Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'd argue most "American Mexican" food is itself a poor imitation of tex-mex.

Especially because tex-mex is the spicy stuff, not actual mexican food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Beforehand posted:

Why hasn't anyone thought of this!?

Because that's not how passing amendments work.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Skwirl posted:

I don't know, how many wars have India and Pakistan fought against each other? How many wars have they fought since both of them having nuclear weapons? MAD is obviosly terrible, but part of me thinks it works.

They fought one since 1997.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

orange sky posted:

But at the same time, the longer the US goes on using the imperial system the more costly it's going to be when it eventually wants to change it, I think. It's one of those sooner rather than later situations, in my opinion.

No, the world's about as metricized as it's going to be. The reason why the US hasn't switched is plain simple inertia, but in the "I have to learn this whole new language" sense rather than any other traditional position.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kor posted:

Some of it is definitely the conservative narrative about the Clintons just bleeding into general society, but I don't see why most of it, especially on the left, wouldn't come from a genuine idealism about the American political process and the ways in which democracy should function.

Which is funny because many of these same people would love to have Bill (legally) come back to be President for ages.

I guess they just prefer one candidate to be popularly re-elected.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
If Mitt Romney had won then he would've legalized polygamy and all of his wives could continue his dynasty!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

sudo rm -rf posted:

I wouldn't mind switching as long as we stuck to fahrenheit.

Kilos would be the easiest switch because it's more or less just doubling pounds.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

mlmp08 posted:

Setting aside this useless anecdotal data, do you just run around all day asking every person if Obama is a Muslim? Or is it just that only crazy people ever feel the need to talk about his faith, and they think he's a secret Muslim?

Also, aren't the majority of people in Metropolitan Atlanta black?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Lol Carter-like figure. Why was he bad again? He sounded like a really nice guy instead of Reagen who just gutted everything.

He's what happens when a genuine Washington outsider gets elected.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gyges posted:

Can you even do that in most places? I know if Florida you can't.

In Texas you can; it'll auto select all of the (eg) Democrats if you want it to.

I don't know what happens if there's a race without that particular party though.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Nessus posted:

I thought the purpose of the 22nd Amendment was to prevent another FDR, which is why there was talk of repealing it in Reagan's second term. Obviously, no problem if it's St. Ronald.

Yeah, the funny part is that it took 50 years for the Democrats to elect someone that might've been elected for more than two terms while the Republicans had two people in that same time period (Eisenhower and Reagan).

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Do you have to volunteer (as in, seek them out instead of being contacted) to be part of a poll? In 13 years I've never participated in any kind of political poll.

No, they usually disqualify you if you do that. The way polls usually work is that you get a random sample of people and ask them questions. If you do it correctly, then the sample of people will represent the views of society at large.

You probably have not been picked because you are in some large demographic or you don't fall in the demographic that they want to poll (eg, "likely" voters).

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cactus posted:

UK. There simply isn't enough popcorn in all the world to cover what American politics has become.

as opposed to the enlightened period of

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

How drunk do you think reince is right now?

not as much as boehner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

this sounds like a Bane quote from Dark Knight Rises

• Locked thread