04/30/2b02c928-b1a0-11e2-bc39-65b0a67147df_story.html

About 10 U.S. military personnel are in Mali to provide “liaison support” to French and African troops but are not engaged in combat operations, said Lt. Col. Robert Firman, a Pentagon spokesman.

very concerned

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Cubey posted:

A better idea would be a thread for how the gently caress to fix poo poo. My posts are mostly frustration in the fact that I have next to no hope at all for the political situation in this country to improve and it feels like no matter what I do it will not matter, just like a shitload of other people. I don't actually believe that electing a republican will make the democrats do what they need to do, but that begs the question: what will? Short of Sanders pulling off the most stunning underdog campaign in the history of ever, I simply cannot see a situation in which the Democrats shift their ideology to something that benefits those in need any time in the forseeable future.

So what can be done about that?

Well when you put it that way actively making things worse is the only sensible option.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

A3th3r posted:

Rand hates references but he does have a coherent campaign plan that works, as I predicted about three months ago. Not trying to toot my horn or anything. And yeah he is a long shot for the actual presidency but yeah it does all check out & everything.

drone strikes for some, miniature american flags for others

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL at all the millenial babies in this thread that don't understand just how much damage is being done right now to Hillary/Bernie/whichever one has to take on Trump this fall.

We've seen this movie before kids.

Triumph of the Will?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

oh poo poo, a couple dozen kids with bernie signs, better run

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
my free speech!

*immediately appears on every 24 hour cable news network*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

My Imaginary GF posted:

So, it's a Satuday morning. This week in the news cycle will be decided by thee narrative out of the Sunday morning shows.

I'm interested to see whether an anti-BLM or anti-Trump narrative emerges superior.

Of course, then there's John Kasich who's attempting to gilde the lilly with both.

get your talking points straight, Soros was behind this, not BLM

• Locked thread