Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Voting in the Fisher by-election today, any green goons out and about handing out how to vote cards?

Fellow Fisher resident here. I'm voting Dan Wood (ind), Greens, other independent, ALP, dems (yes, they still exist apparently), and etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

sidviscous posted:

I've dived off the outer reefs twice in the last 3 years and the difference even to someone unfamiliar with the area is pretty profound.

I'm going to have to get my gf up there before it's all gone

And when it dies out, the glorious liberal party can drill the area for oil! Which will create jobs! Did I mention jobs?!

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

And it'll be Labor's fault, just like our budget emergency. Curse you union thugs and your irresponsibility :argh:

YEAH! How dare they push for social support and fair wages at work!

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
http://www.abc.net.au/elections/sa/2014/fisher/result.htm

It's not looking good at the moment :welp:

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Matthew Beet posted:

Woodyatt is getting slammed. What has (or hasn't) he done?

Well Fisher has always been a liberal seat. The libs always came second after Bob Such, and even he used to be a liberal party member.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Reason to punch Pyne in the neck #547

What's #1?

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Starshark posted:

With this amazing new law that's just passed the senate, I read an article that says all references to the refugee convention are removed from Australian law. Does that mean we're no longer a signatory?

Should I put my swastika armband on now?

Nuclear Spy posted:

Phoneposting but there was some recent slamming regarding some Nazi-inspired imagery in a music clip from a band he used to play in, not sure how much that contributed though.

1. he was just the drummer of the band, and had nothing to do with the video

2. It was a song preaching against war and violence (all war documentaries also feature nazi footage, it doesn't glorify it, and neither does the clip)

3. of course the media get their panties in a bunch because "LOL METAL/PUNK IS ABOUT VIOLENCE"

4. only family first would bitch and moan about one music clip

Cpt Soban fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Dec 6, 2014

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

homebrew posted:

That depends a bit on your perspective. Given the crisis in the Education department and the massive ESL hike, for the ALP candidate to get a nearly 7% swing too them in a traditionally Liberal seat is, I'd argue most impressive.

It's impressive that the ALP candidate got that many votes, but at the end of the day, the candidate with the MOST votes wins. And if we judge it by the current swing- The libs will get it (not including the votes left to count or postal votes)

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Fisher by election shows 2 party preferred:

alp 51.5%,
lib 48.5%

WHAT, my god if the ALP win this...

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Matthew Beet posted:

Nah gently caress qld. Seriously.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Anidav posted:

Nah mate all this fine state needs is a swing back to the ALP and the reef will be saved!

You got a point there. The libs Under joh were ready to drill for oil near the reef.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Hey homebrew.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

CrazyTolradi posted:

At least you didn't wish him happy birthday.

No no, you wish Fawlty7 happy birthday every day mate.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

homebrew posted:

Fawlty7 got a jabber broadcast earlier.

I saw that, sadly I don't think he's at the PC right now, more important things happening *wink*

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

homebrew posted:

You'd better wish him Happy Birthday on FB then.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Anidav posted:

Does Morrison have any economic credentials?

Do any of them have economic credentials? They're all corporate lawyers right?

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

homebrew posted:

"Everyone warp to me, warp to me warp to me."

(brief pause)

"poo poo. If you warped to me you're dead."

I'm in his fleet now- We actually won a fight with only 7-8 losses, we dunked 40 of them.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

katlington posted:

Does a really close final result not trigger an automatic recount?

The libs can grasp at straws and ask to have it recounted a dozen times, it won't change the results. The AEC took their sweet time to run through the votes. I'm sure the results are valid.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
The anti islam dribble is already flying "WE SHOULD BAN ISLAM".... Yeah! That'll fix everything! Turn into a fascist country! :wtc:

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Anidav posted:

Some people are going crazy saying they have grenades and heavy weapons without any evidence.

So, News LTD?

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Jerk Burger posted:

Special ops police are not normal police

SPECIAL POLICE!

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Anidav posted:

The longer this goes on, the more I think it's unrelated to any Islamic organisation and it's just a few amateurs with a flag. Usually a Islamic organisation would release a media statement claiming responsibility by now.

The News LTD papers will still try to spin it as ISIS MASTERMINDS ATTACKING TEAM AUSTRALIA! Then wave a bunch of Australian flags to make people happy, while the Government passes new security laws in the background.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Quick! Ban sports bags!

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Idiots will be idiots

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Murodese posted:

He was 200m away, apparently.

e; my fav twitter account:

Bolt Comments ‏@boltcomments 29s30 seconds ago
Apparantly they [Lindt] refused to make their products Halal

ee;
Bolt Comments ‏@boltcomments 16s16 seconds ago
The terrorists in Martin Place are likely genuine refugees or the children thereof, most likely bought in by Malcolm Fraser from Lebanon.

ee; he was unrelated

*twitches with rage*

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Comstar posted:

Report says someone called from inside the Cafe to tell 2GB to tell the police back off. But that's social media reporting it.

2GB! THE MOST TRUSTED STATION! AND NOW EMERGENCY CALL CENTER!

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Pyramid Scheme posted:

All 3 ex-hostages were men. Maybe the guy is not willing to kill yet, but getting rid of potential challengers for his precarious alpha male position?

Traditionally they kill the men on the spot, and use the women and children as bargaining chips.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Yes, lets gently caress up the police operation and get in the way of a hostage crisis...

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
I'm waiting for the basement dwellers to start crying "FALSE FLAG ATTACK!"

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Murodese posted:

Fisher recount completed, ALP wins by 13.

Excellent! I expect the libs to cry for ANOTHER recount soon.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Anidav posted:

Guys I'm worried about our leftest imagination, it seems to have powers that control other people's posts on Andrew Bolt articles.

EDIT:

"Men stood on top of a Townsville shopping centre holding a racist sign in the wake of the Sydney siege"

They are so tough they hide behind bandannas and scarfs.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Yeah, the rest of Australia would be laughing. Bananas and Rum alone won't save the state's economy.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Ricky Manuir

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Fruity Gordo I disagree.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Anidav posted:

An Andrew Bolt avatar on my screen really upsets me.

He has that smug look of "I'm better than you, and you know it" too.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

IslamoNazi posted:

This is the queue to get into a park to watch the fireworks in Sydney as of 12pm

Should we remind these people that you can view the pretty explosions from ANY distance within the CBD? And not just inside the park?

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
It's cheaper to drink at home. A home I pay for. Besides, gotta save the pennies for the next weekend anyway- Pubbing it with mates then. Quieter, and no bullshit.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

CrazyTolradi posted:

You mean grubby EVE players.

95% of eve players in my city are goons, so they are not grubby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Stop the Scrotes posted:

say something in turkish

:unaustralia:
seriously sicne when is it illegal to drink out of a box

Drinking goon out of the cask in public transport maybe?

• Locked thread