Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gohuskies posted:

Luke and Leia kill the first Emperor clone together:

Appearing in his Eclipse-class dreadnought Eclipse above Pinnacle Base, Palpatine demanded the return of his stolen holocron and the presence of Leia, who complied, in exchange for a possible truce with the New Republic. When Leia arrived aboard Eclipse, she implored Luke for help—as foretold by Bodo Baas's Master a thousand years earlier. Skywalker managed to cast off the veil of the dark side that cloaked his mind and turned on Palpatine. Enraged at this latest development, Palpatine brandished a blue-bladed lightsaber and struck at Luke. Despite Palpatine's viciousness, Luke managed to defeat the Sith Lord in a brief but intense lightsaber duel, slicing off his hand.

Palpatine was hardly finished, summoning a Force storm against the New Republic fleet. However, the siblings banded together and, with the aid of the unborn Anakin Solo, were able to use the light side of the Force to temporarily sever Palpatine's connection to the Force. The Force storm, no longer under Palpatine's control, destroyed Eclipse, killing Palpatine again while the pair fled, ending the Battle of Pinnacle Base. His spirit survived and found its way into another clone body.

Of course Luke cuts off the Emperor's hand. Of course he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

i remember there was some guy who was Han Solo but not really named Talon Karrde and his ship was the Wild Karrde and he was from Correllia because naturally

That just reminds me of how in the MMO The Old Republic the "smuggler" class' outfit is what Han wore in the first movie, because that's obviously what all smugglers wear and not just a character's outfit. Its just like how in the first movie Luke and Obi Wan wear robes and that somehow becomes the Jedi outfit instead of just something people wear in a desert.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The good old Mofference.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Wasn't the whole human supremacy thing made up to lower the costume budget?

The "human supremacy" stuff isn't in the movies at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lincoln posted:

What exactly did Karen Traviss write that gets people so up in arms? I'm almost completely unfamiliar with EU novels.

She decided to write every Jedi character as borderline evil and the Mandalorians and Boba Fett as super awesome good guys. Even though this completely contradicted everything anyone else was writing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The main reason Traviss got kicked out of writing Star Wars books was because she wouldn't/couldn't keep consistent characterization during shared series. She's also the type of person who didn't take criticism well and would have online meltdowns.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

effectual posted:

Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

Luke: I don't think so. I'm looking for a great warrior.
Yoda: Ohhh. Great warrior.
[laughs and shakes his head]
Yoda: Wars not make one great.

Cue Yoda pulling out a miniature lightsaber.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TOILETLORD posted:

they need to make a jedi in the new trilogy a duelist that fights with a blaster and a saber at the same time. I really never under stood why they didn't have a blaster on hand how else are they going to easily kill a dude 100 meters away. Also you would think jedi's would pack a ton of grenades since they can use the force to make them go exactly where they want to.

Luke used a blaster just as much, perhaps more so, as a lightsaber in the OT.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neurosis posted:

jms' writing is really inconsistent, and it's not just a problem for b5

his comics are also wildly variable. he made it so gwen stacy and norman osborne had two kids lol. thank god that's been ignored

on the other hand supreme power was brilliant until marvel cancelled it, first replacing it with the inferior squadron supreme, written with more editorial oversight, then squashed completely and rolled into the main universe, and the first 1/3 of rising stars was really good, and overall the series was still pretty cool

Marvel didn't cancel it, he quit because he wanted to write movies and Marvel tried to retool the series by not doing stuff with JMS' characters but nobody liked it and that one they canceled. Recently there was a bunch of panels about universes being destroyed and they specifically did one for that one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

But Boner from Growing Pains is obviously the best Joker ever, much better than all those award winning actors who portrayed him in so call "real" Batman movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder if Porkins's actor knew that his character was named Porkins and he just needed the money back then, or if he just got a role listed for "Space pilot" and then learned after the fact that George Lucas was making fun of him.

He was in one of the Indiana Jones movies afterwards so I guess he didn't feel too bad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ThePutty posted:

at least the second death star makes sense, you wouldn't have just one death star when you could build 10 and scare everyone in the galaxy into submission

george lucas was still lazy though and just wanted to recapture a new hope

Someone, I think it was Lucas, said that they only blew up the Death Star because they didn't think they would actually get any more movies and if they had to do it over again it would have been saved for Return of the Jedi.

Also, while reading this thread I was struck by how stupid it is that they call them the "Clone" wars. Winners usually name wars after the defeated party, not the victors.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably one of the goofiest things from the prequels is the scene where Padme complains about democracy ending. Except the democracy they had sucked. Like, it was shown to be pretty much completely useless until Sheev took over.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Otisburg posted:

It sure is a good thing we raised all these children to a life as disposable soldiers so no people would ever have to die in these star wars, eh? :downs:

It makes a lot more sense that the Republic would be the ones with the droid army, while the Separatists would use a secret clone army. They could have even kept the clones = Stormtroopers thing by finishing the war and deciding to keep the surviving clones around as soldiers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

oohhboy posted:

There are de-specialized cuts if you go look for them. They are as close to a original theatrical cuts as they come with all the original GFX flaws. Not only does Han shoots first but Greedo doesn't get a shot off before slamming head first into the table in a smoking heap.

Topher Grace did a re edit of the PT that's supposed to be really good but was only shown once to a small group of people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

babypolis posted:

they said nixon lost agaisnt kennedy because he looked bad in tv, but in that picture nixon looks dignified and respectable while kennedy looks like he just came off a cocaine bender (not unlikely) so what the gently caress

Kennedy looks like he's one of those They Live aliens.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

burritolingus posted:

versus Emperor Chewed Gum Head.

IIRC that's just some random woman they kind of cludged some make up on. They didn't hire the PT guy to play Sheev until Return of the Jedi.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

Which movie is this I want to see some Princess Leia titties

Carrie Fisher has said that the slave outfit didn't stick to her very well and that since Anthony Daniels was standing behind her in a lot of the Jabba scenes he got a good view of pretty much everything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm pretty sure they mentioned it with his toy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Those immortal Force people showed up on an episode of The Clone Wars. Which was mostly notable for getting Liam Neeson back to voice Qui Gon's force ghost.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Monkey Man posted:

I think he couldn't appear in Episode III because he had a back injury.

Yeah, he gave an interview around when he was on the show and that was the reason he gave. He had really tore the crap out his back right around then so he wasn't doing anything at the time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

beanieson posted:

The blu ray releases added more retarded poo poo? I haven't seen the OT since the first dvd release :(

The Luke bit was a legit deleted scene that hadn't been seen before.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So what was Sheev going to do with Qui Gon didn't decide to Shanghai lil Anakin?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched a couple of episodes of that Rebels show and man, the kid character couldn't have been a bigger Luke knock off.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's totally not right. He's a Disney's Aladdin knock off. :colbert:

They did some weird stuff with him though where he's the same age as Luke (would be at the time) and was even born on almost the same day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its being reported that Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman have all joined the cast for The Force Awakens. Meaning that the fight scenes are about to get sick as hell.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Young Freud posted:

I've already made the jokes that they should change the subtitle to "Lightsaber Stab-And-Drag" and "Force Pushed Into Hard Corners".

Just waiting for someone to edit the kitchen scene to change the knives to lightsabers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lets go back to Endor, the forest moon which is full of nothing important to anyone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lucas is now saying that he was totally going to be directing Episode 7 himself (with a release date this year) but then Disney showed up and bought the property from him before he could.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hingehead posted:

He didnt say DARTH Tyrannus.

Sheev calls Dooku DarthTyrannus at the end of Episode II but its literally the only time in the movies where he's called that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like Cartilage Head from Achewood.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Those guys who run around pretending to be stormtroopers are really loving weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

I would swear I read a book as a child that said a Jedi could plot lightspeed jumps by using the force, but a cursory google search doesn't turn up anything substantial.

This thread inspired me to replay KOTOR 2 (fully patched), so I guess the EU isn't completely without merit.

KOTOR 2's combat is so lovely. I was playing it a while back but then got to a combat heavy section and decided that the game wasn't good enough to deal with that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

freethought posted:

I figure he is a racist and when he finished Red Tails, what he said to himself was "This oughtta shut those uppity negroes up". Bear in mind his least favourite Star Wars movie is the one which introduces a black character as a good guy.

Isn't his wife black?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Republic Commandos biggest problem as a game is that it doesn't have an ending. The story just kind of stops without any conclusion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fetus Tree posted:

Years after the Battle of Endor, Bossk retired from professional hunting. He later ran into Han Solo on a space stationorbiting Ord Mantell during the Yuuzhan Vong War. When he heard of Chewbacca's death, Bossk rubbed it in Solo's face, receiving a broken snout in return. The encounter escalated into a fight, and both Bossk and Solo were put into arrest cells. Solo was allowed to leave shortly before the invasion of the space station, but Bossk had to stay. The station was later destroyed, but just before the explosion, an escape pod jettisoned.

lol

Bossk also fought in the clone wars, because of course he did

"arrest cells" because jail or prison is too mundane?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Forced Unleashed 1's plot is hilariously bad but entertaining. 2 is just bad, with some pointless and unnecessary cameos and really nothing creative going on under the hood in any aspect of the game, it's a total cash-in. Letting you be Force Goku in Star Wars was a really good idea and having a plot where Vader and Sheev have to job is also OK, because at the end of the day, they are the iconic villains of Star Wars and most of the successive villains in the EU have been ripoffs of them.

Force Unleashed was playable all the way through but the game's only solution to increase the difficulty in any way was to prevent you from doing all the cool things you could do in the demo. Which is to say, the game was not difficult at all and fairly repetitive at that. Also a bit buggy. It's been way too long since an actual good Star Wars game came out.

Force Unleashed 2 was a victim of Lucasarts shutting down. It was the bare minimum of a game and right after the release they shut down the studio.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

oohhboy posted:

They didn't make anymore X-Wing Vs Tie Fighters because it would require them to make a good game.

They don't make that series because the genre died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cyberball 2072 posted:

This is the best force unleashed thing. The one about "how did Bob die?" Is pretty good too.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/02/01

I really wish more games paid for euphoria engine. Watching computer dudes cling to things for dear life is great.

Apparently the issue with Euphoria is that its a bitch to use. You have to build an engine around it instead of just plugging it in. That's pretty much why the only company that still uses it is Rockstar.

• Locked thread