Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

so I turn on my Wii U after visiting my parents over the weekend

to see motherfucking Ryu staring back at me

jesus sweet loving christ holy almighty god

edit: I am now €30 poorer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I am loving lmaoing so hard right now. Incredible.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

mabels big day posted:

A pretty big list of minor changes this patch, but here is the stuff that matters:

Marth/Lucina, Lucas, Robin, and Wii Fit Trainer all got massive buffs. Robin is stronger in general and has throw combos, all of WFT's aerials have more knockback, has stronger smashes, and sun salutation heals 2% now, and her grab doesn't whiff on short characters now. Lucas has a bigger grab range, and down tilt links into itself and grab. Marth/cina's aerials all have less landing lag and some moves do more damage too.

Luigi is probably busted as hell, because the f-air damage nerf just makes it easier for him to combo and they made the sweetspot for up B bigger. But, they added 3 frames to the endlag of fireballs!!!!! Also they nerfed Sheik's f-air damage and actually gave it two frames of lag instead of none.

They took out Fox's jab lock but buffed his rapid jab in return, and also gave some more knockback and a bigger hitbox to his down b. 20XX anyone? Just a little joke for you melee fans.

Thats pretty much all the big stuff. Lots of small things that don't really change how the characters play or anything for other characters. Thanks for reading.

*scans this post for any mention of nerfing ZSS*

all is right with the world....

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

cloofish posted:

I like to taunt by running back and forth across the screen when I get a kill.

Same except if a character has a backwards crawl like Bowser/ZSS

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Luigi's crawl is top tier.

Since i've just started to learn playing Luigi after the latest patch, this makes me very happy.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Roy is just goddamn ridiculous! I KO'd a guy in For Glory off the right side of the screen while standing on the left side of the platform using an uncharged side-smash at around 60-70%. :aaaaa:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Plasbad posted:

I just played about 10 For Glory games with the same person and I beat them as Bowser each time. They eventually changed their name to ICANTWIN and I started to feel sorry for them. :smith:

Bowser is good

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

jivjov posted:

I think that's a pretty natural reaction to constant losses, especially if there isn't any tangible sense of improvement. Like, if I'm getting beat, but am consistently getting a bit better with each match, I don't feel bad about it...but I hate it when I just get curbstomped repeatedly.

I like finding the cool people in FG who stick around for more than just one match after its been established which of us is the better player and we just start loving around with other characters.

Oh and I never feel bad for players that constantly lose with Ness/Lucas' Up B. If you can't use it properly then DON'T PLAY AS THEM. Or at least get some practice in first.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I love omegas with no sides cos i spike Lucas/Ness players off it and when they try to recover with PK thunder it hits the underside and they slowly plummet to their death.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Gaffle posted:

The Goonsmash weekly tournament is going to be this Sunday at 5 pm est. All the fights will be done through the irc channel. Quote this or find me on the irc if you want to sign up.

Rules and bracket: http://challonge.com/goonsmash3

IRC channel: #goonsmash on synIRC

I would be interested in trying this out actually, been ages since i've played against other goons.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

NTT you are an awesome shulk. i deserved that ownage.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

NTT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm3dePBv1jY

This stage makes up air chases wierd

i really should practice non-omega stages more i was so confused

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Tonetta posted:

Anyways here's a video on foxtrot canceling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppw-igC6Uog

Oh there's a name for this? I've been doing this with ZSS for a few weeks now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I didn't realise every character could do it. My Roy game just stepped up.

• Locked thread