Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

I still hear this song in my head. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Bad Sneakers posted:

God I wish I could find this episode. She's the best. :allears:

Got ya covered! :ocelot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEI85hYB_IE&t=140s

Her name's Patricia Davis and she's at the 2:20 minute mark. :dance:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Some avatars, because making these is way better than standing in lines for Black Friday!

And a few more gifs!

Secret of the Kells

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Base Emitter posted:

Any good tools for editing existing GIFs? Even if its just cutting and appending frames? Got a project that's kinda big and photoshop is refusing to save it.

It's ancient at this point, but I often use Ulead Gif Animator 5.0 for general use / quick and dirty work. Saving Photoshop for more extensive stuff.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Wario Ware

Gourmet Sentai: Bara Yarou

Knuckle Bash

World Heroes Perfect

Day of the Tentacle

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

^^^ "Welcome to the party, pal!" Man, I need to watch that this week.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

I do get kind of tired of people just effortlessly firing off guns without hearing protection as if they're firing CB caps, which they basically are. There's never a big shootout in a hallway that's followed up with the hero shouting "WHAAAAT?!" when the villain/last goon standing tries to taunt him.

You'd probably appreciate this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbM22YmmhJM

With a behind the scenes followup (from 4 minutes on, they specifically talk about the sounds of the guns in the shootout). The gunfire heard there is the original sound (i.e. not dubbed-over or anything).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW0yebyGk-8

Edit: Some content!

Ghostpilot has a new favorite as of 08:04 on Dec 24, 2014

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrW0kySM6CE

This performance was bananas, holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Gone With the Wind

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

I'm secure in my homosexuality, but Michelle Jenneke gives me pause whenever I see her - she's absolutely stunning.

Anyway, onto gifs!

Home Alone 2

Key & Peele

Ra Ra Riot - Beta Love

Ghostpilot has a new favorite as of 07:10 on Jan 20, 2015

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Heard this as clearly as though it were a video instead of a gif.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"Vilderness Girls!" :haw:

Ghostpilot has a new favorite as of 13:51 on Feb 13, 2015

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

This looks just like something I would've drawn in elementary school - and it's amazing. :allears:

I swear I've seen this before. It guess that it's either a James Bond or Jackie Chan movie from the 80's.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Basticle posted:

this might make a good avatar

Just a horizontal flip. Though I can't imagine getting that anywhere near the file size limit without gutting it.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Jamsque posted:

Back problems also led to his unique approach to chair usage

I think this may be more a tall person thing; I've certainly have done that a lot.

King of Fighters XI, if memory serves.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

Probably my favorite one that isn't 2002UM.

2002 and 98 for me, with XI running third. I'd enjoy XI more if Kula, Gato and Oswald didn't break the game clean in half. I'd forgotten how gorgeous the backgrounds are in that.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Neo Geo Battle Collesium

King of Fighters XI

RL inspiration

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Haruharuharuko posted:

Edit: Oh hello nightmares Paula Deen is making a game

I question the authenticity of this: there's not nearly enough butter.

From Bees & Bombs

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ghostpilot has a new favorite as of 06:53 on Mar 16, 2015

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

ryonguy posted:

Whelp I'm wrong, cool stuff.

Goldeneye was the only good Dalton-era Bond, imho. However, that may be rose colored glasses as it was the first Bond I saw in theaters.

:ssh: That was Pierce Brosnan.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Calvin & Hobbes

Dragon's Lair

Ghostpilot has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Jul 8, 2015

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

I want to see someone attempt to slam one of these doors in the midst of an argument.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

What I heard was even worse. Several music producers were threatening to go to the press for the first two years that MTV was on the air to point out this discrepancy, then MTV finally decided to play videos by African-American artists.

It's really hard to find, but during a live interview, David Bowie straight up asked why they weren't playing videos by black artists. The VJ doing the interviewing was :stare:, just absolutely stunned.

Not a video, but here's a transcript. Felt bad for the guy, because it wasn't his decision but he was put on the spot and having to answer for his bosses. But on the flipside, it really brought to the fore what would become an enormous change.

Ghostpilot has a new favorite as of 07:40 on Aug 1, 2015

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

George Redhawk via http://www.juxtapoz.com/current/blind-artist-george-redhawk-creates-hypnotizing-gifs

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

The Aphasian posted:

There's a bunch here: http://www.cameronsworld.net/

The site is too well designed to pick just one.

This is simply wonderful. :allears: This deserves to be preserved.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

From: http://boingboing.net/2015/11/11/this-woman-made-an-alarm-clock.html

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

I was only introduced to this song / video a couple years ago and absolutely fell in love with it. If memory serves, this was the first music video shot with HD cameras, and this was back in '86.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Some gifs courtesy of Joel Roset.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Geomancing posted:

These are really neat; do you know if they're test animations for a game, or is it just 'hey look what I can do' for his portfolio?

I know about as much about it as you do, I'm afraid. It'd be fantastic if it did turn out to be part of a project, though!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

A very long time ago when I was a kid, a news crew came to our elementary school to do a piece about the recent change to make toy guns more obviously distinct from the real thing (bright colors / patterns etc). I asked the reporter what about if someone were to paint a real gun like a toy? The reporter assured that this wouldn't happen and I shrugged and went back to playing on the monkey bars.

A couple years later I was one :smug: ten year-old when I heard a news story about the police confiscating guns that had been mocked up to look like toys.

Anyway, content:

Ghostpilot has a new favorite as of 00:22 on Mar 28, 2016

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Action Shakespeare posted:

Is it still kosher to request avatar gifs? I kinda wanted one of this image, where it kinda smash cuts to the face, the robot, and the belt.

The longest and toughest part of making animated avatars comes at the end when you're trying to prune and trim things to get under the 100kb size limit. Anyway, here's one that fits.

And here's an alternate version that sadly was much too large.

Anyway, hope it's what you're looking for. :)

Ghostpilot has a new favorite as of 14:16 on May 21, 2016