Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

ExplodingSquid posted:

Anyone know what episode of Downtown this is from?
That's not from Downtown. It's basically a "play tricks on celebrities" show, like Punk'd or something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

ExplodingSquid posted:

Ooh, I saw the guys plus Endo's ex wife in the little picture and thought it was Downtown. Do you know what show it is?
It looks like it was a one-time deal, not a series or anything, so your chances of finding it online are practically zero. Sorry, mate.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
:bahgawd: Bah gawd! He broke that table in half! That table has a family!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Don't you see? For that poor (six-figure income) single mother, an extra three grand means having food on the table!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

gamera009 posted:

What show is this from?

Japanese game show "Dero!", later re-themed and renamed to "Tore!". Some of the segments they used in the first one, especially one where the contestants are trapped in a room full of puzzles that slowly fills with water, didn't fly well after that huge earthquake and tsunami a few years back. They remade it with a more Egyptian "adventure" theme, at which point it started to suck.

EDIT:
If you want context for the gif, the contestants are ushered into the room without any hints. The floor starts to disappear and MOST everyone quickly notices and jumps on the little beams, where they are given quiz questions; each wrong answer shortens the beam back into the wall gradually until they fall off. If someone notices and grabs the plunger, they can use it on the wall to hold on when the beam gets short. The girl in the clip, for some reason, decides grabbing the plunger is more important that the floor disappearing and falls. But it's okay, because she's from one of those AKB mass-produced J-pop groups and deserves to be dropped into a pit.

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 13:07 on Mar 25, 2015

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

I like the music in this one more.
To complete the "Russian -> The Prodigy - Voodoo People" loop, here's one of my favorite songs by Leningrad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrfz2_5lAT4

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Robert Denby posted:

Animated by Emmy Cicierega and Paul Robertson respectively.

Paul Robertson also did the Street Fighter parody episode, and probably others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dFvBrKBaFw

Sorry, couldn't find a gif, but close enough.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

I must go now. My planet needs me.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

The pacifier is so you don't grind your teeth when you're on E, right?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

sigma 6 posted:

WTF? Source please.
Here ya go, mate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzMoXr-nvc0

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Practical Demon posted:

The 90s Batman was actually kind of a renaissance for animated television. Nothing looked like it before it came on, and it introduced the idea of actually giving a poo poo about the production design of cartoons. When people saw what they what Bruce Timm and Paul Dini were doing and how popular it was, they realized pumping poo poo out in the Hanna Barbera model wasn't going to cut it anymore.

It was TV animation, and didn't have the money of Disney movies of the time or anything like that, so there are some bad spots and reused cels like you always got with hand drawn cartoons. Newer shows look a lot cleaner and smoother because of digital animation, but I still prefer the feel of the old style. It's easy to look back and see the faults, but for the time it was amazing.

What left the biggest impression on me was that they painted everything on black paper instead of white. It makes so much sense, especially for Batman.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Why did the spider man break the window if it was already unlocked?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Studio Killers?

EDIT:
Sorry, should've noticed the link on the third image when I quoted you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1vLNTzCGwg

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

These protesters are turning violent, we have no choice!

RELEASE THE DUMPSTER!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Abrams :lol:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Finders, keepers!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Street Fighter V coming along nicely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjC-Pz3d5kw

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Fremdscham :cry:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

dumb. posted:

This might be the best tumblr on earth.

It really is :) I stop by every now and then when I'm feeling down, and it never fails to cheer me up.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Mark Hamill is such a great sport :allears:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

johnnyratbastard posted:

Unfunny explanation, getting focus on the camera. Sorry.

Just imagine that I'm looking at you with the same expression as the man in the center.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

FTFY

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Pretty sure that's an avocado dropping onto some dudes huevos

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

I'm pretty content just watching this gif over and over, but does anyone have the actual source?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

I always love to point out that Batman TAS was all drawn on black paper instead of white (this happens to be one shot that really shows just how much that did for the mood)

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

https://gifsound.com/?gifv=wi1gKk1&v=NfdPNMaBWI0

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Rubber shoes in motion!

EDIT: drat, I page snipe too much. Here's a visual representation of me page sniping

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 00:24 on Dec 2, 2016

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Ak Gara posted:

Oh you just did not.

Mach 5.2? No one's gonna hit that.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Technology sure has come a long way. It's amazing how that lady can use her VR equipment to remotely control the child in the background.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
This kills the fire.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Steve Holt! posted:

I like this new form of data moshing.

Do you, or anyone else here, know how to do this? I would like to do this.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Nordick posted:

I'm not a huge fan of their music either (though I like a couple of their songs) but I won't deny they're really talented at what they do. And the tall guy especially has some serious singing chops.

Unrelated .gif

OMG GET DOWN!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Nickiepoo posted:

I'm just posting to let you know that I loved this comment.

Me too!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

I love Uhura just frolicking towards the door :)

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
I last saw it in a gif, so I figured I'd ask here: anyone remember the music video where a fat guy is looking at an upside-down, spinning chair, then he sits in it (upside-down), then he gets sick? I could've sworn it was NIN - Closer, but it wasn't.

EDIT

OK, managed to find it under "fat guy upside-down spinning chair gif", but I still don't know where it's from. Anyone?

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 04:57 on Jun 14, 2017

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Thank you!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Wow, I Love Lucy was even more progressive than I thought!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Give it back it's head!!