Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The practical effects in T3 are really goddamn good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ephori posted:

Battle: Los Angeles was everything that Terminator: Salvation should have been.

You know something, I agree with this.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

davidspackage posted:

Moon Bloodgood? Say what you will about her, but that's a hard name to forget.

My favorite thing about the leaked Bale rant was probably that he does, in fact, refer to McG as McG.

Haha, yes. Get the name right motherfucker!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ross posted:

I love the fight scene in Terminator 3, it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsqGZP-W25U

Highlights:
- Ripping a urinal from the wall and beating the T-X over the head with it
- T-X piledriver into the toilet

T3 has some regrettable bits but overall I liked it.

I forgot how setup/punchline this was.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lurdiak posted:

It wouldn't be so bad, but some people are under the sad delusion that his posts are a valuable and welcome alternative to sane threads, and thus encourage him.

He quotes Francis E. Dec, what do you contribute?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gatts posted:

I dunno if its just the sci fi or comic book nerd threads that get up in arms and having to defend their beloved franchises.

Ding ding.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Groovelord Neato posted:

Man, Ellison shoulda sued again.

Nothing would stop him.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

No, not at all. They're fast-tracking the next two movies, yes, but Genisys was shot on its own.

Good god.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Rhyno posted:

Like Cameron will actually ever make another T film. He's too busy making lovely movies about blue aliens.

Is he really? It's been six years since the Blue Alien movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

We're talking On Cinema At The Cinema here.

Don't you DARE you son of a bitch!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

PerilPastry posted:

How was Emilia Clarke in this?

Cute and charming, all she needed was some Ace bandage and she could've played the 9 year old Sarah Connor they kept referring to.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Judakel posted:

Her face is child-like and her demeanor is too soft to play a woman who has been preparing for war since was a child.

They should've altered the character to suit her demeanor more because she is very charismatic.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

RBA Starblade posted:

where Riddick tries to guess the plot of the movie based on the first one only to get it wrong past the first half.

How do you figure?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ror posted:

'Powder Terminator' just makes me wish that it ended with him chasing Sarah Conner through a thunderstorm in an open field with his arms outstretched.

Suddenly him coming back for her when she was 9 makes sense.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Electromax posted:

I unabashedly loved the stupid Arnold body/scientist voice gag, can't remember if that was just a deleted scene or not.

It's a deleted scene and it's hilarious.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hbomberguy posted:

Terminator 3 was almost a really good comedy.

Terminator 3, people 0

For the third movie in any series they just need to turn it over to comedy writers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Xenomrph posted:

But that doesn't explain the show's widespread critical acclaim. :confused:

People like soap operas. No matter what anybody tells you, you could put The Thorn Birds in different clothes on every season, every year, and people would eat it up because melodrama is universal.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lady Naga posted:

Although, I am anxiously awaiting your analysis about how Batman is actually the real villain because he's a rich guy that beats up the mentally ill.

They made this movie. It's called The Dark Knight Rises.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Why was Clarke a bad choice? He was the most interesting presence in the film.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

He had a huge head and a tiny mouth

A month later, he's still my favorite part of the film. He's just so interesting to look at.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

JediTalentAgent posted:

I still sort of think no one outside of Arnold was really hit the sweet spot of their characters in the movie, though. Now, someone like Nic Cage as John Connor, though, might have been REALLY interesting.

Yeah no thanks.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Honestly my favorite part of Clarke in this was when he was slouching in a sweater over a button down at the CyberDyne offices making chill dad jokes with his pals. If you want to cast someone who's a bit of a doof but has a lot of menace just underneath that, Clarke is one of your best options right now.

I ain't think much of him in Dawn of The Planet of the Apes but I wish he'd come back.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I will happily eat crow about Emilia Clarke. She isn't tough but she's got a lot of personality.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Waroduce posted:

what about season 2

This has been settled a long time ago. Season 5 is the worst season, and worst is being very relative.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ah, poo poo, that's like the Bad Father in Jumanji.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Pretty much. Why, after all, does the liquid terminator take Sarah Connor, as its final form? Everyone's noted that the liquid terminator is the 'feminine' counterpart to Arnold, literally fluid in its ability to shift between various genders and whatnot. But few people have linked this to Sarah's insane ranting about the patriarchy, and how John needs to talk her down from killing Dyson. Sarah Connor is the feminist villain of the film.

Right, the twist of Terminator 2 is not that the Arnold is a good guy now. The twist is that Sarah Connor is The Terminator.

CelticPredator posted:

The ending to T3 is pretty good though.

It's a rad ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Xenomrph owns at the very least because he isn't guy 999 out of 1000 trying to win the biggest prick in the world contest.

• Locked thread