Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

All these campaigns succeeded though?

People are still talking about them and the brands long after they stopped airing.

Right, but that doesn't mean they were successful in selling the products. I actually have a lot of fun with commercials. They can be funny or a good talking point.

But...I'm not rating it on how well it gets me to buy their stuff. So while it may be memorable and successful as far as sticking in our heads, they probably did little to actually push the product itself, and probably even (especially in the mac example) pushed people away.

At work and can't find it. How about those little rat things for the PSP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

f#a# posted:

Back when Pepsi came out with their new logo, the agency that designed it released a branding document detailing their approach.

It was the laughing stock of the marketing world for a good few months. Some highlights:

The secrets of the universe are literally contained in a 12 fl oz can of sugar (or sugar substitute), acids, and all natural flavoring with some caramel coloring.

Take that Hawking, Einsten, etc.

Seriously, someone got paid millions of dollars to do this?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

The Mac ad campaign did help sell Macs. It brought over people who knew nothing about computers or how to maintain them, into a camp they could smugly stay within that had supposed superior technology. However, the main goal of the Mac campaign at the time was to make the majority of the people aware of an alternative to Windows. No better way to do this then be somewhat aggressive, but still friendly, with your ad campaign.

Since Apple fired their ad agency a little while back and brought advertising in house, their sales have been flat lining across all products.

That is interesting to know. My impression was that everyone hated the commercials unless they were already inclined to like mac computers. Hodgeman was always the funny one while Long was a person you wanted to punch in the face. Then again, at the time, most of the people I knew did know a bit about technology so they weren't fans at that kind of approach. Guess it worked better on folks that were already outside the tech realm.

Wasn't there a game company that offered ad space on tombstones or something? It was Acclaim, the Best Company, if I remember.

More game ad stuff, what about Aliens: Colonial Marines? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2qVebxlUo

They built this up as a super awesome shooter and it ended up being a lot less polished and a bit broken in the game play.

I also know there was a lot of video game nerd rage about the newest Madden and how the marketing showed realistic reactions on the sidelines and more improved graphics, and it has absolutely none of those things in the game. I think this is relevant to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yizJnmd5xdM

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Can we talk about ads we think are GOOD in this thread?

The Samsung vs Apple ads I thought were super on point. They show people with the Samsung walking by folks waiting for the newest Apple product. They were down to earth, focused on features instead of brand, and showed how they benefitted the consumer in a way the apple product absolutely could not. A lot of the dialogue was hamfisted and smarmy, but it got the point across.

I wish all commercials were like that. Here is what it does, here is what it does better, and here is how it benefits you. No need for gimmicks, no need for spokesman, or even jokes. Instead we get..I don't know the FRAMILY or whatever the gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BltL8vKpXD0

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I felt like this was the douchiest commercial ever and pretty much guarantees I'd never buy a Cadi ( I may be exaggerating).

Why yes, we work more than other countries and have lower quality of life! BUY THIS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGJSI48gkFc

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

This is actually a great commercial, but the audience is limited which can make it bad if the media buyer isn't great at her job. The intended audience isn't people like you Jastiger, but people like Pete Campbell from Mad Men.

Also the ingenious blend of "not wasting time" with electric powered car is great. Busy people that get poo poo done hate spending time in line or pumping gas at a station. With electric, you can spend time with family or working while it charges. Good on you though for working hard. You make stacks of cash and you deserve toys like this.

You can literally say this about ANY commercial listed here. "You aren't the target audience".

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CEa9fL9nS0
I can more or less guarantee you that anyone watching the Seahawks wipe the floor with the Eages is pretty much not the target audience for this, either.

Ehh I dunno, I can see that one being a broad appeal. Kind of.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm maybe it is a bad ad for most people but good for those people. We had a discussion on this in a group at work talking about advertising and every person from the top on down hated the commercial. I got the vibe that if someone could afford a Caddi, they'd feel embarrassed about it with that kind of attitude associated with it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Also, I can't stand those Lexus commercials around this time of year where a family gets a new SUV with a big bow on the roof in the driveway on Christmas morning.

Actually came back to post it but then it was Dumb moves, not irritating moves.

On a similar note with marketing, isn't it interesting how nearly every "performance" vehicle that is marketed, you have to break the law to use them as they are designed and shown in the commercials. Few other products are intentionally marketed doing illegal things in order to sell them.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Can you post some examples of the "out of touch" marketing from McDonalds? I don't watch a lot of TV so I don't know what you're talking about and I'm curious.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I over heard a conversation with someone who knew the people that did the Matthew McConaughey Lincoln ads. Apparently no one liked it except Lincoln so a bunch of people said "gently caress it", put it on, and then people were shocked-SHOCKED-when it didn't work out as planned.

APparantly corporate marketing is a real bitch of an industry.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I remember in a marketing class I took that I believe it was Crest that is the #1 toothpaste in sales in the world. No one gives a poo poo, no one really bases their toothpaste sales on the latest add campaign, no one really puts that much thought into it.

So they stopped advertising since they were cruisin'.

As soon as they stopped their sales tanked and Colgate overtook them (I think it was Colgate). Same with Pepsi and Coke.

Its weird but the data shows it works, even when with every fiber of my being I don't use their marketing an iota when I decide which one I pick up.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

That makes no sense to me. I buy pepsodent because I like how it tastes, I buy store-brand diet soda because it tastes pretty close to coke while being a few bucks cheaper, the only time I actually factor ads into my purchasing habits is when it's an ad that makes me aware of a sale or something new. Pretty much everyone I know is the same way, so... what the gently caress is the deal?

I agree. I agree is the same for me. A new movie? Cool. A big sale? Alright. The rest of the time "yes, I kmow McDonald's exists. I know Pepsi exists. I don't care about that"

But yeah it somehow works.

For example I'd consider every single ad on the Internet with the exception of a few banner ads to be dumb. 10 secrets THEY don't want you to know!!!1

I never thought anyone clicked them.until I started my job at an insurance place. I get 5 to 10 calls a week from people that click them expecting 15$ insurance or believe the ad in a literal sense. They even ask the ten things they should know to save.

So I have to think that for every person that ignores 90% of advertising there are two that eat it up.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

In that case it worked out well for them because their competitors couldn't advertise either. In the toothpaste example only one company stopped advertising.

Ads work on everyone, but most people think they're the exception. Because ads don't work in a simple, straight-forward way it's hard to see how they're affecting you. You don't see a McDonald's ad and immediately go out and buy a burger, but the constant advertising makes sure that you know what McDonald's is, you know what they sell, you recognise them instantly when you see them, you know what to expect when you go there. When you're walking down the street and you see the golden arches you think "burgers", not "a big yellow M". When you're thinking "Where can I go for a quick meal?" one of the answers that instantly pops into your head is "McDonald's". And there are a lot of more subtle effects, like using particular words, colours, symbols, sounds, etc. to give certain impressions and fix certain associations in your mind. None of it translates directly from seeing the ad to buying the product, but in its totality it's hugely effective in making large numbers of people more likely to buy the product.

Well of course *I* am the exception :)

Commercials make sense in some regard. They legitimize a product or service. If they have enough money to show up on the TV then they MUST be worth while, right? I can see that psychology working.

The trouble I have is when they just throw something, ANYTHING, at you and it has either nothing to do with the product/service or is misleading.

I come back to facebook ads. "The top 20 things they DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW"!

"Click here to save $402 a month on car insurance!!111"

"Catch the burglar and win a $100 Wal Mart gift card!"

I am just thinking to myself "really...this is such an obvious click bait"...then I see it actually WORKS. Maybe its like the freemium game thing where most people ignore them, but that small 5% of loyal people click and click and click and click and are the cash cow, so now the rest of us have to wade through bullshit because that 5% demographic makes them all their money.

Edit: Dumb moves for my company-I work for a ~premium~ insurance retailer and we actually advertise in areas we are either intentionally not competitive, or don't even write insurance for.

Jastiger has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Jan 5, 2015

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

onionradish posted:

In 2013, they spent nearly 1$ billion in advertising and marketing. They do that every year.

I work in insurance. My company writes home, auto, life, etc. Everything. So do other companies. GEICO and progressive write themselves auto boat and bike. Casualty, and farm out the property.

On their marketing strength alone they outsell all other carriers on auto alone. That means they write more casualty policies than other companies write property and casualty combined .

When I was griping about ads not working I meant stupid lovely banner ads or gimmicky save money numbers that pop up on springer.

But holy poo poo does it work.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I work for an insurance company that has a similar branding as Darkholds. It's a constant battle between marketing to the target market Ala the voucher program mentioned or trying to.throw out a big net like GEICO. as someone in sales it's infuriating to call the 1800# as a test that shows up on Springer and maury and get my own company. We market to people we don't want then complain when the people we get sucks.

Marketing is hard to do right for sure. But goddam are there some bone headed decisions.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I grew up in Germany and do not knock my Ritter Sport bars. They are head and shoulders above the generic Hershey bullshit, and they aren't ridiculously over priced like the Lindt stuff (when its not on sale). Granted, people doing flips has no impact for me with Ritter, its my childhood experience so there is that.

I get when they want to put out ads for something like a Sonic coming to town. I mean, they can't control the entire region for commercials a lot of times, so if the place is 2 hours away, its probably still in the same viewing region. What I DON'T get is when they don't do business in the entire state or something like that. I'm in central Iowa so I'll see commercials for stuff happening in Eastern Iowa maybe or something.

But why am I seeing commercials for places that don't even exist in the entire state of Iowa? Its so freakin weird. Insurance companies are the worst at this as well as restaurants and the like.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I mean that makes sense with the national stuff or a place 2 hours away or something. You can't make it perfect.

I was more speaking to offering services to states where you don't even do business nearby. Like getting East coast food joints in the midwest or stuff like that.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I really enjoy NPR for its content but I have to say, not having to listen to these offensive radio ads is a huge bonus too. I mean yeah products and services I get. Heating and Cooling, ok cool. The latest restaurant is running a special, greate!

COME ON DOWN DOWN DOWN TO BOBS FORD FOR THE LATEST DEALS ON THE A-A-A-A-AWESOME VEHICLES WE HAVE FOR YOU! NO CREDIT NO PROBLEM COME ON DOOOOOOWWWWWNN.

All said in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice or some poo poo. Whyyyy.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

A buddy of mine and I had a bourbon-fueled conversation a few years ago over how long it should have been before the Herman Miller Aeron Chair should have been "now available in true black" vs. "still available in true black." Good times.

Thats the thing though. I get they need sponsors. But they respect the audience (and remain neutral) by just explaining what it is, where to get it, and yeah they gave us some money. No gimmicks. No loud music. No insults to my intelligence or an appeal to the lowest common denominator. If every ad was like that, i'd be a much happier person.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of bad commercials that send the bad message, Cadi douchebags style...how about that one ad featuring "Fame" featuring those driving the suv as emperors.

Yea, other people are literally your slaves for buying this car and doesn't mean you're a bad person at all to compare yourself to ancient pharaohs.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't get the GoDaddy controversy. I thought it was kind of ironically funny the way it ended.

Why are people upset about it again? Its not like the van said GLUE factory or DOG RACING or anything like that. I'm a bit confused.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sleeveless posted:

Nobody's actually upset by it, the whole thing was astroturfing to get free publicity by having a "banned" commercial that people could be indignant about and you totally fell for it.

I fall for nothing!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm 100% sure i will never see such a video because they obviously aren't going to disallow payment by money. I mean really. And look how the campaign is working already you're all talking about it and I bet most of you have already been in to Mcdonalds because it's been on your mind and making you hungry. Marketing genius.

Troll post I know, but it still bugs me.

Just because it "gets people talking" doesn't mean its "good marketing". Look at how much the Go Daddy commercial was talked about. How many of us are now thinking of doing webhosting because of the commercial? Probably 0.

Now, getting your name EVERYWHERE is useful because it legitimizes a brand, but the commercial itself doesn't' mean it was successful in pushing business to the location.

I say this as someone who is pretty upset with his companies marketing strategy of GET IT EVERYWHERE that has the same mindset and its to their detriment.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol I work at Nationwide.

I've had no fewer than 5 people call in to complain and/or cancel their policies because of the commercial.

Granted, those are folks that probably wouldn't have stuck around but still.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

UnoriginalMind posted:

I checked the past few pages and didn't see anything about that "Macro Brew" ad that Budweiser put out. The entire thing boiled down to "We're not one of those SNOBBY CRAFT BREWS. We're BREWED HARD and don't taste like peaches." Uh. Okay.

Translation: "Help, craft beer is killing our sales and we have no way to differentiate our lovely pisswater from similarly priced lovely pisswater."

Thinking about it, I don't actually know anyone that drinks Bud Light or Budweiser. My generation skipped it, seems like.

Good call on that one. I like craft beers and enjoy trying different kinds. I don't like being told I"m a dickhead for not drinking Budweiser because its "cheap". So yeah, gently caress them.

I have to consider the commercials with Kate Upton for that Game of War bad with money in advertising but I"m not sure if everyone else would agree. Their commercial makes it out to be this huge game the likes of DRAGON AGE INQUISITION with big ol titties and dragons and poo poo.

Then you look at the game and its this little F2P thingie with 16 bit lookin graphics with "energy" cool downs.

Bait and Switch much?

Also, I am not sure if I brought it up here, but I'm going to go ahead and assume anyone driving a Chevy Colorado is a complete rear end in a top hat based on the commercials they were pitching.
Oh poo poo look at this human being and his fuel efficient vehicle. Better get the HUGE TRUCK YEAHH BACK IN BLACK.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think its less Millennials are special and more we are inundated with ads every day from the time we're old enough to focus on a television. It jades you REAL fast. The trick is less "get the message out" and more "how do we trick people into not realizing their being manipulated". I mean look at old ads in the 50s. A fun little ditty, a picture of the image, a (likely) false scientific claim on the product and boom, you're in. The campells soup thing is perfect. It wasn't necessarily BETTER than other soups, it was just ubiquitous and it paid off.

Same phasing with the internet. If we put ads EVERYWHERE people will buy buy BUY! And it worked until people got wise and it didn't work anymore. Now you have them hidden at the top of Google searches or disguised as news articles. The trouble is, the uneducated still buy into it, while the jaded roll their eyes and install Ad Block or avoid them all together. Think about the type of person that clicks on "The Top 10 things THEY don't want you to know" ads vs the Taco Bell ad. One respects your intelligence and ability to internalize marketing, the other plays on your ignorance and gullibility.

More Millenials are educated and jaded, so you see it working a lot less than it used to I think, more so than it being just a young person. Uneducated Millenials DO buy into some of that stuff, so its not going away for a long time. I just think people on this forum are a bit more savvy about it than we are giving the general public credit for.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Sorry if I came across as a dick--I wasn't trying to be combative. I am well aware of how much things suck for Millennials' pocketbooks. They're in rough shape and it's tough on those of us in the media who rely on their spending to support our employers. I'm just bothered by the common perception that they're dirt poor and never have any disposable income.

I can see why people jumped on you though. Having :siren: THREE TIMES THE POVERTY LEVEL :siren: isn't the same as having disposable income, especially since as someone else pointed out, rents and student loan debt make up the majority of expenses for that demographic. I mean, I live in the Best City In the World (tm) with really affordable living and I still don't have money to throw down on a new car or something else-or rather I do, but it'd be irresponsible to do so (the same way Baby Boomers are irresponsible to do it, but historically did).

Also its easier to do comparison shopping now, more than ever. You're less likely to get roped into the first quick deal if you have the ability to compare and more importantly compare QUICKLY to find the best rate. Also a lot of Millenials are wise to sales trends and how retail purchasing works so they're more easily able to take advantage of it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm curious what company Lincoln work for. Can you divulge that?

Also Tiny Brontosaurus, its wrong to say Millenials are immune to advertising. I don't kmow why you would say that.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He don't need no ad to tell him how to be a man. Him and his small penis run on Bud Weiser delivered in a Chevy Colorado chased by some Taco Bell steak before he washes his hands Dove Men's Dad Style.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Let me ask this to everyone, does anyone find the commercials where the subject in the commercial is "elite" effective?

Think back to that Cadillac commercial (we work more than every other country!) the National Rental Car (You don't have to talk to humans, and I don't want to!) or the for profit colleges (YOU are elite, you don't need to work no desk job, come get our business degree!).

Do those work on anyone? Does that make anyone want to buy that product? For me it just guarantees I'll never seek out those products because they are for assholes. What does the research say?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Humor works on me. If a commercial can be funny and self depreciating, I'm a fan. Not of the product, but the commercial. GON' GET SOME COLD CUTS HELL YEAH. Still wouldn't buy GEICO, but I was entertained between the bits of my show I'm watching.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone actually encountered that at a dealership? A sales person using TOUGH GUY to sell a vehicle in a face to face setting?

I'd like to see and hear about this, preferably with video, it sounds hilarious and belongs in this thread.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The funny thing about GEICO is that I actually had them for a long while. I saw their ads and figured "meh, whatever I'll just call them and see if they can in fact save me 15% or more." Well it turns out they could. I ended up paying about 2/3 of what I was paying at the moment and was like "oh yeah, score!" A few years later I had a seizure and ended up going without a car for a while which meant I had no use for insurance. Several months of having your license medically suspended will do that. When I was able to drive again (still haven't had a second seizure) I started car shopping and called up GEICO because, well, they were the cheapest I could get. Turns out that period of no insurance meant I had to pay quadruple what I did before.

Now when I see a GEICO commercial the only thing I think is "yup, gently caress you" no matter how good the commercial is. Like I can't even laugh at the jokes anymore because I know what kind of pile of poo poo GEICO can be. Sorry you stupid loving lizard but no amount of marketing can make me switch back to you, ever.

It really kind of makes me wonder why some companies seem to think that if people hate them for whatever reason they just need to run a few cute commercials and tell everybody about how nice they are and all is good. GEICO saves some people money but also dicks some people over so hard they just never want to go back at all. Is there some executive somewhere that's thinking "screw some people as hard as we can then run a funny commercial, they'll come back?"

:ssh: you should go look at my Insurance thread in BFC. That is the norm for ALL insurance companies. For the company I work for you can't even get a policy in the standard platform if you have a lapse like that.

It sucks, but its an industry wide thing.

I still am entertained by the commercials for the insurance companies though. Doesn't mean I'll buy it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ToxicSlurpee posted:

One of the very bizarre things about humans is that if you give us too many options we'll just kind of stand there and stare. Like our brains just shut off and this includes sandwich options. Sell a base sandwich and then say "well you can just like add whatever" and people will highly likely prefer to order the precanned thing that already has a name ahead of time. It's just how our brains work, really. Your bog standard human would rather say "I want the club" than "I want a cold cut with x y and z, hold a, add extra c."

It's kind of a time thing as well. If people are in a rush they don't want to stand there deliberating on what to get. They just want to say "I'd like an X" and be on their way. It's why there are things like fast food menus where you just say a number. Generally you can pick and choose what you get with your stuff but generally people just want to say "#2, large" and leave it at that. This is especially true when you're buying cheap, quick stuff and let's be honest, Subway isn't a place you go if you want the best stuff in town. Subway is where you go when you don't have time to cook or just want a $5 sub.

I think a lot of it is that consumers are trained that the per-packed one is CHEAPER or at least somehow better. For example if you go to a burger place and get the "Cheeseburger" you often pay a different price than if you got a "burger and added cheese". Same with adding bacon. You often pay MORE to have it "your way" than getting the package. Subway I know is guilty of this. If you get the chicken bacon sandwhich its one price, if you get a chicken sandwhich and "add meat: Bacon" to it, I am pretty sure you pay more.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Racist pedo
Ban this filth

I've mentioned this in the other lovely advertising thread, but what the gently caress is up with the spate of car companies showing off their cars doing things their cars can't physically do? If you have to literally put the word "Fantasy" at the bottom of your ad, perhaps you are no longer advertising the vehicle you think you are. I know it turns me off of the vehicle in the ad, and if it's egregious enough it can turn me off the brand entirely - at least, while the ad is running.

I always come back to cars. What other product actually shows the product or service being used in an illegal and unrealistic way as the only means to sell the product? HIGH PERFORMANCE 400 HORSE POWER ENGINE! (illegal to use it!). SUPER SPORT SUSPENSION! (Please don't drive this fast) CAN GO FROM 50 TO 0 WITH OUR MEGA BRAKE PACKAGE IN 5 FEET( can't really do this, drive safely!:shobon: )

There are other products that use cgi to sell, like cosmetics for example. But I can't think another type of product thay is explicitly illegal and unrealistic about itself and be completely serious about it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The dancing at restaurants just makes no sense. I've never met anyone over age 7 who enjoyed it I actively avoid eating at places like Joe's Crab Shack or Texas roadhouse, even though the food is good, because of it. I can't be the only one.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I get it at kids' places to sing and dance, and yeah, its about embarrassing the kids. But who thinks its a good idea? Who is like "Alright, lets all interrupt our work day to sing to these guys and possibly LOSE more of a tip due to the delay!"

Its like the lettuce under a steak or door hanger advertising, or gag ties. Literally no one wants that poo poo, yet collectively we as a society, still don't stop doing it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I think Coke in Mexico uses real cane sugar, or something along those lines. It's supposed to be baller.

It IS baller. Its kind of sad that we don't have it as a standard that we use sugar here in the US

It really does taste better to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I used to work at the meat Dept at Walmart and it was always interesting to see the Johnsonville brats from USDA certified inspector #342 and all the Wal mart ones a few bucks cheaper had the exact same inspector number. It was always Johnsonville and always the brats for Wal mart, nothing else matched up.

I have to assume it's all the same plant and meat just packaged differently.