Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kazil posted:

You should watch Gilmore Girls

I'm a manly man who only only eats raw meat and acid and that show is pretty funny. The daughter starts off bad (rumor was that she could never hut her marks so she had to be led around the set) and somehow gets worse. The rest of the cast is great.

Agents of Shield is up and it's not as awful as everyone initially claimed.
It's not good but I hear it gets pretty amazing toward the end of the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

One day I will marry Reggie Watts. We will still bang chicks but there will always be an unspoken connection between us.

One day, when we are old, he will look across the room at a dinner party and give me a warm smile. It is then that I know our love is real and eternal.

Also, Doug Dynasty is up if you like stoner stand-up, I guess.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ElGroucho posted:

Doug is really bad

I don't understand the appeal. The movie review spots he had in the first couple of episodes of the Comedy Bang Bang podcast were boring and not funny. I guess you have to really enjoy the stoner shtick.

Agreed. He's comedy, despite goofy, is a chore for people who are not currently high.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

epopt posted:

I also watched Samsara the other day, it's a documentary about humanity and nature, there's no real narrative it's just basically full of interesting imagery from different cultures and walks of life around the globe. I found it relaxing to watch.

Ohhhhhhh I could kiss you!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

syscall girl posted:

Weak.

I remember liking the Clerks cartoon. Since it was cancelled pretty quickly you could marathon the DVD in like 2-3 hours.

It had a lot of good gags.

BEAR DRIVE CAR
????!!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RZA did the music for the Blade movies and those are a national treasue.
No, not that "National Treasure". That movie was a Blade: Trinity.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

This may be your particular setup or something. I'm pretty anal about mixing and I've never noticed that or issues with lighting.

My setup is nice but I have to agree on the sound being pretty awful in the first season.
Now, the worst offend of lovely sound mixing is the DVD of Mars Attacks. It's actually impressive how bad it is.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks to this thread I'm starting Spartacus. Interesting to see some of the cast from Arrow walking around all naked-like.
Does this show get not poo poo after the first two episodes and please tell me they stop with the awful CG blood.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jesus Hernando Christ, I watched all of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt tonight. All of it instead of doing productive and adult things.
Goddamn that show was good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am a trillion seasons behind on Adventure Time? Are there any legit streaming sites that have most or all the episodes?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks for the heads up.

Anywhere I can watch all of Gravity Falls?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crow Jane posted:

I love Bourdain, and while I liked The Layover, the editing in it really bugged me. I get what they were trying to do with the split screens and sped-up pace and everything, but it didn't work for me. Plus I really, really hate shaky camera work.

Parts Unknown, on the other hand, is pretty great. The Tangier episode made me want to move there immediately.

We usually have CNN playing at work so a Parts Unknown marathon on the weekends is always a nice treat. I want to like him more but he lacks the charm of someone like Mike Rowe.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

titties posted:

I couldn't find this on Netflix or Prime, mind pointing me in the right direction?

Maybe Yahoo. Like they said.
You idiot.

Watched Zombeavers tonight. It was fine, I guess. Not all the interesting except for the last 10 minutes. Two of the girls somehow had southern accents only half the time and it hurt my brain.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Accidentally posted this in CD:

The Almighty Johnsons is on Netflix. It's a New Zealand show about a group of brothers that are also Norse gods.
Three seasons, no dumb cliffhanger. It's pretty funny and the show is completely aware of how silly the premise is. I liked it

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Turtlicious posted:

All 12 seasons of red vs blue is on netflix and it is still funny / great. Really really good.

Huh? I only see twelve episodes, not twelve seasons.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Watrick posted:

I finally got around to watching eXistenZ on Netflix and I was impressed. I've heard it compared to The Matrix, but I don't think that's totally accurate. It's closer to Inception than anything else (well, now that Inception out).

Maybe I was too tired or too jaded but I was not impressed at all. Cronnenberg is hit and miss for me anyway and by the end of the movie I just couldn't wait for it to be over.

To round out my terrible opinions: Agents of SHIELD season 2 has been up for a bit. Muscling through the first season was worth it. Bridging the gap with Inhumans is pretty exciting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ragequit posted:

Kung Fu Hustle - although sillier, it's great.

Edit: Not martial arts (but some fight scenes in a great setting), and also not well known (at least I had never heard of it before seeing it on Netflix): Snowpiercer

Hate to be a Goonie Gune but the more I think about Snow Piercer, the more I don't like it because the script could have been changed in small ways to make it way better.

As a glutton for bad movies and a prescription for rose-tinted glasses, I decided to watch Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle for the first time since I rented it a hundred years ago.
Do not watch this movie.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Edminster posted:

could u describe what changes you would make in exhausting detail

thanks in advance

Okay.

1) Did Captain America have amnesia? He should have just sold all of his problems with a shield toss and unyielding patriotism

2) the train should have been smaller and had wings. Would have solved a lot of problems.

3)if they were gonna eat bug then they should have just had cow like come on steak is way better than bug jello lol

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We learned that Helena Carter should do better movies.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A: Yes, Bojack isn't a comedy or for kids. It's a cartoon drama wrapped up in Nickelodeon visuals and it rules. The first two episodes are the worst, though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Watrick posted:

I found out Masters of Horror is up on Hulu today. If you don't know what that is, it was an hour long show on Showtime (I think) where they had a bunch of horror directors have a go. Some are better than others, but if you love horror it's a fun time.

Oh gently caress yes. Thanks!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Captain Lavender posted:

Star Trek Chat - I just noticed its all on there.

Did Enterprise ever get good enough to watch? Anything worthwhile there?

And if you had to choose between Voyager or Deep Space 9, which would you watch?

Voyager gets poo poo on a lot but I liked it quite a bit.
That being said, DS9 is a better show especially starting with season 3.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kazil posted:

After big graboids, small graboids, flying graboids and big graboids again, where does the series go? Swimming graboids?

Tax evasion graboids.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crow Jane posted:

Aziz Ansari's new Netflix series, Master of None, is pretty great so far.

Glad to hear it.
He's one of those guys I tend to avoid but usually love what he's in. Parks and Rec being the obvious example.

That's still of Netflix, I'm gonna watch it again!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jodai posted:

W/ Bob and David is on Netflix. I've only watched a few episodes but there are some very funny sketches and they all weave together just like Mr. Show.

Also, for those of you who just have Netflix on in the background, John Mulaney's special is worth your full attention. His mannerisms are a huge part of his act, especially during the real estate agent bit.

Very excited to see Mr. Show 2 is available. I love those guys. Mulaney could read a menu and I would watch him all day. That guy has a ton of talent. That being said, I thought New In Town was better.

Master of None, for me, is a lot like Louie in the sense that every episode has a build up of a relationship that culminates me me giving out one or two HUGE laughs. It's not really structured to have jokes every line. Overall, I really like it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

They're doing a Luke Cage & Iron Fist show, right?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Everyone should watch One Punch Man on hulu.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ryoshi posted:

Is this hilarious? It looks hilarious from what little I've learned about it through Internet osmosis.

Because I loathe most anime and the creator seems to as well, this has gotten some HUGE belly laughs from me so far.

Episode 2 and the exposition gag had me falling over.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Palpek posted:

Bill Burr's animated show "F is for Family" is legit. The idea is that it's the 70's and the head of the family melts down every episode about something that is a big deal to him. It helps that the main character is voiced by Bill Burr so if you're a fan you're in for a double-ride.

Good to hear.
Some streaming services are pumping out D grade animations like it's going out of style so wait for others to recommend them.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jodai posted:

I agree both series felt like they padded things out to wrap up at 13 episodes when they could have finished in ten, probably. Daredevil also had a lot of great fights. Jessica Jones didn't have great fights because that's not really what it was about. Her series felt different; a whole episode could go by without a fight but satisfying progress is still made towards a goal. I think Daredevil could have been a villain of the week type of thing.

I really liked both of them but I think I liked them in large part because of the potential for future seasons to be so much better as they build off of what happened.

I agree. Both series were pretty good and I have a gut feeling that season two for each will be much better.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

oldpainless posted:

Friends is on Netflix if anyone feels like watching the best sitcom ever made

I've seen through the whole series a few time and I've come to the conclusion that the Friends are really terrible people. Nothing they do is in keeping with any social conventions.

It's extra funny when you see everyone as the villain.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

syscall girl posted:

Whereas the characters in Always Sunny or Peep Show are much more honest.

Not even kidding.

I completely agree. Friends play at being normal, productive members of society but they are racists, homophobic and possibly sociopathic.

Sunny cast, at least, you know where they are coming from. Also terrible but... predictable?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Turtlicious posted:

This is the number one reason I love friends, and I hope that guy who watched every episode of Three's Company does another Blog about Friends, because someone needs to do a serious write up on how hosed up all those dudes are.

???
Mind linking that? Sounds interesting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

syscall girl posted:

It is not realistic to have a gigantic flat in Manhattan(?) rented out by marginally employed baristas.

They make one throwaway line about how Monica got it from her aunt (?) And it is rent controlled.

I've never lived in Manhattan but it seems weird to have a MASSIVE apartment tat neighbors a tiny lovely one. I'd assume they'd be pretty uniform.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Huh, I guess that makes sense. The only apartments I've lived in have been the open air motel layouts. Not a lot of stacked apartment buildings in Portland.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Palpek posted:

In one of the searches I found by accident that Netflix has ambient sound videos - like fireplace videos etc. That's fine I guess but then there's the "Oscilating Fan For Your Home" one which in itself is weird until it gets to the next level when you realize that it has...subtitles for the hearing impaired:

I feel like a monster but I did laugh at it.

Goddamn.
That's pretty great if you need white noise to sleep and also... light. Uh. Maybe it's for fussy babies?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In addition to those, I like Myq Kaplain.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

10 Beers posted:

I've heard good things about Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD, but I've never watched either one.

SHIELD is really odd because the first season is noooooooooot great but after that it gets pretty dang entertaining.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mountain Men was pretty okay. Tyler Labine is always fun and his brother directed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

galahan posted:

all some of season 2 Rick and Morty is up on adult swim's website.
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty
E: Well that sucks, now I watched them out of order.

When I tried before, the player would crash eleven minutes in, no matter what.
I tried, against my better judgement, Internet Explorer and it worked.
I felt so dirty.