Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
GoRuck bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Are you taking any D3 supplements?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Gizmo Chicken posted:

I'm starting a new job that will necessitate me sleeping during the day. Any recommendations for a good sleep mask or something of the sort?

Third shift worker reporting in. This is what you want:
Black out curtains
White noise machine
Melatonin
Ear plugs if living in a area with lots of noise traffic
F.lux or something similar on phones / computers to prevent exposure to blue light prior to going to sleep

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

signalnoise posted:

You could consider the Autonomous Ergochair. It gets good reviews based on its price. It's basically a knock-off of much more expensive and much better chairs, but it delivers well for its price point. It's either that or get a Steelcase off craigslist. Anything under 200 is basically the same old garbage to me.

Another option is the IKEA Markus.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

bongwizzard posted:

I desperately want to get a better computer chair, but first I need to get a proper desk as my current one is an old sewing machine table, which means I can't get my legs all the way underneath it due to the mechanism.

Sitting at it for more than an hour or two loving kills my back, which I guess sort of works out as this way I don't spend a lot of time farting around online.

In any case, anyone have a desk that they love? I'm looking for something with maybe 4 to 5 feet wide and 3 to 3 1/2 feet deep. I would like drawers on the left-hand side and preferably a pull out writing tray thing.

IKEA kitchen counter top + drawers as legs + another single leg in the middle for stability.

I opted for the KARLBY which is only 98x25" since I wanted the extra horizontal space. They have another KARLBY kitchen island version which is 74x42".

This is my setup: for the most part

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Lazy plebs need to just drink your eggs.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Iron Crowned posted:

CPAP machine

Why stop there? Get intubated and put on propofol.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
I love using a HEPA air filter as my white noise.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Leavemywife posted:

My wife wants a new laptop for doing school work, since her old one has hit the old parts store in the sky. I'm looking for something inexpensive, but dependable and reliable. Just something that'll do great for homework, and maybe run some simple games (100% OJ, etc).

I'd like to spend less than $300, but I'm willing to go up to $400.

There is a dedicated laptop thread that you might have more luck in:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552651&perpage=40

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

ishikabibble posted:

Can anyone recommend a sub-$100 desk chair? Ideally it'd be nice if it was at least a bit ergonomic, but I can deal with it if it isn't. Just need something to use for the next nine months.

They are all pretty much the same garbage that won't last. So really, pick your poison.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

anyone know the best place to buy usb c cables? just upgraded to a phone that uses them and would like some extras

Monoprice?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
When sleeping in other beds, are you also not sitting in a particular chair while at home?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

I need new headphones. Would like over-the-ear style for my tiny ears (buds/pods don't work) with no real preference for wired vs wireless. Suggestions?

There is an entire thread for headphones.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Is the Philips Norelco Shaver 7500 a good shaver? I got one for Christmas and I’m trying to decide whether to swap it for a Braun or possibly save the money for a Nintendo Switch.

Shave with the Nintendo Switch.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inspector 34 posted:

Looking to pickup a new laptop for work and I'm curious about brands I should avoid. I really like my ThinkPad but it's older and has been having issues, plus it struggles to run kodi on my 2nd screen while I'm working. Would like to also play a few games, but nothing with real crazy graphics. Budget is around $1000 max.

There is a dedicated Laptop Megathread that will be better to answer your question with up to date information.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m looking for an electric water kettle for making coffee. The most I need at any time is 20 oz, probably less. I want something that I can buy once and never think about again. Help?

I've had this for 6 years and it is still kicking strong. https://smile.amazon.com/Cuisinart-...ic+water+kettle

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inspector 34 posted:

How long are you expecting to store this boiling water?

You freeze it and use it for later duh.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

EricBauman posted:

My Nexus 7 is showing signs of slowly dying.
I'd prefer a device that's as nearly identical to it as possible, but what I'm looking for may not exist:
- Clean Android, no manufacturer crapware;
- About Nexus 7 sized. That one had a 7 inch screen but a lot of bezel space, so I'm kind of flexible on this;
- Available in Europe;
- A lot more recent so it can last me another couple of years.

What are my options? Am I looking for a product that no longer exists?

Recommend me a Phone or Plan Megathread

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

KoB posted:

Nexus 7 is a tablet.

Recommend me a Tablet Megathread!

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Tunicate posted:

Is there a recommend me a laptop megathread?

Laptop Megathread....!!!!11!

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

obi_ant posted:

Can someone suggest to me some sleeping headphones? My wife’s snoring is pretty intense and I’m apparently a very light sleeper. I’ve had those foam ear plugs in and I can still hear the snoring. A white noise machine wouldn’t work well as I’m fairly confident she’ll be able to drown it out. I want it to be wireless too. I’ve seen some on Amazon, but I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions before I blindly make a purchase.

Custom fitted ear plugs.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Like a desk that directly faces a corner of the wall? Should probably check out ikea.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

baquerd posted:

Any dashcam recommendations?

A119S v2, without gps.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
What type of window do you have? If you can avoid the portable A/Cs as they are not worth the money unless it is your only option. Expensive, heavy, noisy, and super inefficient. Definitely, opt for a window based unit if you are able to.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

m.hache posted:

Looking for a large capacity water bottle for the office. Something 32oz or larger without looking like I'm lugging around a massive bubba.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06XRF4...D&pd_rd_w=sipO3

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Just get whatever vacuum insulated bottle from Amazon. I carry a 1L and a 2L Hydroflask bottles to work because I can't drink room temperature water.

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hydroflask

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Really nothing good in that price range. The only real option at that price point is Ikea Markus or something because of their warranty.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Only problem I’ve found with aquapel right now is that there are tons of fakes floating around.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

I. M. Gei posted:

My dad wants a new watch for his birthday later this month. It needs to have a leather band and show both the date and the time. I don’t have a whole ton of money to spend, but it’d be good for it to at least look nice.

What are my options?

You might get better responses in the watch / accessory thread over in the YLLS sub forum.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Invisible Glass in the spray can.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

bamhand posted:

Is there a specific thread for mattresses or would I look for recommendations here? Trying to decide between latex, memory foam or some kind of hybrid. And also if there's a big difference between say a 400 dollar Zinus memory foam mattress vs a 1200 one or 400 dollar latex hybrid vs 1200 all latex.

https://www.sleeplikethedead.com has more information than you know what to do with.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Not sure about interior windows, but when my shower doors get heavily deposited with crap, I found polishing clears stuff up the best. Something milder with bar keepers friend to something a little more abrasive like NuFinish / Carpro Ceriglass. Then if you want to go out all you can go with cerium oxide, but it is super messy and annoying to work with.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

I. M. Gei posted:

I’m looking for a home generator. Something for power outages that can power our fridge, my dad’s CPAP, our A/C, and possibly a few other things depending on price. So something that can power 3 things at the very least, but possibly up to 8 or 10.

Suggestions?

If you don't get a good answer here, I would try over at the Home Ownership thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inzombiac posted:

Is there an app where I can take pictures of my house and swap colors of stuff?

I'm closing on a house and want to paint first but would like to slap on some pallettes just to get a feel first.

In case you don't find anything, it is pretty simple to do in Gimp or Photoshop. Well, for the most part.