Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Non-turkey day lunch. Bulgogi jeongal, daikon pickles and cuke kimchi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

sweat poteto posted:

Roast red cabbage pasta bake

Interesting. What all did you do?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Would eat all that

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Beef stew, fresh bread, Tyranena Rocky's Revenge

BLEAT

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Everybody's gonna eat my nuts on Christmas.

Masala chai roasted walnuts, pecans, and almonds.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Junior G-man posted:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

:drat: :eyepop:

Also, gently caress peeling grapes.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Christmas dinner.

Sous vide turkey porchetta, modernist potato puree, sous vide glazed carrots, green beans with bacon and onions.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

idk how DnF did hers, but I blanched and chilled mine, fried up bacon, fried onions in bacon fat, deglazed the pan with a glug of white wine and a big knob of cold butter to emulsify, tossed the beans into heat, served.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

wheez the roux posted:

e: made banh mi on fresh pain a l'ancienne

gently caress you gimme that

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

wheez the roux posted:

poo poo picture because i wasn't gonna gently caress around wasting time before i put these in my mouth. sous vide sliders, cooked rare and finished with the searzall. on the leftmost burger you can see the chopped chilis i put under the patty in-n-out style (i also blistered the jalapeño up with the searzall before chopping)

would

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

modernist mac, roasted broc and cauliflower, italian sausage

homemade ricotta, olives, garlic pickled mushrooms, pane sciocco

lard braised carnitas, cotija, pickled onions, roasted tomatillo salsa verde

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Woof! Woof! posted:

By lard braised carnitas do you mean "carnitas"?

I had to differentiate because a lot of people are braising pork in stock or something else and calling then carnitas, and that's bullshit.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

General Tso congee with do chua, angry lady, scallion

Double smashburg with double fried fries

Sole meunière with braised greens and rice pilaf

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Axikal posted:

Ah yes, calling something I made "dumb" is totally friendly. It's really not that big a deal to be honest, so let's not derail over one person's dumbassed comment or my response. I don't mind a difference of opinion but seriously, let's keep it friendly and not get all lovely. It's food! The best thing on the planet.

You're dumb.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

wheez the roux posted:

he is, but the general elitist attitude of this forum is also why i almost never post here so i see where he's coming from

This is such a weird comment I've seen for years. Like, theres a shitload of "elitist" attitudes in all the other subforums I read, but I feel like GWS is the only one that gets called out routinely.

I guess I'm the elitist if I don't see the elitism?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Drink and Fight posted:

Also stop loving posting like that jesus christ this forum used to have standards.

If mindphlux used to get probated for not using the shift key before he won the challenge, this person should get probated so hard for posting like an anime dumb.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

beerinator posted:

Then I thought about this awesome "bread cheese" and things were good (yes, this is all cheese).

Oh man, I love carr valley so much

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

pajeon drunk snack

weisswurst and ultra crispy taters and roasted carrots

monte cristo madam with rye bread

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

7 Bowls of Wrath posted:

Holy poo poo
:fap:

Did you put pastrami in the monte cristo or ham?

It's all ham. Pastrami sounds p good though.

wheez the roux posted:

there were a few people who didn't want any, which is fine. but one of them was a girl who looked visibly repulsed by them. then when one of our later instructors came in he brought some standard safeway sugar cookies with sprinkles and she was all over those. idgi

Those look great and that chick is crazy

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Hed posted:

For dessert that smitten kitchen red wine chocolate cake someone posted. Used an open bottle of Gun Bun in the cake then topped with some vanilla cream, raspberries, and a raspberry infused balsalmic. It was terrific!

I always and forever recommend this cake cuz its so dang good

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Eggless pancakes cuz I apparently dont have eggs in the fridge right now. Taste pretty good, a bit dense though. At least I know I can still pancake when I don't have egg around.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Drink and Fight posted:

I bet this was delicious but your plates are hilarious.

:agreed:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Pierat posted:

The plates actually rule.

Hilarious doesn't equate bad?

Unlike gravity's, which are eye-searingly bad.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Them some good pics.

There's a similar Japanese dish like pajeon right? God a recipe for yours, as well as whatever sauce you might dip with it?

Yeah, okonomiyaki is kinda similar.

I dont really use a recipe anymore, just dump stuff together until the consistency is correct. It's probably pretty close to Maangchi's recipe though. http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/pajeon

Chicken and andouille jambalaya for Fat Tuesday

Meatballs in red sauce tonight

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Yeah I usually wing things too, but I've never actually had any these types of pancakes so I wanted a decent baseline, thanks. I'm pretty sure I've got a similar recipe from Cooking with Dog booked somewhere too. Any other sauce recommendations besides the hot sauce in there?

That gumbo is awesome

A standard soy ginger garlic sesame would be pretty good.

Or maybe nuoc nam. Fish sauce garlic sugar lime.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

sharkattack posted:

url]

red velvet molten cakes

I got a huge food boner right now

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Baked rice?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Aha that makes a lot more sense.

Tried to class up some leftovers. Leftover 24hr sous vide chuck seared off again in a pan super quick, roasted brussels, and leftover cheesy mashed potato cakes with beer gravy

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Bucatini sauced with a touch of pasta water, ricotta, parmesan, 24hr chuck, quick pan roasted carrots

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Lazy ramen
Packet of Nong Shim Black, can of tuna, celery and carrot matchsticks, softboiled egg, radish kimchi, enoki and oyster mushrooms, toasted sesame seeds, sesame oil, scallion, roasted nori sheets

BELT and kale chips
Homemade sourdough toasted in bacon fat, Nueskes applewood bacon, red zebra tomato, green leaf lettuce, crispy egg, garlic mayo, kale chips dusted with neutral oil, salt, and korean chili powder

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

You and I have very different definitions of lazy

franco posted:

Took the words right out of my mouth. That's hardly nuking a HUNGRY-MAN™, Casu!

idk, I just cut some carrots and celery and mushrooms up, tossed everything in a pot, and boiled an egg. Everything else I had in the fridge ready to go. Took like 20 minutes start to finish.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

sharkattack posted:

Nah, that's my half-effort kind of meal. Lazy for me would be what I did yesterday for lunch... I spread leftover pizza sauce (as in the sauce I asked the pizza place for on the side when I ordered a pizza) on a toasted everything bagel thin, then sprinkled it with pre-shredded mozzarella cheese, and broiled it. Sometimes I make really embarrassing, trashy, bachelor-y "meals."

Your BELT sandwich looks loving fantastic, by the way---specifically, the toasty crunchiness of that bread.

Rockfish (aka pacific snapper) burritos with homemade guac:

I love BELTs, just wish I had some avo so I could BLEAT.

Either that's mutant huge cilantro or an itty bitty burrito :kimchi:

Speaking of :kimchi: :

Green beans stir fried with oyster mushrooms, garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, black vinegar, sesame

Perilla, radish, and green onion kimchis

Bulgogi topped with lots of sesame oil and some enokis fried quickly in the leftover bulgogi liquid

LETTUCE WRAP, MOTHERFUCKERS :snoop:

Edit: Sorry, not sorry for the lovely instagram collage

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Fenris13 posted:

It actually should just be perspective, you can see the burrito is nearly twice as tall as the ramekin of guac, and with the leaf being flat, you can get a sense that the leaf and burrito are both normal size.

Yeah. sharkattack also shot with a 100mm lens which really compresses any objects in the background making em appear a lot closer/bigger than they should.

hey, what kind of a setup are you running anyway, sharkattack? Camera on tripod with a strobe?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Sex Hobbit posted:

Not as pretty as Casu Marzu's and I overshot the egg a bit, but it's still tasty as hell.

(Yes, I like carrots. A lot.)

Would eat that. Looks great.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Would

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Flaggy posted:

Is there a thread for this kind of stuff? I have always wanted recipes for this.

If you mean ramen, I'm pretty sure he used instant ramen, like I did. :v:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Nong shim black is so loving good for an instant pack

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Started with these triple-cut, bone-in monsters

Brined em overnight

Roasted the chops over low charcoal for 50 minutes, stoked the fire up blazing hot and seared em off on all sides, pulled at 133F, coasted up to 142F, served with saffron rice and grilled zucchini, squash, onions and mushrooms

The money shot

Ugh so full

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

gently caress yeah,tongue owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Cooked tongue is super easy to peel

• Locked thread