Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheKingofSprings posted:

I want Ochako to get really good at Kung-Fu

I don't know how she can combine that with her gravity powers to make a finisher though

Holy poo poo, one inch punch. Ochako turns her back, walks away as her opponent drifts away into the skies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PMush Perfect posted:

Someone on the internet says these boys should kiss! How loving dare they!

Please help me turn off the internet. It's the only way.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Explains why I like both so much.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Some bonus art from the newest volume:

Momo is loving this poo poo

Owns all the bones.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mineta is knee deep in his spring time of youth, and by god I will defend his right to it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku has a father drat it

He has a dad!!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What is girl

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Salad and Burrito, motherfuckers

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bakugou is tough and mean and ornery and it's great. Especially when he stops being borderline homicidal about it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mineta is the Chaotszu of the series, but he's better because his failures make me laugh.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah probably. Chaotszu is in a sad, sad class all by himself.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This arc is just not flowing very well on a weekly basis.

Like, I'm glad we get these character spotlights and all, but given the whole operation is "WE HAVE TO BUST IN, AND QUICKLY TAKE CARE OF THESE DUDES," and it feels like it's taking forever...I'm not surprised it's taking a beating.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe it's just a delayed reaction? I can't say I'm super familiar with how jump does their ranking.:shrug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fabricated posted:

Sigh. Now we get to suffer every week because if I recall a couple of the main mangastream guys don't like MHA.

What a bunch of loving rear end in a top hat cocksuckers god dammit gently caress

:blush:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That twist has been incorporated into the comics now. There's no turning back from it now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MonsterEnvy posted:

Except they point out this actually has little to do with how things ended up. It was pure coincidence that it did.

It doesn't really change the fact that the story went from "anyone can be Batman" to "you must be this Bruce-ish to ride the Batmobile."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku is there.

Right now, Deku is loving there.

This is the chapter that snapped me right back into it. Holy poo poo, the hype is max.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think getting rid of All for One will do a lot of good in making whatever new system they create more sustainable. All Might's approach didn't work because AfO permanently ruined him. There still would have been a vacuum when he inevitably passed away of old age, but without that injury All Might would have had the time to properly train and groom a successor.

I mean, the system is still a flawed one, but it would have been sorta manageable had All Might not taken the type of injury that he did.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Speaking of asspulls, spoilers are out for new chapter.

Eri's power is even stronger than we imagined. And despite me calling it an asspull, I'm okay with it. Stakes are high. Arc is coming to a close in excellent fashion.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Eri is All Might

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers are showing up.

Eri is going to help Deku go 100% full cowl I guess

Oh dear god

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The good: 100%, Eri deciding she's had enough, VA hijinks

The bad: Overhaul is still a nobody, Eri hasn't really said much, Ochako and Froppy didnt do much on screen, showdown got needlessly bloody most likely as an excuse for Eri to do her thing, overall pacing

Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped up for next week. But this arc has just been a weird one. I do not like Overhaul, but I also don't feel like I really know him yet. I'm not worrying about where Eri goes from here...yet.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Eh, this whole operation has been a bigger failure for the pros. It's one thing to take licensed newbies into the fray, it's another for everything to rest on the newbies' shoulders. I know, shonen, but it's still just ridiculous how useless the pros have been in the clutch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Super saiyans are cool tho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sure, but I've always tried to give Vegeta a pass so I think this transformation should get the same leeway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Manatee Cannon posted:

been a while since I read bleach but the way I remember it, orihime rejects events entirely rather than rewinding them. eri takes you back to a state before you were hurt; orihime just deletes the injury itself from existence. in practice it works the same way more or less but eri's seems a lot less impractical since you're not stuck in a bubble when she's healing you

dragon ball is a very different thing than mha and never made it a recurring plot point that destroying yourself is wrong

I was more just making fun of Vegeta. My bad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:agreed:, it's going to be awesome.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku will wind up with everyone, get outed as a playboy, and wind up alone just like his hero All Might.

:unsmigghh:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The more I look at the number of punches Chisaki took to the face, the less convinced I am that he should be alive.

Also, I like how the bizarre tear streaks nearly recreate All Might's wacky hair.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, it's definitely A Little Weird. Everything surrounding Toga the Naked Yandere Teenager is, though.

True

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Vigilantes, I have decided.......is good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ytlaya posted:

Crawler's mom's quirk seems like it could potentially be really good. It's basically a way to open-palm punch people from a distance.

Honestly it's like her quirk would be great for comedy duos.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku and Ochako's love will lead to a love love sekiha tenkyoken for a new generation, and all villains everywhere will surrender. All Might will shed a tear in pride.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
One for All is like....seven different souls or whatever at this point, right? 100% of that is sure to tinker with causality, in my expert anime posting opinion.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PMush Perfect posted:

lol if you don't imagine every anime fight as the author just smashing their action figures together and making whooshes and explosions noises.

Boku no Hero Academia prequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GihnbWsv_1U

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Likelihood it's a recap film?

I'd put it at....40%.:thumbsup:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
.........20%.:thumbsup:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fabricated posted:

Finally read the new vigilantes chapter. bees? in my vagina? It might be more likely than you think

Vigilantes is going places.

Dangerous, terrifying places.:shepface:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
While I agree there could be something to that theory, I'm also perfectly content for the series to not revisit the particulars of Shoto's childhood. I'm fine with hating Endeavor, and Endeavor doesn't really mind being hated. It all works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Like I said, even if there's anything to the theory, I'm perfectly fine with things the way they are. Cause there's no way it's going to clear Endeavor completely. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm not a fan of someone who only abuses a little as opposed to a lot. They're both seriously lovely. Endeavor does not need any tiny bit of redemption.