Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Calico Heart posted:

http://www.destructoid.com/no-smash-bros-dlc-after-mewtwo-experiment--284067.phtml?nav=mobile&mode=mobile

Sakurai says no DLC being worked on besides Mewtwo at the moment because he didn't want it to feel like they were cutting up the game and selling pieces of it. Shine on, Nintendo. Last beacon of morality in this cold, cruel world.

Even still I don't believe Mewtwo is getting released by himself when the DLC comes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

oknope posted:

i remember last night i had a dream i had a death sentence and the person who was gonna kill me was my dad and it was going to be by lethal injection but i was cool with dying and i remember i was super cool with it all but the last thing from that dream was me remembering that i’ll never get to play super smash bros for wii u and then he pushed the syringe in and i woke up

and then you wake up and Ganondorf comes into your room and says wake up sleepy head your Mom and I are making pancakes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The new star fox stage is cool as gently caress

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

if you think any of those dumb fire emblem fuckers deserve a spot over captain toad then you don't even deserve smash bros :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The menus really do suck. Trying to unlock Duck Hunt, I could not for the life of me figure out where Cruel Mode was (I had to look it up)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

- WHY IS SONIC BOOM NOT LISTED IN THE MUSIC PLAYBACK MENU THIS BETTER BE UNLOCKABLE OR SO HELP ME :argh:

Lose all hope with Sonic music in Smash cause it's slim pickins. Even Rooftop Run is the wrong version (it's the modern version instead of classic. C'mon Blizz)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Is there a good way to farm CDs?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

Bowser is amazing, what are you talking about.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nadir posted:

Is the level 9 CPU really good or am I just really lovely?

Level 9 CPUs cheat. Ya know how in the first Metal Gear Solid, Psycho Mantis could read your button inputs to avoid your attacks?

They are like but with their shields

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Does playing online take into account your My Music choices too? Or does it have the same music for both people

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Jesus how do you even touch an enemy in cruel melee. Within seconds of spawning I get ruined. I guess it's easier to play the matches to unlock Duck Hunt.

Bowser Jr. is my favorite so far. I love his quick moves.

Well Bowser Jr's actually pretty good for that. Quickly try and get to the edge before anyone gets you and drive your car back and forth. Eventually you'll knock at least one dude out before you die

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I really really wish there was a way, when playing For Glory, to both say that you have to leave (instead of just peacing), and to be able to add them on your friends if you want. I fought this awesome Charizard playing for like an hour, silky smooth connection. He cycled through three different profile names, and swapped characters occasionally to Greninja, Robin, Marth and Toon Link. But he mostly played Charizard, and he was a good one too. But once I had to go it kind of sucked the only thing I could do was just leave and that's it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Suspicious Cook posted:

I think your friends list shows a selection of people you last met online. You can probably find and friend request him that way.

WHAT :aaa:

edit: eh it doesn't do much good. Friend request is greyed out and there's no other way to comment on their profile

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hey so uh, about the farming CDs business...

quote:

Set all items except Master Ball off, turn items to high. Pick a stage that has music you enjoy listening to, then choose the omega version. 99 stock, level 1 computer. Spam Master Balls, you'll get on average 18ish Mews per game, Mews drop CDs about a third of the time so you'll get around 6 new songs every time you try this. It might help to have something on in the background to entertain yourself while doing this.

quote:

Can amiibos do the master ball throwing and item collecting for you? If so, you could probably do this without even playing. Just train an amiibo to rush for any master balls and throw them quickly, and don't teach it how to attack anyone. Put it against another similar amiibo, and boom. Free stuff.

quote:

90% sure you have to rescan your amiibo under the menu setting to pick up all the items they've collected

EDIT: TESTED. WORKS! FIRST EVER AMIIBO SLAVE FACTORY, HERE WE COME

I sent my lvl 50 against an Olimar I nerfed (redundant, right?) with custom equipment and it worked really well

EDIT 2: If you want your amiibo to pick up CDs, you have to teach them (or at least I assume). Mine picks up trophies but walks past CDs.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That master ball CD farming thing works pretty well. You obviously gotta put more work into than the CD factory from Brawl, and if you don't have an Amiibo you gotta do it yourself, but I ended up with like 7 or 8 CDs by the end of it, plus a handful of trophies (also a few custom parts or moves or whatever, but I don't care about those)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

bluegoon posted:

Caved and bought the game, release is on Friday.

Won't buy toys though, I'm 30 for gently caress sakes.

video games are toys

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Keiya posted:

You are a sad, strange little man.

Toy Story 4 needs to have Amiibos, Disney Infinity and Skylanders toys to keep up with the times.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I wish you could actually hit the menu buttons on your gamepad. It just copies what's on the screen, you can't interact at all with it. I think that's a pretty big oversight.

That and needing a loving SD card to take pictures what on earth

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Calico Heart posted:

If anything I wish Dr. Wily's castle had more stuff. As-is, a flat stage with the Devil is kinda lame

Various platforms for the stages would be good I think. Like the ugly face boxes from the Air Man stage or the blocks that disappear then reappear from... Fire Man's? stage. The Yellow Devil is just too in the way. Nabbit doesn't bother me too much, except that CPU players, no matter the level, can't seem to escape his bag if they're caught

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Spectated a couple matches. You straight up can't predict who is going to win even when the matchups seem obvious. Also it's a good thing you gamble with fake money

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

mabels big day posted:

use your hammer on the "get 8 fevers in a round of trophy rush as dr mario" and it gives you 100k coins. i don't know what square it is, as i have not unlocked it yet, but I know it exists.

Someone help figure out where the square is so i can get 100,000 gold. Every single loving thing costing gold in this game is dumb as gently caress. I'm here watching lovely online matches and betting to raise my gold cause it's the easiest

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mother fucker goddamn. I cannot get more than 2 winning streaks in gambling on spectator mode. I ALWAYS pick the wrong team or character on the third round. Yo idiots if the countdown is gettin to like 5 second and you're up one RUN AWAY so I can get my riches

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

loving hell I didn't realise how many stages were exclusive to each version. It's pretty frustrating, since I'll never be convinced to buy or play the 3DS version, but missing out on so many stages sucks.

How long before they're satisfied that everyone's bought both versions and they cross-release the whole lot for £10?

EDIT: There's a god-drat Paper Mario stage and I can't play it!

Don't worry, that paper mario stage isn't very good anyway

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Maple Leaf please talk about how great Bowser Jr is thank you

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

you're dead to me maple leaf

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nothing downloaded automatically for me it seems. Mine is still on 1.0.1. I imagine that's why I'm having issues this morning connecting to anyone online, how do I get to these updates manually?

edit: if 1.0.1 is the new patch then online i just giving me issues

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Okay I found the WiiU update and now online works fine :toot:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

A cool drat horse posted:

Peach is probably solidly mid tier, but I appreciate her for who she is.

I dunno. Her stupid turnip has priority over tons of poo poo. She can stop my bowser jr's clown car in its tracks

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I wish they would bring back Shadow Moses Island, even if they never bring Snake back :smith:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I fear good G&W players in For Glory cause they have like a million things to keep me from getting at them

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

The only reason why you would not taunt is if you're playing as Dedede, in which case you just crouch.

I think it's more fun as Sonic to run back and forth on the stage until the other player respawns than to taunt. Especially since they took away the good taunt

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm starting to enjoy Greninja after not initially like how he played in the 3DS version. But man I really wish he didn't have a counter and had something else instead (I don't really bother with custom moves, but you can't use them in randoms anyway). I'm awful with counters. I can rarely successfully pull one off. He's got a lot of fun moves though. It took me a little bit to figure out how that one disappear then reappear further away move worked. It's not immediately obvious that there's a shadow to look for. It's also pretty satisfying when you pull off the down attack and combo that into his backward leg kick thing. He's fun! I dunno why he seems more fun than when initially tried him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Waverhouse posted:

The more I play better players the more I feel Ganondorf needs some tuning up. Hopefully nintendo keeps up with the patches. I have this fear that the patches were more of a one off thing to prepare for the Wii U release, some last minute tweaking, rather than an ongoing balancing effort.

Fight against Reksi and you'll change your tune real quick :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I hope they put in touch controls for the menus in that update as well. It's a crime not touching the menus.

Seriously what the gently caress is up with that

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Ahh.. One of the "Mewtwo will be the only DLC character" lot. Why don't you pull your head out of your rear end?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The only thing allowed on the sonic stages is the music from the genesis games

The song choices in Smash for the genesis songs are garbage, so I turn that poo poo down to zero.

Green Hill Zone and Angel Island Zone? Really? That's it?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

There is a disturbing lack of Escape from the City in the above posts.

Look man, Escape from the City is just obviously always there on the highest setting, it doesn't need to be mentioned.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Finally Nintendo acknowledges Missingno

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I really can't believe tier lists (which are pretty bullshit i know) are saying Megaman is like. Middle of the road. I just fought the most ANNOYING Megaman player on For Glory I've ever fought. I could not touch this dude. I couldn't shield to avoid his attacks or he'd grab me. I couldn't get near him cause all of his ranged attacks would stop me, even the little potato pellets. In the right hands Megaman is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bowser Jr question. When I'm in the HEAT OF BATTLE and I eject from my clown copter, before I fall to my death I've been able to hit one of the shoulder buttons and respawn my copter allowing me another chance at a jump. But I've been trying to recreate it just like in practice and can't get it to work. Are there certain conditions to make it work? Does the clown car have to be exploded a certain amount of time or does the other person have to knock me around some first before it will reset?

• Locked thread