Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Is it true that "Personal Jesus" is the official Catholic theme song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

CheesyDog posted:

My favorite song about Jesus is "The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead" by XTC. Why is better than literally the entire Christian rock genre? Discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYupSHWEJxA

The only good song about Jesus is "Jesus Christ" by Woody Guthrie.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Remind me Kyrie, do you believe in literal demons and witchcraft, or am I confusing you with another zealot?

Wasn't Darkwater like that? Maybe Victor too?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The best analysis of Christianity is the final scene of "There Will Be Blood".

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Obviously, that's why he keeps repeating it.

D&D truly is the easiest forum to troll.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

sgnl05 posted:

but then of course that would mean that God probably wasn't whispering in their ears while they wrote.

Alternatively, God did whisper in their ears and he put down opposing ideas because he's a blood lusting dick? :shrug:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

(Seriously, at this point you are really trolling or you are just being daft and ignorant)

Alternatively, Kyrie eleison is an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

I wonder if he draws cute little nonsensical comics too?

He probably shares the same sentiments as "Lisa".

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Kyrie eleison posted:

I'm saying that you are being a hypocrite when you condemn Christians for not being super enthusiastic about having Jews in their lands, because the Jews are no different when it comes to other religions in their lands.

Tu quoque is a logical fallacy, FYI; you're welcome. :)

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Nessus posted:

The usual statement here is that he can't possibly take away our free will, which is apparently so precious and important to him that it be not impinged in any way, shape, or form, that he is completely willing to let huge numbers of people blunder into eternal torment (or, more graciously, oblivion - which isn't so bad, comparatively) rather than possibly maybe impair it in even the slightest theoretical way.

Good to see God adheres to the Non-Aggression Principle.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Kyrie eleison posted:

He is your master and your Lord. You are his slave.

Sorry, not into sadomasochism.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Kyrie eleison posted:

To us, the Jews are an aberrant sect that rejects the Christ and emphasizes racial purity.

Jebus: So awesome he went back in time to found Christianity before Judaism. :beck:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Acquire Currency! posted:

Jesus is actually really cool imho.

He brings me fresh tacos every Tuesday at the office, so :agreed:.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Kyrie eleison posted:

I was saying it in the context of the routing of Judea, which is upheld by rabbis to be a punishment from God, just like the destruction of Israel and Judah. If you look at the theology of the Old Testament, it is absolutely, 100% clear that the Israelites are punished by God for their infidelity. This is what the prophets say over and over again.

I do not support the Holocaust, of course.

Thanks for the insight, Pat Roberston.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Vaall posted:

Kyrie is really boring at this. I wish Victor would come back.

Darkwater was better.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Kyrie eleison posted:

Is it racist to prefer to marry someone of the same race as yourself?

Hi, Emden (or Darkwater).

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Who What Now posted:

So you support white supremacy and think those that don't are retarded is what you're saying.

Maybe he's an Emden or Darkwater parachute account, given his reg date? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

I found God:

What happened to Number 5/Johnny 5?! :stonk:

• Locked thread