Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

{Pure Amazing}

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
There was some dissent towards the bottom of the comments though, so all hope is not lost.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I was going to get out of photography because I was "bad at it" .. then I find stuff like this and think "you know .. I wasn't terrible"...

Reflections from Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A. / The Queen City by jorge molina, on Flickr

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I honestly thought that was some weird spaceship from a Sega Genesis at first glance and got really confused

Kinda looks like a cruise ship the more I see it....

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

:vince:

Set HDR ... to 11.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

learnincurve posted:

I don't know what's going on with petapixel, but this week they have given the best advice, including "How to Harness the Power of the Midday Sun for Your Photos" (shoot in the morning or use F11) and informed everyone of a brand new and innovative feature nikon have in "Bye Bye Backfocus: See How Nikon’s Auto AF Fine Tune Works". But the best artical containing advice that I believe we can all learn something from is "D800 vs D3100: Can You Actually See a Difference?" http://petapixel.com/2016/04/21/d3100-vs-d800-can-actually-tell-difference/ in which you can try and guess which low resolution web sized image was taken with which camera. I guess we can all sell our semi pro and pro bodies and buy an old entry level now, thanks petapixel!

Don't forget the argument for Program mode article and the (IMO) awful street photography photos within.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

torgeaux posted:

At least the comments to that article showed some intelligence.

Yes, it was as if most of them all aligned in thought and said "no, we must correct this grievous mistake" and pointed out the problems with that post.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Dren posted:

the P stands for professional

K-Rock is a great troll. Watching people like that goon Jared Polin freak out over his website is classic. Man there is so much anger in photography :bahgawd:

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

rio posted:

I would just get a replica or non-working 5D to hang around my neck and look cool so that everyone knows that I mean business when I shoot with my iPhone.

Nah get a large format to tote with you.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I can ride my bike with no handleba.... Seat.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

unpacked robinhood posted:

This guy looks like he has gigantic rear end/thighs

I have heard this guy talk several times and could not imagine that is what he looked like. What is going on here? Is it some weird super wide? Ugh its messing with my head .. his head does not fit that body.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

nmfree posted:

According to him, he had a very goony physique, then lost a bunch of weight, but his hips/thighs didn't get the memo. He's very sensitive about it.

I was wondering if he lost a bunch of weight. Good for him. I can understand the being sensitive part .. sucks the rest of him didn't get the memo. :(

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Spedman posted:

He thinks he's the Rock, but he's more Kevin James

https://flic.kr/p/j6cZNV

That's not him .. can't be, there isn't enough HDR.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I think a book entitled "what I see" by Stevie Wonder would have better images.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Looking through his post history. Wow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/photography/comments/6mhxeg/i_have_made_many_foolish_decisions_as_someone_who/

"For my trip to Grand Teton National Park, I tried to rent about $20,000 worth of gear. My parents made me send it back after a heated argument."

:derp:

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 18, 2017

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
His post history is an enjoyable read in the book of "someone who makes far more rash decisions than me".

Oh, here's another good one ... "Ken Rockwell inspired me to look into large format and to get the photos right at the scene instead of repairing them."

Edit: Oh god I better stop ..

Ahh .. found my way out of the weird stuff.

Apparently the lens doesn't matter much:

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 18, 2017

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

torgeaux posted:

I read it and can't help think it sounds like a 14 year old, not a 21 year old. Of course, he is going to Christian college, so there's that.

He's said several times in comments he has autism so I guess that makes a bit more sense now in hindsight.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Helen Highwater posted:

Yeah, it's super obvious he's on the spectrum. I used to be part of a forum that was graced by legendary autist Ullillia, and this guy reminds me so much of him. The laser focus on inconsequential stuff and the inability to look at a larger picture is super-typical behaviour.

It's over saturated.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

rio posted:

I am reading that in the "it's tape" voice.

I hear it now too and got a good laugh out of that.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

I see the force is strong with this one.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Revisit to a Redditor from a couple weeks back, he's still out there giving advice which is hilarious considering his recent posts shared on here:

"There is such a thing as too much gear"

AKA "Mom and Dad got mad and made me send it all back"

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

8th-snype posted:

I mean he's not wrong, he's just not right for the correct reasons.

Indeed.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

*blinks eyes, makes camera shutter sound with mouth*

It's all stored in my minds eye, you techno-sluts.

Your little avatar seems to be imitating this very thing.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I'm late on this but ..

....it's over saturated.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

rio posted:

Gold Star Award - Level 1
You are invited to add this exceptional image to
GOLD STAR AWARD

(Flickr comments are cancer)

You've now offended cancer and hurt its feelings.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Surprised no butt crack

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Randomly clicked on this ... he's at it again! This time he wants to start his own gallery!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/comments/86bq32/i_am_interested_in_starting_a_gallery_for/

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I feel bad because pretty much all his posts are just low hanging fruit.....

I have to edit this as I found a better low hanging fruit. I think this might take the prize.

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 23, 2018

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

President Beep posted:

You been batin’ baitin’ them owls?

:toughguy:

Go away, baitin!

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Helen Highwater posted:

Yes. He's never seen actual architecture, so he thinks that some faux-classical brick and concrete column is going to be a good subject for 72" metal prints that sell for thousands of dollars each.

You've ruined my dreams to become wealthy now! Ruined!

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

xzzy posted:

It's an ugly tower in an ugly location, but even with that in mind he picked the worst possible angle and time of day to shoot it.

Surely large format would fix those issues.

I dunno those lit lamp posts are really adding to the atmos.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

rio posted:

Minimum...more like large format film because people will look smaller on a large format.

I think we need a new format .. mega format.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Blast those documentaries that haven't told me to not start big!!!

I can't make this stuff up people!

Edit:

He has thoughts about that there big camera too!

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 18, 2018

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Helen Highwater posted:

Nobody does. I have no idea what their target market is. People with too much money and a gear fetish are going to buy digital Hasselblads. Fine art photographers who want to use large format gear will still use film because there's no compelling reason to spend a hundred grand on swapping one set of limitations for a different set. I remember reading about the guy who had a custom digital 8x10 made for him (it also cost around $100k) because he figured that over the life of the thing it would save him that much in time, effort and cost of shooting test polaroids before taking the final shot. Even with his monstrous CCD though, he still took the real shot on film.

Maybe there are some art archivists who are salivating over this thing?

Folks like our buddy on reddit are his target market. He will reconsider and steal some cash from his parents to fund his fetish.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Yond Cassius posted:

Yes, everyone knows 18 would have been the minimum there.

But with only 12 megapickles he won't be able to make 40x60 prints that sell for thousands of dollars!

also his fetish is poo poo, not cameras

Nah his fetish is cameras. Have you seen his photos? XD

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 19, 2018

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

President Beep posted:

I wonder if the guy from Reddit discussed ITT would allow this to be included in his super exclusive image repository thingy. I mean, it's not baiting.

Nah those greens are too green. Far too much "to the right on saturation".

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I have never seen that subreddit. Someone is paying $5 for 5000 real instagram account names. They want them to all be verified so its all done manually....

So in comparison that photoshop job is paying well.

:eyepop:

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

xzzy posted:

Gonna upload 200 raw astrophotography shots taken across two nights in different atmospheric conditions and ask them to be manually registered and have gradients created by airglow removed. But the galactic core has to remain visible.

$5

Hmm ... I think it's still too much. Try $3, they seem to love being lowballed.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

hope and vaseline posted:

i'll admit it took a while for me to see the goatse

I’ll admit it was instant for me. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I often think I’m a terrible photographer but then I see the WH photographer and understand I’m simply mediocre.