Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I already mentioned this in the CD Netflix thread, but go to Amazon and watch The Visitor. Thank me later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My wife and I have been watching Gracepoint and I think it's pretty good. Haven't seen Broadchurch, though.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Halloween Jack posted:

"Hello, mother-in-law? You want to watch something? Well my best friend says this Black Mirror show is like the Twilight Zone, I know you like that sort of thing..."

That was an awkward cocktail hour.

Well, at least on the Wii and my Blu-ray player the description even compares the two....and on my parents Roku. They went into it blind and were a bit surprised after the first episode. I guess Netflix could have different descriptions on other machines.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Forever_Peace posted:

This is the first time I have watched anything on TV where the lighting and sound mixing is so bad, it's actually acutely distracting. Like, I'm not anal about this in the slightest and don't know a thing about how it usually works, but I really hate having to constantly turn the volume up for dialogue and down for action multiple times an episode, and all the characters are bizarrely shiny from multiple improbable directions.

This may be your particular setup or something. I'm pretty anal about mixing and I've never noticed that or issues with lighting.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Oldstench posted:

Why would anyone cringe about watching IT crowd?

Because they aren't IT'ing correctly.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

ExCruceLeo posted:

Is there anywhere that I can watch Modern Family? I've caught a few eps on t.v. and it looks like it might be funny.

According to canistream.it, Amazon has some seasons for sale at $1.99/episode. Maybe a foreign Netflix has it? I've seen a few episodes here and there. I like it well enough, but my wife hates it.I think it's the way it's shot that she doesn't like (similar to a reality show).

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Rolo posted:

Expendables 3 is up! You're all welcome.

How does it compare to the other two? I liked the first one but have never finished the second. Every time I started Expendables 2,I either fell asleep or ended up doing something else.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

There's a new original show on Netflix called Pacific Heat; is it just an Aussie ripoff of Archer, or worth watching?

Using IMDB as an indicator, it's either really funny or pretty bad. 4.5 with 59 votes, and people in their forums said the animation is horrible and is more like "a bad cartoon version of NTSF:SD:SUV" however others really like it even if it's a ripoff of Archer.

Looks like you might just have to give it a try.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

JediTalentAgent posted:

Sort of a derail, but I sort of want to recommend if you have a device that can play it to download the Pluto TV app for just tuning in on something random. Unlike other streaming services that let you pick your shows, this one lets you just pick a channel and it will be streaming a schedule of programming on it. (So, like flipping channels on live TV)

So far it seem free, no commercials and has an odd amount of variety once you get to their TV and Movie channels. I think 1-2 channels is almost exclusively MST3K content, you have a ShoutTV channel, a drive-in movie channel, a horror channel, etc. It does sort of have issues because you can't rewind or FF, but on the other hand its sort of great for flipping through and finding some interesting content.

Sounds interesting.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Inzombiac posted:

Seen the mobile version?
Hooooly poo poo.

It's like the first time installing it every time you open it with the "wait while we see what you like"-bit. Then, once you're in the most you can get is 1-2 movies per screen while scrolling. I can't wait for the next update to see how they can make it worse.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

wormil posted:

This. I chalk it up to the usual hating anything with "Will Smiff" crowd.

Most of what I've seen is wokes giving negative reviews, etc. because of Max Landis. Sure, he might be skeezy but that doesn't mean he can't make a decent movie. Max Landis and Roman Polanski could co-direct a movie deemed the best buddy cop flick ever starring James Franco and Kevin Spacey and I'd happily give it a shot.

That's my hot take.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

sajobi posted:

Hold the Dark is on Netflix now. Anyone else was utterly confused? Although I will definitely watch it again, director said in some interview that he had a meaning behind it all, I just missed it on the first watch.

I watched up until just after the gunfight when one of my kids woke up and I took him back to bed. That was a few weeks ago and have never been bored enough to watch the rest of it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Twerk from Home posted:

You don't have to go to Hulu for those, all of the major broadcast networks maintain their own streaming apps that are free.

Yeah, CBS is free every month for $9.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

We've got 2 Roku TVs and two Roku Express devices. They're super easy to set up and use. I've never understood the love for the Chromecast. A Roku Express is within a few dollars of a chromecast and doesn't require yet another device to make it work.