Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Haerc posted:

Suggesting Deathgasm, a heavy metal horror movie. Not going to spoil anything, but at one point some ones dick gets cut off with a weed-whacker.

Honestly I could have done without the dick jokes, but otherwise it's a solid pick, and if it wasn't 10:00 on a Tuesday, I probably would have stayed up all night listening to all the metal after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

At first glance, that smacked of an ABC Family preteen sci-fi/drama. Did I count it out too soon?

For reference, what little of Hemlock Grove I've seen is some of the worst media produced by a profit-seeking entity that I've ever had the misfortune of being subjected to. I only bring it up because it's another Netflix series described as supernatural and scifi, and I want one of those Men in Black memory eraser thingys so goddamn bad

I wonder if the Men in Black cartoon is streaming anywhere, I remember that being pretty good for a Saturday Morning movie cash in

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Palpek posted:

New season of BoJack is really good guys. Maybe even the best so far but I'm only after 3 first episodes so it may still take a dive I guess. The episode making fun of the year 2007 as if it was making fun of the 70's or something was a joy to watch. Everything is as depressive as ever and they cranked up the self-aware animal jokes. Todd is still an absolutely worthless character that isn't even that funny, I don't get the reason for his existence outside of being voiced by Aaron Paul. I like that this series has an actual resolving plot and character arcs though.

Episode 4 is either really great or really bad, it seems to be pretty polarizing; I'm in the really great camp. But as per usual the season is brutal later episode 9+. All in all I do also think it's the best season so far.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fumaofthelake posted:

Ignore the above post. Give it 4 or 5 episodes.

Yeah, it was about then for me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm having issues with Hulu lately. First it hangs up on my PS4, and the Android ap has a new and very terrible interface, but at least it works.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Inzombiac posted:

The app on my TV loves to play the second batch of commercials and then completely crash.

It was doing that for me for a while, then it stopped.

food court bailiff posted:

Hulu has always been a garbage fire of an app, though. Their search on consoles is just unforgivable.

Have you seen the new app interface? They've apparently decided that it looked too much like Netflix and made it impossible to navigate

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Eh, I have Hulu because they gave it to me for $5 a month, plus I get to watch some good shows I normally couldn't watch due to not having cable TV.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

theflyingexecutive posted:

Five minute rule for a show is insane. The worst season of most great comedies is the first, and the worst episode of that is usually the pilot

Yeah, unless the pilot is unwatchably bad, I usually give pilots that I don't like one or two more episodes before writing it off.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arcsquad12 posted:

I stick to the one episode rule on anime, especially stuff that Netflix does. Knights of Sydonia's first episode was incomprehensible junk so I never bothered going further.

I stick to the no episode rule when it comes to anime

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:same: I could never really get into 30 Rock. Like it wasn't bad, but I didn't have a desire to watch it either.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Oldstench posted:

Oh my god the new Hulu interface is poo poo.

:agreed:

I often wonder what were they thinking

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

food court bailiff posted:

They were thinking "how can we make this actively poo poo to use" because it's run by a bunch of cable and network TV companies with an active stake in people not streaming poo poo all the time. Genuinely curious how you didn't know that.

Eh, considering that I'm perfectly content watching TJ Hooker on MeTV with an antenna, they should be happy I'm giving them $6 per month.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I thought the end of 10 Cloverfield Lane was good enough, especially since it turned out that John Goodman was right the whole time (even if he was a creepy monster).

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mystes posted:

I recently subscribed to Hulu again because there was something specific I wanted to watch, but this kind of thing is really annoying

I had forgotten that having just a few recent episodes was a thing they did. It may have been ok when it was free, but now it's just ridiculous

Hulu's contracts are even more esoteric to me than Netflix's. There have been times where I wanted to catch up on something only to find they're hosting only the final 3 episodes of last season, a month later the full series is up, then a couple weeks later it's only the last half of the recent season.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I watched it, they're wolves, OP

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
At some point Hulu quietly added two TBS seasons of American Dad! :3:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like Hulu because they only charge me $6 a month, and it means I can watch The Good Place/Superstore/Bob's Burgers on Saturday afternoon.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My roommate was in a bad mood yesterday, and in an attempt to lighten the mood I found a British show called Kitten Rescue. It absolutely delivers on the title, you get to watch Brits pull cats out of chimneys and whatnot.

But, I've watched two episodes, and there are amputations in both. Not the papered over, "and unfortunately they couldn't save Sima's leg so it had to be amputated" that I would have to expected. No, they actually show the amputation procedure.

I'm not a squeamish person, but I didn't really need to see how it's done. :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rolo posted:

Got a Disney+ trial so I figured I’d get caught up on the last 10 or so years of Simpson’s I missed.

I know the old seasons are considered the best but this is downright terrible, even as background noise. Decided to skip through and just watch the Halloween specials and I can’t do that either.

No one should ever watch the new Simpsons.