Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
James Cameron apparently saw an early screening of Genisys and appears to be saying it should be considered as the "third" terminator film. I find this amusing since he praised Terminator 3 back in 2003 as in "one word: great". Terminator 3 is a solid action flick IMO. The car chase, the T-800 vs TX fight, even some of the dialogue/plot were good, and in the last 3 minutes of the film where John and Catherine realize that the Bunker is for surviving Judgement Day rather than stopping it was genuinely :tviv: when I first saw it in the theater. Terminator 3 was R and used mostly practical effects and stunts as well. Genisys looks like its going to be the opposite of that along with a PG13 rating.

:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
It's doesn't have an R rating so gently caress this. Terminator III at least kept the violence and profanity from the first two films. The action sequences look like they'll be some weightless marvel poo poo as well. :mediocre:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Terminator 3 owns and gently caress James Cameron for trashing it after initially giving praise.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

WarLocke posted:

boobinflation.jpg

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Genisys is getting unanimously panned in early reviews.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Genisys currently has a 17% rating on RT. :dogbutton:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

He's too busy making lovely movies about blue aliens.

I really hope these sequels flop.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Skilleddk posted:

Saw this yesterday and it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. RIP Terminator franchise

Emilia Clarke is so bad as Sarah Connor it's not even funny. Arnold is just there for comedy.

I know this movie will be dogshit but I'm still giving Arnold :10bux: because I like Arnold.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah that was the point, probably should've included that. In other news,

Firstborn posted:

Arnold loving owns.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
With all the negative reviews coming out, Skydance Productions CEO David Ellison & Dana Goldberg "insist" that James Cameron Wasn’t Paid A Cent To Endorse ‘Terminator Genisys’. :laffo:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Just got back from a showing and I still can't decide whether it's worse than Salvation or not.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
A Terminator Vs. Predator movie would've been better than Genisys.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

AvP was a better movie then Genisys.

It must be James Cameron said it was a good film as well!

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
To be fair to Genisys it did have some incredibly badass visuals, specifically on the John Connor Terminator. I also enjoyed the scene where Arnold's Terminator brutally killed the T1000. In retrospect, the whole concept of this movie was awesome it was just executed horribly. If this had a good director, an R rating, and better casting it easily would've been on the levels of T1-T2. I still don't regret giving Arnold my :10bux: either. :colbert:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
It's true. :)

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

Skynet in T3 is shown to be outright malicious from the beginning. In the movie it propagates a part of itself as the worst computer virus in human history and lets itself loose on the Internet, and then when the "computer virus" starts disrupting military computer networks, the people in charge decide to activate Skynet to neutralize the "virus". They let Skynet off the chain and it goes "lol pranked" and immediately nukes the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umH0ZpLaAwI

T3 really had the best ending.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Terminator series is two films

Right, now let me argue that the Alien series only includes Alien and Prometheus simply due to Ridley Scott's participation in each.

:ughh:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Groovelord Neato posted:

You're about the last person to have this discussion with anyone.

:ironicat:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Genisys opened strongly with $85M overseas alone and it hasn't even rolled out in Germany, Japan, or China yet. $130M Worldwide so far. Go Arnie! :hellyeah:

Immortan fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 6, 2015

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

polish sausage posted:

Yeah i saw The RLM review too. i'm glad arnold is great, but it really sucks that sarah is "okay"(and she's probably going to be bad for me because I really don't like the look of that actress they picked for her) and jai courtney as reese is a thing that really gets under my skin. Also does all the bullshit in this movie mean that T2 never happens? anyway, I absolutely despised T3 and Terminator salvation, but I actually like that dude who played chekov's version of reese in salvation. At least I kinda could see that dude growing into kyle reese. I guess I'll just see this tonight then and get it out of my system, and just say the same thing that I always do: that the franchise is done after T2 and everything else is fanfiction garbage bullshit.

Blah blah only James Cameron matters blah blah.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
The T-1000 has no biological tissue whatsoever; how it made it through the time machine in the film is simply a plot hole on Cameron's part.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Is this going to be released in China? :confused:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Hbomberguy posted:

Arnold Schwarzenegger will already live for all time you loving babies. He is immortal. Ya'll think The Terminator's ever gonna go away, the third best film ever made beside Gremlins 2 and Throne of Blood? gently caress off.

I'm glad we'll all die so one day I don't have to deal with your lovely opinions and then later don't have to deal with my lovely opinions either. See you in hell, which doesn't exist. Buy a fedora while you still can.

Can you please restrict your terrible posting to the Hobbit thread? Thanks.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
I don't see any release dates set in China for Terminator Genisys. :confused:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Spacebump posted:

That's really weird when you consider Looper was partially filmed and released in China.

Terminator Genisys has a chinese pop star on the soundtrack and a Chinese actor playing the T-1000 ffs and they're still not releasing it there?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I'm still not really sure why the consensus seems to be that T3 is bad. Is being campy bad?

Goon hyperbole. Also the crane chase in T3 was Fury Road levels of tits.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

oohhboy posted:

T3 is pretty good in general. Better than Gensys both as a movie and as a Terminator film. It had a Terminator punch through someone to drive a car. RELAX. We will meet again. That ending was a great gently caress you. The crane scene was just demolishing stuff. It was fun and funny without most of the stupid Gensys has. The characters worked. Yeah, it's not a great work like T1 and 2, but it is closer to them than 4/5 is.

This Collector's Edition they're doing seems interesting.

http://www.filmarena-eng.com/blu-ra...steelbooks-foil

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mFIMns_qTM

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

ruby idiot railed posted:

Right, what we see of the Future War (except T4) are nightmares and not to be taken literally.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

iamsosmrt posted:

I would honest like a sequel to this, though the movie's apparently bombing pretty badly. drat shame really.

Isn't this still going to be released in China?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Terminator Genisys gets China release date on August 23rd. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/terminator-genisys-gets-china-release-810285

Considering the last Transformers movie made $320 Million there I'm predicting this will make $200+ Million easily. Congrats Arnold.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Darko posted:

Detroit has little to no gang activity

Post of the year, folks.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

I have a friend out in Royal Oak and she says their crime rates are pretty bad for poo poo like you've mentioned, her apartment in Novi got the door kicked in a dozen times in a year so she bailed out of there.

Chicago's south side is the worst. I was driving through the Heights 10 years ago at night with my window down. At a stop light a cop came roaring up, yelled at me for being wreckless and ordered me to follow him to a safer place.

Sounds like we need some Terminators to deal with Chicago gangs.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Arnold continues to own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPixbDs52NY

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Revealing the John Connor twist in the trailer though really was a lovely move.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Hbomberguy posted:

Luckily no-one is doing that.

SMG and I are merely pointing out the truth in that supposed craziness. The future war does not need to be real for it to be right to try and stop it.

Can you please not compare yourself to the great SMG? Thanks.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8c_eH81o8I

Edit: Didn't realize it was posted already. :happened:

Immortan fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 28, 2015

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB8KO6N0Jx0

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Darko posted:

There's no "original" timeline because the first Terminator is a Messiah prophecy story. Kyle falls from the sky, impregnates the virgin, and she births JC who was the prophesied savior. It's a causal loop, an the Biblical parallels are a result of this loop.

So Arnold is Satan? :birddrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Terminator Genisys makes $27M + in China on just a Friday, fourth largest ever in that country. Projected for around a 75M weekend. http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/08/23/box-office-terminator-genisys-opens-with-massive-26-6m-in-china/

For the haters of this movie:

• Locked thread