Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
While enjoying my 3 day probation vacation I caught up on the manga.

Holy poo poo. What a ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
They haven't explained the hereditary passing on of quirks, but in Todoroki's case isn't he the youngest of his siblings? Implies to me that getting a quirk combo in a kid is less common than just one quirk passing down.

I'm getting Pokemon breeding PTSD all of a sudden.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As someone who grew up on the Gulf Coast, I sympathize.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think given the setting and themes of the story, the longest non-epilogue timeskip you can expect to see is a month or two at most. Something like this, with a regroup/rebuilding montage as students/teachers go back to class demoralized.

Also...is there a chance All Might quits being a teacher soon? If the stakes are being raised with AFO, I wonder if he'll try to dedicate more time to pursuing him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All Might hosed that dude up. That's badass.

Just means Deku is gonna sneeze at max power and explode the dude.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I cursed like a goddamned sailor throughout my childhood so Bakugo's dialogue makes all the sense in the world to me.

Granted, I never had superpowers.:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just wonder if, by the time Deku gets some sort of mastery over OfA, his eyes will look terrifying too.:ohdear:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Serious Frolicking posted:

Froppy is a terrible name, though.

loving monster

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I chalk it up to anime. And superpowers. And quirks. And I enjoy fiction.

All of those things.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Deku's dad is John Cena cause he can spit hot fire and he never gives up. I think Deku clearly inherited that second one from his father. Who, again, is John Cena.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Perhaps John Cena is patient zero, and all quirks stem from him?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I believe in All Might.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nahxela posted:

Would Tsuyu become a not frog?

I don't even want to imagine it.:gonk:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

KittyEmpress posted:

You're dumb as hell, Thor got great reviews, people enjoyed the poo poo out of it, and it's still going currently, so thanks for getting literally everything wrong about this.

Go back to Reddit to be mad about these new feeeemale starring comics, please.

I haven't really been digging Thor, but in trying out some of the new takes on characters I have been introduced to Ms Marvel, and holy crap I can't ever imagine not reading her adventures.:allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Serious Frolicking posted:

im pretty sure they would fit if you rolled them up first

:blush:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, Aizawa still has a point though. They are not full fledged heroes yet. They came to UA to become full fledged heroes. If they are going to skirt the rules, then they won't be taught at UA, and frankly it's a pretty bad habit to start if you want to be comparable to All Might. Heroes don't skirt the rules, they take their vitamins and eat their vegetables.

Just because the kids got to be shonen heroes for a day doesn't mean they should be let off the hook for recklessly endangering themselves, especially considering the whole point of the previous operation was to get a student out of a dangerous situation. Aizawa has every right to be pissed as a teacher.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TriffTshngo posted:

Being a hero isn't about following the rules it's about saving peoples' lives come on man we JUST had a movie about this like 2 months ago.

Become a hero first, then you can decide when an appropriate time to bend the rules are. Rules aren't everything, but they are there for a reason.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If they want to learn from the best, then they've got to act like it. I'm sure there are plenty of halfass superhero schools that let you go run off into the thick of things midway through class, but at UA there are no Peter Parkers. Peter Parkers get expelled.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A sad tsuyu makes me sad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
he has such sights to show you

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Where do i vote for my favorite characters it is time for that twerpy kid from the woods arc to finally get his due

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

post dis if u cry evry tiem

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think any chance of Bakugou being another Endeavor was squashed after the rescue arc. It was kinda great in that it played on a lot of assumptions both readers and other characters had up to that point: that Bakugou was (pardon the pun) a loose cannon, and would eventually turn to villainy.

Bakugou is committed to being a hero, and it doesn't matter how the world feels about it. You can hate him, you can love him, but god dammit he is going to save the day. If Endeavor has a complex about being 2nd, Bakugou has a complex about being a hero.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's gotta be Kane.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bakugou rules, and I wouldn't change a drat thing. Even after he accepts Deku fully, I drat well want him to treat him the same way.

Bakugou marches to the beat of his own drum, gently caress everyone else.:c00lbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know if Froppy was ever expected to be this popular, but it can't be overstated how much I dig her design and character.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bakugou isn't Sasuke, because in Naruto, the rivalry between Narootoo/Sasook seemed to actually build up to something after the chuunin exam, only for kidnapping to follow.

This time the kidnapping came first, and now after these two get this out of their system I assume their rivalry will finally start building to something. It's basically what I wanted from Naruto 47 years ago. I have faith Bakugou is gonna be a good tolerable dude after this whole thing blows over.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My Hero Academia: Much Ado About Sasuke

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blockhouse posted:

super saiyan bardock is non-canon as fuuuuuck

I bet you're a filthy Tarble denier, too. loving monsters, the lot of ya.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Every time he speaks up he looks like he's on the verge of a complete breakdown, and I think that's what sells him to me. Mineta is "desperate teenager" cranked up to infinity, and I can't help but laugh.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ms. Midnight is a true professional and I will not let this slander against her stand.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mineta is a Hori self insert, confirmed.

Also Mina is great. Just great.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ochako was funny, is funny, will continue to be funny, imho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Divine Orator posted:

Maybe, and this might sound a bit wild but, maybe being a sexual predator is actually, idk, antithetical to being a Hero and not just a wacky character trait? And maybe the mangas refusal to ever acknowledge that in any way is a consistent problem that makes it harder to read for some people, even if they like the rest of it? just a crazy thought

The quest for the perfect manga continues...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mineta is just fine because Mt. Lady played him and the expectation is that he is going to continue to occasionally get poo poo on by life for not being the most noble person. There is a cosmic balance at play; Mineta will never be All-Might, but if he learns and grows he can eventually look cool once or twice.

Some of y'all just need to chill and remember puberty happens. Criticize the author, sure, but leave my young friend Mineta his springtime of youth.:colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think the less we know about the diaper, the better we'll all be for it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think it's more that the issue goes beyond this one character, and while everyone would rather it wasn't a trope we saw pop up in a number of the shows we watch, we also aren't going to let the bad outweigh the good of this series.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

TSUYU EPISODE!

:hai:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Manatee Cannon posted:

why would he get a pass if he were exactly the same but a girl

Please god let us not open this box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spiderdrake posted:

Fandoms are the grease that flows down the crevice of any given work, and once it collects into a large enough pool, it is invariably a slimy mess.

This is a very good way to describe it. Fandoms are good, they're necessary, but when they coagulate into a big gunk, poo poo tends to get broken.